A-level athlete has a new meaning

Holy shit I just saw Volkov post fight, not 1 single scratch or mark, bruise or swelling on him. You'd never know he had been in a fight. Let alone vs an 'A level'

Meanwhile Hardy had a busted lip and marks etc vs a Volkov that chose to point fight with 50% shots. The fact that Hardy threw 100% shots and Volkov looked brand new is quite telling. Hardy is not ready to crack the top 10 yet. Maybe in the future

he probably never will be. Hardy landed a clean overhand right that did absolutely nothing to Volkov. Black Beast landed 1 overhand right and it almost killed Volkov.

It means the commentary team tells us the A level athlete tore everything in his right arm

This is your idea of "A-level athletes"?
z4YEvve.gif

you know how many fights they could win pulling a Koscheck? lots. that's A level fight IQ on display.
<TheDonald>

This A level athlete shit need really to stop now, if you want fight in ufc just build your career as a fighter, if not, just throw the fuckin ball in the fuckin hole and shut your fuckin mouth, nobody is interested about how high you can jump.

NFL guys = Majority running for 10 seconds to make plays.. thus they judge athleticism on such things. "Oh my gaaad he ran a 4.1 in a 40" meanwhile, that literally means absolutely fuck all in a fight. Nothing, infact, find me the fastest 40 yard runner int he NFL, and I'll find you countless guys in the UFC that can KO him stiff even if the guy trained for 8 years.

Arbitrary athleticism metrics mean nothing cross sports, your 40 yard dash is useless in MMA, absolutely useless. Just like we don't care about if you can run for 2 hours, or if you can bench 1200 pounds like the worlds strongest man. Being strong is being athletic too, and we've literally seen the world strongest man come into MMA and not do super well, so why would we believe some guy that can run a semi decent 40 yard sprint (but not fast enough to be a pro sprinter) be some scary force? Id take the worlds strongest man over a semi decent sprinter that cant compete in pro sprinting.

LeBron is a complete pussy, Kobe is a pussy, go watch the clips of them getting hands thrown at them or them throwing hands, its laughable.

This is your idea of "A-level athletes"?
z4YEvve.gif

Flopping in soccer is hilarious.

To be fair though, I'm a huge basketball fan, and flopping in the NBA was out of control before the league cracked down on it.

he probably never will be. Hardy landed a clean overhand right that did absolutely nothing to Volkov. Black Beast landed 1 overhand right and it almost killed Volkov.

That was after he hurt his hand though to be fair.

The man-crush that Sherdog has with NFL and NBA players is ridiculous
I think what it is, is that these guys got beat up by the football team so they HAVE to believe that those guys are the toughest.

I think what it is, is that these guys got beat up by the football team so they HAVE to believe that those guys are the toughest.
They are some of the toughest. NFL safety Ronnie Lott had his finger amputated during half time so he continue to play the rest of the game. Yeah thats tough...

The man-crush that Sherdog has with NFL and NBA players is ridiculous
NBA especially, have you ever seen those guy's fight, it's hilarious how uncoordinated they are when throwing punches with the exception of guy's like Ron Artest, lol.

They are some of the toughest. NFL safety Ronnie Lott had his finger amputated during half time so he continue to play the rest of the game. Yeah thats tough...
Yeah, that's like NHL players getting stitched up on the bench or handing the equipment manager a handful of their teeth to hold on too so they can make it out for the next shift.

To say these guy's aren't tough is pretty absurd.

Growing up most of the guys I knew that did sports were not the toughest or the most dangerous. They are exceptions ofcourse, but at my school (a school of 1300 people) only a small handful of the sports athletes I trained with were legit dangerous tough guys, the rest were scared to hang with actual street type dudes that would throw down, and I knew plenty of street dudes that were dodgy as hell, and alot of the 'sports' guys were shitscared of them = would not even fight them.

The most dangerous people I knew were all street type dudes that were just super game and ready to fight, and some of them were borderline crazy most of the time and would take risks. I think it is either in your DNA or it isn't and everyone has it to varying degrees. Now I'm not saying being game is all it takes, because theres plenty of geeky/thoughtful types that can do well in fighting.. but just speaking generally. Athleticism helps for sure, but if you don't have the fighting gene you are fucked when you meet a guy that does! Athleticism + the fighting gene is what is required. It is hard to describe it, but in fighting you either have it or you don't. I know you know all of this man, but some people think sports = pro athlete = can fight MMA, which is hilarious :D It couldn't be further from the truth. There are so many things you need to have to be a fighter, and mindset is a big part too.

Back