A GSP-Khabib Match is still possible

GSP should just stay retired. He has been on a decline for almost a decade now (knees) and his fans would implode if he lost.

GSP retired at the right time and came back for the perfect fight vs Bisping. Well played to him but the game has been passed him for almost 8 years now.

He is smart enough to know when the odds are not in his favor.

39 year old GSP no one can call done. Khabib wins and he’s the greatest MMA artist ever.

I have Khabib by decision.

How would beating an unbelted 39 year old who hasn't fought in 3 years (by november) in any way earn him that distinction? GSP is one of if not THE greatest of all time, but he's no where near the top of anyone's current rankings. It would mean more for Khabib's stardom by far than it would mean for how we talk about his skills.

Why do people think it has to be at lightweight?
I think i remember Firas saying recently that if they were to do it, they'd do it at a catchweight of ~165 pounds.
Yeah, I was surprised, I thought he said he was only interested in a belt. Personnally, I'm not interested in those stupid catch weight. 155 or stay retired.

Last edited:
Why do people think it has to be at lightweight?
I think i remember Firas saying recently that if they were to do it, they'd do it at a catchweight of ~165 pounds.

It's more meaningful at lightweight.

Khabib will have a chance to rack up a title defense, and to beat one of the best to ever play the game.

GSP will have the chance to win against a champ at a third weight class.

If this were to happen at catchweight or welterweight, it would be just another fight between two great fighters. Still interesting, but not as epic, and for sure not drawing as much mainstream attention.

I'm a big GSP fan and would hope he would win, but at this point in his career I would say Khabib would be just to much for him sadly.
If GSP were to win though, how could anyone doubt his Goatness.

GSP said he‘ll never fight again after age 40, he thinks he has no business fighting after that age.

GSP is 38. Tony will fight Khabib in April and likely lose.

Khabib fights twice a year at best.

GSP vs. Khabib in November or December of 2020.

39 year old GSP no one can call done. Khabib wins and he’s the greatest MMA artist ever.

Khabib most crowning achievement is subbing conor in the 4th not bad but
<JonesLaugh>

GSP said he‘ll never fight again after age 40, he thinks he has no business fighting after that age.

GSP is 38. Tony will fight Khabib in April and likely lose.

Khabib fights twice a year at best.

GSP vs. Khabib in November or December of 2020.

gsp being out of the testing pool proves he done. he picked to duck khabib instead of fight him

Not gonna happen,

The UFC (Dana) knows that GSP would beat Khabib and retire.

Khabib would loss a lot of value with a L's on his record.

it not gone happen cause gsp knows he loses that why he retired.

no he wont. people need to let him go. he could of been in it the whole time and be fighting khabib at ufc 249 but isnt.
dana refused, khabib said yes, Gsp said yes. After ufc 242 dana said he would be open about it after the tony fight.

If Khabib beats Tony, this fight actually makes sense. He will have beaten the top 3 LW contenders (Conor, Dustin, Tony) and earned a superfight. Both Khabib and GSP have expressed serious interest in the fight, why would Dana turn down a chance to make big money? Make the fight at 165 catchweight so that no belts are on the line, and everyone is happy. Khabib and GSP win cause they get the fight they want, the UFC wins cause they make money and don't have to worry about a belt getting vacated, and the fans win. Yes please.

Khabib has to take care of Tony first though which is obviously no guarantee at all.

UFC made the one time BMF belt so maybe they can do a legacy belt for Khabib and GSP at 165? Would not fuck 155 if GSP wins, there is a belt on the line and weight is good for both. Book it Dana!

Back