A great HW tests for JBJ

2XDropkick

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Forgive this totally hypothetical thread...or ignore totally. But all the jbj talk about HW is interesting.

Quite a few threads about Cain but realistically if jbj follows the anderdon silva model for moving up he'll likely pick a lower ranked opponent.

I think Overeem vs Jones would be so much fun to see and I would love to see this fight if he wants to foray into HW. I actually think it's a great match...

Hes got work to do at LHW still but thoughts on how that would go down? I'd be interested in some sherdog armchair predictions, thanks.

Overeem wouldn't be a good stepping stone for anyone. Yea he lost to a lot of people but he still has a shot to KO anybody.

Anderson fought the former champ right after he lost his title. Jones should have to fight JDS

Overeem wouldn't be a good stepping stone for anyone. Yea he lost to a lot of people but he still has a shot to KO anybody.

they teammates so not sure if they'd fight each other. but interesting fight indeed, plus jj has no ko poker so overeem should be safe there lol

When Jones says he would only fight at Heavyweight against the right opponent I think it's pretty much code for Cain Valasquez. I doubt he would take a Heavyweight fight against anyone else.

they teammates so not sure if they'd fight each other. but interesting fight indeed, plus jj has no ko poker so overeem should be safe there lol

Right...forgot Reem is wirh Jackson now.

Agreed about the lack of ko power. Thought that might make it a fun striking match. Again...hypothetical

Agreed....just thought it would make a fun fight. I like the hypothetical match up for a lot of reasons.

He won't fight Overeem since they're teammates..

Jones will only move up to fight if the money is right

Miocic vs Jones is the fight I want to see.

At this point I don't wanna actually see Jones fight a HW unless it's Cain and the fight is actually taking place at HW.

The only way to really beat Overreem is to let him gas out and knock him out

although jones may be able to get him to gas out, he definitely couldnt knock him out and i think overreem would knock jones out before any of the above would occur

People saying Overeem would beat Jones are plain dellusional.
Jones just beat Cormier, who is a much better hw than Overeem.

Back