A level athlete Greg Hardy gassed in 57 seconds

Lol at you Americans thinking that sprinting and being able to jump really far/high are the main deciding factors in athleticism. Just because they’re important attributes for your two favorite pasttimes football/basketball, doesnt make it the be all end all of athleticism.

Cardio, distance management, timing, positioning, precision, etc etc. are all important as well in many other sports, including mma.

A lot of what you listed are not athletic attributes, they are skills, learned through repetition.

not surprising. he's a fucking NFL guy, these guys sprint for like 5s just to have to rest 20s right afterwards. their sport doesn't require great cardio

Your missing the part where they have to withstand frequent contact every down at high speeds. It alters your cardio big time. Like being on the receiving end of body shots in combat sports. Need to be able to sustain and be in great shape physique wise to absorb hits/contact. Pretty much what you are stating is Yoel Romero's style anyways

Last edited:
The only way you would know that is if you where watching..
Something you like to tell us?
I don’t want to talk about it, bro. Just leave it alone.

Isnt agility (balance,reaction,coordinatoon) is way more important than athleticisim for martial arts ?

Since when did cardio = A level athlete? brb inb4 the UFC is overtaken and dominated by marathon runners and cyclists.

People wanna blame adrenaline dumps, nerves, whatever. But nobody wants to imagine what that would translate to in a 1st round where he's swinging away, missing, and getting grappled.

Hardy is gonna get exposed badly, and people are immediately gonna make "what happened to Hardy?!" "A level athletes aren't real!!!" threads everywhere. Bank on it.
Well he's not going to go undefeated and he's definitely not the first athlete to gas. Anyway this thread is based on bullshit. Hardy didn't gas in the fight.

Hardy couldn't catch his breath after the fight that lasted 57 seconds and consisted of a few exchanges on the feet
you got a gif or something? His breathing might have been slightly elevated but your exaggerating quite a bit here.

He's right. Being an "A-level athlete" in NFL doesn't mean that you're even going to be C-level in MMA. And vice versa.
Unless youre a "jacked whiteboy" like Lesnar..

Correct. They are also physically weak. Soccer is bottom of the ladder in terms of the quality of athletes that play it.
Fucking lol <Lmaoo>

Talking like a true Murican..

Fucking lol <Lmaoo>

Talking like a true Murican..

I'm English and talking like someone who played Soccer more or less everyday of my life between 4 years - 18 years old. I switched to Rugby League when I saw the game for the pathetic excuse for a sport that it is.

I'm English and talking like someone who played Soccer more or less everyday of my life between 4 years - 18 years old. I switched to Rugby League when I saw the game for the pathetic excuse for a sport that it is.
Yeah the sport sucks ass but believe me the guys playing it at pro level are very good athletes.

I remember when he tried to square up to me.

My reflexes and punches were naturally faster, my footwook was naturally better...My punches were naturally straighter...My chin was naturally tuck down and better....He was swinging like an idiot with his chin up.

Got em....and he got KTFO.....every since that day, A level athlete stayed in football like the pussy he is.

I heard you sucker punched the kid...

Yeah the sport sucks ass but believe me the guys playing it at pro level are very good athletes.

Speed and cardio wise they are solid, but like the other guy said, they lack in the size/strength department. Rugby league requires comparable speed and cardio but also much more strength, size and physical durability.

People keep going on about him being an 'A level athlete' but American Football plays for like 30 seconds a time at best, wouldn't be surprised if his gas tank is shit.
Exactly. I get super bored with pretty much every “mainstream” sport. My friends tried to argue that nfl was exciting, so i pulled out a stopwatch, letting it run only when playbwas active. At halftime, there had been 2min 48sec of actual playing time. 2 hours of game time, less than three minutes of actual movement. Literally anyone could manage that level of output. Thats not to say literally anyone could run as fast or lift as much, etc, but three minutes of activity in two hours? Anyone’s 91 year old granny could manage it.

Back