A go fund me WTF moment....

She's allowed to ask for donations to pay for a funeral, just as we are allowed to tell her to fuck off.

Except she conveniently never mentions how he died, which most people would find quite relevant to their desire to donate.
And she adds angel's wings to his photo, as if he was saintly and/or would be getting into heaven, if there is such a place.

Given her deceitful, delusional behavior, I think people have every right to be offended and disgusted.

That's a big problem with these type of sites, is that no one's doing any research or vetting of them. And leaving that up to each individual potential donor is cumbersome at best and completely unfeasible at worst.

BTW, I reported the details of this person and told GoFundMe I thought it was highly inappropriate for them to be aiding financial gain for the direct consequences of criminal action - and taking a cut of said finances, as well.

We'll see if anyone there cares.

I'd encourage more of you go to their site and express the same sentiment.
(be sure to use links to the campaign and news articles regarding the situation)

Except she conveniently never mentions how he died, which most people would find quite relevant to their desire to donate.
And she adds angel's wings to his photo, as if he was saintly and/or would be getting into heaven, if there is such a place.

Given her deceitful, delusional behavior, I think people have every right to be offended and disgusted.

That's a big problem with these type of sites, is that no one's doing any research or vetting of them. And leaving that up to each individual potential donor is cumbersome at best and completely unfeasible at worst.

Dude it's his fucking mom. What do you expect?

BTW, I reported the details of this person and told GoFundMe I thought it was highly inappropriate for them to be aiding financial gain for the direct consequences of criminal action - and taking a cut of said finances, as well.

(be sure to use links to the campaign and news articles regarding the situation)

It's for her dead kids funeral, she isn't exactly hitting the fuking lottery

smdh

Lots of people triggered all of a sudden.

I step in until HollywoodNicky or Workers United gets here.

That kid didn't "rob" anyone. To rob someone, you have to take something that is legitmately theirs. The wealth in this country can't legitimately belong to white people, since they obtained it through slavery and colonialism. A white person complaining he is being robbed is like complaining to the police that someone stole your stolen car.

Did I do good?

The Force is strong with this one.:eek:

Sounds like it was a beautiful funeral, and everything one would expect for such a dignified, noble young man.

"A fight broke out after the funeral Thursday for a 16-year-old shot by a man he reportedly was trying to rob at gunpoint in St. Paul, police said.

People gathered at Cherokee Park after Lavauntai Broadbent's service started fighting among themselves, and one mourner was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.

Officers were on alert Thursday because shots were fired during a memorial two days after the death of Broadbent, who police believed was a gang member. No one was injured in that case, which police said occurred when someone mistook a car for a rival gang member's and opened fire."

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_28642915/st-paul-mourners-fight-after-funeral-teen-killed

Screenshot-812.jpg

893104_239719412870838_744669446_o.jpg

Dude it's his fucking mom. What do you expect?

Some shame? Some dignity? Some sense of responsibility for how he turned out?
If someone in your family died this way, would their parents be asking strangers for money?
No, I'm not surprised by her behavior, but I'm still disgusted with it.

she isn't exactly hitting the fuking lottery

Do you have confidence she'll actually spend what gets taken in on the funeral?
I can very easily see her pulling in 6k, spending 2 on burying him, and pocketing the rest.
And even if she did spend everything she gets on burying him - is giving a little thug a nice burial (as opposed to a standard disposal for someone who can't pay) a noble cause?

Sounds like it was a beautiful funeral, and everything one would expect for such a dignified, noble young man.

"A fight broke out after the funeral Thursday for a 16-year-old shot by a man he reportedly was trying to rob at gunpoint in St. Paul, police said.

People gathered at Cherokee Park after Lavauntai Broadbent's service started fighting among themselves, and one mourner was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.

Officers were on alert Thursday because shots were fired during a memorial two days after the death of Broadbent, who police believed was a gang member. No one was injured in that case, which police said occurred when someone mistook a car for a rival gang member's and opened fire."

Whew.

Good thing they had the donated cash to make this a classy affair.

You seem like a true asshole.

The feeling is more than mutual

she needs help laying his body to rest.

No, she doesn't.

What do think happens when poor people die? Local authorities take the body to the house of the nearest relative, stick it under the bed, and make them keep it there?

Bodies are always properly disposed of, no matter what.

The same people who are outraged by this are the same people who donated to George Z and Darren Wilson and made them millionaires just for killing unarmed black teens.

Oh yeah they're also the same people who donated to Dylan Roof's sister after he killed those 9 black people in church.

Or how about not raising a gangbanger POS son so you don't need to pay for his funeral? I could care less that this loser is gone and would be equally happy to see George Z. disappear as well.

Am I seriously looking at an online attack campaign against a mother trying to bury her dead son? What the fuck is wrong with you people??

A mom still has to bury her son. If she needs help, I'm ok with people helping her.

I agree with Rip here. Sure they try and portray the kid in a certain way, but the mom just wants to bury her baby.

I shouldn't have to share a planet with you guys. Forget racism; this is just plain evil. Race aside, the fact that the news of a woman trying to raise money to bury her son is circulating online forums in a spiteful and hate-filled way is despicable. I'm sure people have already started harassing her online. If that's not wrong, nothing is wrong. Some of the people on this forum truly, deeply disgust me.

Back