A-level athlete Yoel Romero says he will give Anderson Silva the first shot at the title

t3_5cobxt

untitled-9j9swf.gif

Bisping gets his shit pushed by Yoel though <6>

So Romero is already looking past Bisping...I feel an upset coming. Bisping by KO

As shocking as the Rockhold KO was, this would be craziest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

He just wants an easy fight. His division is filled with a bunch of killers and he wants to take on someone he knows he can beat easily.

To go from Bisping to Silva is to have two of the easiest fights in the division. The Bisping fight can't be helped, as Michael is the current title holder, but there's no reason for Silva to have the honor of Romero's first title defense.
He is giving the title shot to Silva, check your reading comprehension. That's giving up two easy fights to fight killers.

Yeah why not.

Proberly all MW fighters still recognize Anderson Silva to be the greatest MW of all time regardless that he has lost a few fights lately and it would be an honor to fight him.

He is giving the title shot to Silva, check your reading comprehension. That's giving up two easy fights to fight killers.

The title shot is not his to give, and there's nothing in his tweet to indicate that's what he meant.

He just wants an easy fight. His division is filled with a bunch of killers and he wants to take on someone he knows he can beat easily.

To go from Bisping to Silva is to have two of the easiest fights in the division. The Bisping fight can't be helped, as Michael is the current title holder, but there's no reason for Silva to have the honor of Romero's first title defense.
Seems you are forgetting who he already has beaten.

Seems you are forgetting who he already has beaten.

Not at all. He's a great fighter who can beat any man in the division on any given night.

But even great fighters want a day off, and Romero is at an age where easy title fights prolong his career.

I think Bisping wants the same thing, which is why he was eager to fight Dan Henderson for his first title defense and not so eager to fight Romero for his second.

I agree.Call me crazy but I think Anderson would beat him. Hes just the kind of guy the spider could chew up.

When he was in his 30's and motivated, yeah, he could have made it interesting in the later rounds. But his TDD was nowhere near good enough to avoid Romero's blast double at any point in his career, let alone now. This would always be a difficult fight for both parties, but nowadays I'd say Silva's fallen too far to make this fight anything other than a blowout.

Not saying I wouldn't mind seeing it in the future, but Romero's got bigger fish to fry first.

its funny how everyone was terrified of the Spider during his reign but now they're all begging for an easy payday off his name.

Lol.

I'm sure he right pissed of Mike with that one.

He beat Weidman, beat Jacare, beat Kennedy, and will beat Bisping. Whose left? Rockhold? Rockhold dont want anything to do with Romero.

sounds too confident. He may have to get humbled Manchester style

Bisping is a horror match up for Yoel.
And if Yoel is already looking past him then I see Bisping wrecking him.

yeh olympic bastard,yeh got nutthin buddeh

I love Anderson Silva but the man is 41, has had devastating injuries in the past, who knows how many surgeries and his chin has cracked.

He's done more than enough. He should just enjoy the big mac life.

Fighting past their prime underserving challengers is Bispings gig.

Back