A good cheap creatine BUT in pill form

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Mike O'Neil, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Mike O'Neil

Mike O'Neil Amateur Fighter

Well im am taking a members advice on here and going to buy there creatine stack. The only prob is I want my creatine in pill form. What can you guys suggest that is resnoble price. Looking to get like a 3month supply

2. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Good + Cheap + Creatine + pill form = non-existant.

3. Mike O'Neil

Mike O'Neil Amateur Fighter

Ok well is there such a thing as a good creatine in a pill form?

4. Sinister

The esterfied creatines come in pill form. Well, there's one by pinnacle and MRI, I think SAN has the CM3 as well. But they're definitely not cheap. Though I'm sure you can find some discount bargain basement creatine someplace that will equate to about 250mg of powdered, which is shit.

5. codysweet02

codysweet02 Brown Belt

What about that Thunder stuff? Cant remember the name of it but it is ethryl ester(sp?) i believe and in pill form. Heard a couple ppl say it is good, anyone had any exprience with it?

6. Jake Martin

Jake Martin Amateur Fighter

Cre-Ethyl Thunder does not really have enough Creatine to be worthwhile as far as using how you probably want to. I believe it only has 2grams or so.

7. Sinister

2 grams of Esterfied creatine is supposed to be as effective as about 5g of monohydrate.

8. Brand Nizzle

Brand Nizzle Guest

What does 'monohydrate' actually mean?

9. Sinister

10. Brand Nizzle

Brand Nizzle Guest

Lol thanks..

11. Brand Nizzle

Brand Nizzle Guest

"A compound, such as calcium chloride monohydrate, CaCl2

12. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

13. Chad Hamilton

Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

14. Rjkd12

Rjkd12 Certified Bastard

I don't know that much about creatine supplementation, but how much more effective is this ester stuff? Can't this guy get regular creatine, 500mg or 1 gram pills and just take a lot for not a lot of money? I think that is a lot better than doing nothing. And, just guessing, but can the ester even give 100% better results? Even if thats the case 50% of the results would be fine, and moreso if the ester increases the gains even less.

I mean, if its just about saturating the muslce with creatine how bad can it be to take 20 grams of monohydrate (possibly more than you need of ester) just to get the job done rather than 3-5 grams of superesterglycocreatine?

I dunno, but this is like a previous post of mine. Creatine, from the older studies I have read, only give mediocre results. Is it worth timing everything, eating certain things and buying creatine from guatamala to get a 3% gain, when possibly older creatine gives 2%? Especially if you are not an olympic athlete who drinks on weekends and gets pizza hut once a week? Although there are some here, but I bet most of the posters here looking for advice don't have every other aspect together, and missing a weightliting session to read up on creatine supplementation is ridiculous. It would be better to get a good cookbook or spend money on produce than get the lastest anabolic review and spend money on glycosylmachoisticcreatineesterhydrolxyl.

15. Sinister

Esterfied creatine has two benefits that stand out (allegedly, I've never used creatine period, I just don't give a crap about water in my muscles)...one is it bypasses the liver entirely while still being easier absorbed by cells. Two is it does not cause the specific bloating effect.

16. nudge119

nudge119 Green Belt

Recent studies have actually shown glycosylmachoisticcreatineesterhydrolxyl can give up to a 3.0001823% increase of type 2.7XUH muscle fibers....

Besides that though, great post.

17. Rjkd12

Rjkd12 Certified Bastard

I would assume if the ester creatine didn't cause your cells to retain water it wouldn't be getting into your cells at all. Creatine pulls water into your cells by osmosis, so without more water I don't think you would be getting creatine. Similar to the claims of "All the caffeine and none of the jitteryness" or "pure testosterone without the negative side effects" Either they are lying about the no bad side effects or about you getting anything positive.

Creatine doesn't work because it brings water into your cells, it helps regenerate more ATP, which helps you workout harder, which at the end of the month might mean a small increase in gains.

Lastly, I don't know why people talk about all this bloating and whatnot. I did gain weight while taking creatine, but I wasn't all bloated and fat. Creatine only takes water in intracellularly, and only in your muscles. You should retain water uniformly all over in your MUSCLES. Unless you have very muscular ankles or a stomach there is no reason for the water retention to go there.

18. Madmick

In what program? What study?

What about regular creatine monohydrate?

19. Madmick

The main reason I've never even spent the money to try esterified. It's still not actually proven that creatine monohydrate causes the muscles to retain water, it's just a widely accepted theory...and the theory extends that most of the benefits of creatine are a result of this effect.

20. Tankjitsu

Tankjitsu White Belt