A Guide - How to spot a fixed fight

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
1) If a fighter folds from barely taking any damage and covering up so they dont take any severe damage *ahem Greg Hardy fights*

2) If a fighter does not land a clean shot. they will not throw something with ill intent unless they know they are going to miss. *ahem Lawler vs Colby*

3) If a fighter gives up a submission really easily. *ahem chael sonnen*
(especially after no damage inflicted by either fighter => wrestling exchange => sub)

4) If the organization is pushing a fighter to become a star, this gives them a clear reason.

InBeforeEddieBravoOrAlexJonesMemes

list some of your own reasoning

Last edited:
shamrock%20fail.gif

Rich Franklin vs Ken Shamrock @xMaxPower

There is a difference between fixing a fight and looking for an easy way out so you can collect your fight money and go home without taking damage. Sonnen does the latter.

There is a difference between fixing a fight and looking for an easy way out so you can collect your fight money and go home without taking damage. Sonnen does the latter.

go watch Tito vs Sonnen

shamrock%20fail.gif

Rich Franklin vs Ken Shamrock @xMaxPower

Play the rest of the clip dude.

Kentakedownfranklin.gif

Also, Rich was in a DEEP heel hook that fight; one he said bothered him for the rest of his career.

Ken has been part of a lot of shady shit; like taking money early from small promoters then pulling out of fights and not giving it back. That fight though? Nah.

How does Ken Fckin Shamrock, a guy with a 100 years of mma experience, NOT finish this against a novice like Kimbo..?

GregariousWellgroomedDrever.gif

Play the rest of the clip dude.

Kentakedownfranklin.gif

Also, Rich was in a DEEP heel hook that fight; one he said bothered him for the rest of his career.

Ken has been part of a lot of shady shit; like taking money early from small promoters then pulling out of fights and not giving it back. That fight though? Nah.
Are you implying Ken falling to his back was an attempt to get the lock in? Looks like he pretended to get hit, Then went for that ankle.

How does Ken Fckin Shamrock, a guy with a 100 years of mma experience, NOT finish this against a novice like Kimbo..?

GregariousWellgroomedDrever.gif

this was probably the most obvious fix in history lol
its so obvious that it wasn't even worth mentioning... it should be common knowledge that this is a fixed
for yall that dont know, Kimbo gout out and TKO'd ken shortly after.

Are you implying Ken falling to his back was an attempt to get the lock in? Looks like he pretended to get hit, Then went for that ankle.

I'm not implying shit; I'm just saying you get better context from the whole clip.

I don't know man - maybe he saw the jab coming that clips him, tried to lean back and his ankle buckled. Maybe his knees have been held together with tape instead of cartilage for like the least twenty plus years and fell weird.

Just watch the whole fight though, it doesn't look like a fix.

Fight fixing is such a weird thing to accuse a promotion of, because it's a complete death knell for the entire organization.

This is a fix:

Kimbo Slice vs. Bo Cantrell and Pudzianowski's first MMA fight always stand out to me. In the latter's case, his opponent reacted like he was getting shot with each low kick. <45>

Overall, I think there are way more fixed fights than most people want to admit.

Kimbo Slice vs. Bo Cantrell and Pudzianowski's first MMA fight always stand out to me. In the latter's case, his opponent reacted like he was getting shot with each low kick. <45>

Overall, I think there are way more fixed fights than most people want to admit.

definitely

I'm not implying shit; I'm just saying you get better context from the whole clip.

I don't know man - maybe he saw the jab coming that clips him, tried to lean back and his ankle buckled. Maybe his knees have been held together with tape instead of cartilage for like the least twenty plus years and fell weird.

Just watch the whole fight though, it doesn't look like a fix.

Fight fixing is such a weird thing to accuse a promotion of, because it's a complete death knell for the entire organization.

This is a fix:

That was fixed? Looked like a great example of The winged in hook being delivered.

Back