A grappling survey I created

I bet 90% of the respondents agree with you, actually.

Yeah, from the replies to a questionnaire someone had posted with a similar question I was surprised how open minded Sherdog was in that way.

I'm prolly the only guy who is open to grapple a gay guy. The fact of the matter is, if they are strong and i can learn from them, ill grapple a gay (aside from the fact that iluvballz HAR HAR).

Actually, I fully agree. As long as he doesn't try to stick his thumb up my ass or something intentionally sexual, we're a-ok. And I believe that someone would have more respect to try something like that on purpose anyways.

My rankings.
1) Mount
2) Back Mount
3) Knee on Belly
4) Side Control
5) Guard
6) half guard top
7) half guard bottom

1) Side Control
2) Scarf Hold
3) Back Mount
4) Mount
5) Knee on Belly
6) half guard top
7) half guard bottom
8) Guard

1) Side Control
2) Scarf Hold
3) Back Mount
4) Mount
5) Knee on Belly
6) half guard top
7) half guard bottom
8) Guard

You'd rather have half guard from the bottom than full guard?

I'm prolly the only guy who is open to grapple a gay guy. The fact of the matter is, if they are strong and i can learn from them, ill grapple a gay (aside from the fact that iluvballz HAR HAR).

When I checked last night about 10% of people were saying they did not want to grapple with someone who was openly gay.
In comparison, a large minority (more than 30%) did not want to grapple with people who do steroids or HGH.
I think only 4 people said they did not want to grapple with women and only 1 person said they did not want to grapple with someone 50lbs or more heavier than them.

I could care less about my training partners sexual preferences, they're not there to hook up with anyone. I'm there to train and learn, and so is everyone else.

As for the HGH/Steroids thing, again, no big deal. They're strong sure, but I can still learn technique to overcome it.

Would have done, but it said it was closed.

I will grapple with anyone - except if they have ringworm or other nasty shit - and I always see it as a blessing when bigger newbies spazz out and get a bit liberal with elbows/slams or whatever. I don't take it personal, I see it as an opportunity to deal with a slightly different set of problems. Same reason I wouldn't avoid a bird, a poof or a sted-head.

Back