A grappling survey I created

Kyuktooki

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just created a grappling survey to test out a survey tool I might use for an academic project of mine later on. I left all the questions optional. The first few questions are demographic and the rest ask about submissions, position preferences, how you train, and training partner preferences. I'd appreciate it if you'd give it a try.
Survey | Qualtrics Survey Software

Feel free to ask my any questions and give me any feedback.

My title says grappling survey but I just realized I intended to make it more BJJ centered. I am hoping this won't piss people off to greatly. I'd be happy to have any grappler answer if you don't mind skipping the ranking question and dealing with BJJ terminology for submissions, positions, etc.

Finished... will we get to see the results or key statistics?

I am not sure how best to present the results here but I will find one way or another to do it.

I want results, if not, anyone who posted in here needs to show there "rank these positions" part. I thought that one was cool.

Here are mine. They of course come from an MMA bias so be kind....

#1 Side Control
#2 Scarf Hold
#3 Mount
#4 Back Mount
#5 Knee on belly
#6 Top Half Guard
#7 Guard
#8 Bottom half Guard

So far 37 people have taken the survey, and it looks like 36 of those people answered almost every question.
I'd like to give this more time so that I can get more statistically relevant results. If I get enough people I might be able to do some regression or correlation based statistics and go beyond means and averages.

So far 37 people have taken the survey, and it looks like 36 of those people answered almost every question.
I'd like to give this more time so that I can get more statistically relevant results. If I get enough people I might be able to do some regression or correlation based statistics and go beyond means and averages.

Did you post it on the underground?

No... I don't actually remember my username and password there.
I'll go there now and see if I can remember.

Finished. Hope to see the results once you get enough responses

I just posted it on MMA UG in the Atama BJJ forums. I can't add a link because I don't have a pro account. Feel free to copy and paste the link to anyone you want.
I think the limit of people who can reply is 350 with the free account. I seriously doubt I will get that many replies.

Done, but I couldn't give one answer to "Favorite Submission" and I had a hard time organizing between "Side Control" and "Side Control (or Scarf Hold)"

I think we also need a tighter definition of what is meant by "High Percentage" - like, are they easy to land and thus high percentage, or are they easy to finish someone with once you have it, thus high percentage. Or must it qualify for both, easy to land and easy to finish?

It looks like I might have messed something up. I can fix it now but it would mess up the stats a bit.

Finished mine. Please remember to post the results when you'll have it done :D.

Back