A heavier female division

would be more watchable regardless of skill level. I'm talking about big strong, athletic women who weigh the same as an average guy. The problem with UFC women fighters now is that in the back of your mind, you think they can't hurt you.

I'm thinking women with physical gifts siimlar to those in the video below, most of them can kick an average guy's butt even before training:

Emma-Stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bGod.gif

No talent, the skill level would be even lower than 135, the athleticism wouldn't be all that higher and the girls would be on average uglier to the casuals.
Terrible idea from a commercial standpoint.

Even the "pretty" girls look like crap in a fight. I doubt looks make a difference.

I want to see the big gal that was on Wand's team teaching submissions she would steamroll a lot of big boned ladies. :icon_chee

Even the "pretty" girls look like crap in a fight. I doubt looks make a difference.

It would make a difference because you market people outside of fights, you really believe looks hasn't made a difference on the careers of Miesha and Ronda?
It affects the male fighters in a sport predominantly watched by men, of course it's going to affect woman.

It would make a difference because you market people outside of fights, you really believe looks hasn't made a difference on the careers of Miesha and Ronda?
It affects the male fighters in a sport predominantly watched by men, of course it's going to affect woman.

Ronda succeeds in spite of her looks.

I'd watch it.

Ronda succeeds in spite of her looks.

In spite? She's not a hollywood actress, but she's not ugly, and she's been highly sexualized en route to her present level of popularity.

In spite? She's not a hollywood actress, but she's not ugly, and she's been highly sexualized en route to her present level of popularity.

you can't get away with this route either. If Ronda can be "sexualized" like you said it then any woman can be sexualized.

You still can't make the connection between "heavier division" and "uglier than Ronda"

would be more watchable regardless of skill level. I'm talking about big strong, athletic women who weigh the same as an average guy. The problem with UFC women fighters now is that in the back of your mind, you think they can't hurt you.

I'm thinking women with physical gifts siimlar to those in the video below, most of them can kick an average guy's butt even before training:

then you are not thinking.

No a female without training will not beat an average guy without training even if the woman is roided up.

then you are not thinking.

No a female without training will not beat an average guy without training even if the woman is roided up.

you're not reading. MMA training. These women will beat up an average guy based on strength and size alone.

I say we go for the gold and get female heavyweights. Worst case scenario we gain an infinite number of athletic and explosive fans

As someone who's seen the 145lb+ divisions, I'd say we're good with 115 and 135 for now.

A 220lb Cankleweight division would really put WMMA on the map!

i always like weight divisions going up, not down, so yeah i'm cool with heavier female divisions if an additional ufc wmma division must be created.

if the skill level is par to the current division, I'd watch.
But I don't think I could tolerate something of lesser quality.

Can't watch the video but I doubt there are many chicks who would be cutting from 155-160 who have any agility at all. 160 on a chick is going to be a lot of fat, unless you're cyborg, and even the smaller girls aren't especially quick.

W135 is bad enough already, we don't need more of that shit

Back