A Guide - How to spot a fixed fight

Kimbo Slice vs. Bo Cantrell and Pudzianowski's first MMA fight always stand out to me. In the latter's case, his opponent reacted like he was getting shot with each low kick. <45>

Overall, I think there are way more fixed fights than most people want to admit.

Bo is just a professional can and people were legit afraid of Kimbo back then as weird as it sounds.

It's less of a fix and more hiring someone you know will take an out the very first chance they get.

1531090489-993553746.jpg

If Tae Hyun Bang and Leo Kuntz are in it or you see three letters somewhere on the screen and the guys fight inside the ring with boots on...

<TheWire1>

There is a difference between fixing a fight and looking for an easy way out so you can collect your fight money and go home without taking damage. Sonnen does the latter.
sometimes i think he's mentally weak, sometimes i think he just doesn't want to get hurt. getting greco'd by maia right into a triangle seems like the former; same with the loss to silva by triangle.

these meatheads can’t act that well. Now those early ufc videos eeeessshh..... that’s awkward lmao

1) If a fighter folds from barely taking any damage and covering up so they dont take any severe damage *ahem Greg Hardy fights*

2) If a fighter does not land a clean shot. they will not throw something with ill intent unless they know they are going to miss. *ahem Lawler vs Colby*

3) If a fighter gives up a submission really easily. *ahem chael sonnen*
(especially after no damage inflicted by either fighter => wrestling exchange => sub)

4) If the organization is pushing a fighter to become a star, this gives them a clear reason.

InBeforeEddieBravoOrAlexJonesMemes

list some of your own reasoning

So, you're saying fights are fixed?

sometimes i think he's mentally weak, sometimes i think he just doesn't want to get hurt. getting greco'd by maia right into a triangle seems like the former; same with the loss to silva by triangle.

Wrestlers get surprised when people actually put hands on them rather than try to sprawl and defend. Sometimes the surprise is so strong they get tossed and subbed. I dont think Maia would toss Sonnen like that every time they fight.

Wrestlers get surprised when people actually put hands on them rather than try to sprawl and defend. Sometimes the surprise is so strong they get tossed and subbed. I dont think Maia would toss Sonnen like that every time they fight.
For sure not!

Back