a good four mile run time

got a sexist on the forum, but anyways especially with 5ks theres a shit load of walkers

I agree with him

Its not sexism if a simple fact of life is males if given the same amount of training protocals as females, will do better

It sounds like this guys is just starting and if he can get to an 8 minute mile average for 4 miles he is going to be above average for an off the couch runner. Not someone who runs to compete, but a runner who is in it for some Cardio and is just starting from Nothing.

I hope that's sarcasm. :icon_twis

r u kidding me it is "there will be so many old people and women that it will not be hard to be in the first half of the people." sure women are physically at a disadvantage while running then men, but a women can run a 18 min 5k if they train, and that aint bad

I agree with him

Its not sexism if a simple fact of life is males if given the same amount of training protocals as females, will do better

yeah males will do better , but it doesnt mean every female sucks or is slow, they might be at a slight disadvantage but they are more than capable of beng fast for anyones standards

yeah males will do better , but it doesnt mean every female sucks or is slow, they might be at a slight disadvantage but they are more than capable of beng fast for anyones standards

I think you are misinterpreting what he is saying. I think he meant that men should be placed in a different tier not that women suck. Just like he meant that age should be a separate tier when considering this sort of thing. It is just a fact that men are physically superior to women (just look at how our bodies are built). It is not to say that a girl can't beat a male in a physical activity because that is just silly; as I stated before my 12 year old sister runs a 6:18 mile which is better than a good portion of males I know. But if one were to take the best of the best of the males and the females; it would be a joke... just look at the WNBA vs NBA and records and crap.

there is no way a 6:30 mile is average.

the average running americannon competitive Id imagine isnt even 8 minute miles.

I know in mens health, an 8 minute mile means uare in decent shape, 7 minute u are in good 6 and below u are in excellent

So Id say average person doing an 8 is amazing and most cant do that.

In that half marathon I beat 20,000 people and I just ran an 8:54 pace.

Weight factors also

its a lot easier for someone 6feet and 150 pounds to do a 6;30 mile than it is someone like me 5'7 190

so there are different averages for each weight class also.

This man answers it.

I think you are misinterpreting what he is saying. I think he meant that men should be placed in a different tier not that women suck. Just like he meant that age should be a separate tier when considering this sort of thing. It is just a fact that men are physically superior to women (just look at how our bodies are built). It is not to say that a girl can't beat a male in a physical activity because that is just silly; as I stated before my 12 year old sister runs a 6:18 mile which is better than a good portion of males I know. But if one were to take the best of the best of the males and the females; it would be a joke... just look at the WNBA vs NBA and records and crap.

As I said based on the same amount of training and protocals men will do better and based on less training a man will do better then a woman, therefore it is easier for a active, fit 20 year old male to get 'good' standard of fitness to a female of the same fitness persuasion.
You're going around in circles red.

there is no way a 6:30 mile is average.

the average running americannon competitive Id imagine isnt even 8 minute miles.

I know in mens health, an 8 minute mile means uare in decent shape, 7 minute u are in good 6 and below u are in excellent

So Id say average person doing an 8 is amazing and most cant do that.

In that half marathon I beat 20,000 people and I just ran an 8:54 pace.

Weight factors also

its a lot easier for someone 6feet and 150 pounds to do a 6;30 mile than it is someone like me 5'7 190

so there are different averages for each weight class also.

1) thats mens health
2) thats over a MARATHON.

Why are people continually refering back to marathon running for a mile pace.

I somehow think 4 miles on the human body has a different effect to 26 miles.
Running a 6 min mile for 2 and a half HOURS will mean a 'slightly' (read: dramatic) change compared to someone doing the same thing for 24 minutes.
A 180 lbs person can keep that pace if trained for maybe half a hour, but for marathon such times, I doubt it (the fact that his body would try and adapt by losing weight shows this).

EDIT- ok half marathon, but still its over 3 times the distance which is 3 times the running time at 6 min mile.

Also, for a half marathon a lot of people want to prove they can complete the course. They aren't interested in getting a good time from a runners pov (they may want to finish it in 2 hours or something).
I'm not discrediting your achievement machine, I'm just putting it into perspective

if a women competes she is put in a different group same with older people, almost all races have age groups for male and female

but i do agree 100% with the second half

Back