a gi on my back and the mat under my feet

B

blanko

maybe i am a bjj simpleton.. but when i have these two things.. i am content.. life is good.. as long as i am on the tatame.. i feel like i am protected /shielded from all the the problems/bullshit in my life. I am happy and dare i say.. i am in my element.. and yes.. i am a bit drunk. just throwing this out there.

Could not agree more. Throw in a bike to get to the mat....and I am in heaven. Sometimes when I walk around and all i have is my Gi all tied up in a ball I feel like I have mastered life.

Really is a great feeling

I love BJJ, I forget about everything else in life while I'm on the mat.

WRONG! This is good, but what is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

I could see how the guys in Brazil had the best lives. Easy living Bjj, Beach and a kicked back life style.

bjj is the only way I am surviving medical school. i hate studying. I hate going to lecture. the only thing that gives me a break from the monotony of academic hell is the jits.

People strive so hard to get all this stuff and things, its amazing how Jiu Jitsu can replace all that. It is the perfect treatment for a bad case of the rat race.

None of that matters on the mat

Now the only question is how do we stay healthy to roll till we are 60,cuz I have nightmares of the day im too old to roll.....

the short answer is that you need mature and smart training partners. every injury i had was because of a white belt.

I prefer sex > bjj, but that's just me.

I guess bjj falls a distant 2nd to me.

Now the only question is how do we stay healthy to roll till we are 60,cuz I have nightmares of the day im too old to roll....

I think about this every day with a guy at the gym who is 57 and is kicking my 21 year old ass...I can only hope I can be in half as good shape at his age

I prefer sex > bjj, but that's just me.

I guess bjj falls a distant 2nd to me.

i dont know about laid back lifestyle in brazil. there is alot of crime over their and poverty. beautiful place but not everyone has a beachside mansion and their own gym

Just kidding. I would keep fucking and take up Judo.

I can agree with you guys. I just got from practice, my face all bruised up, my right elbow's a bit fucked up, and my lower back burns, but I feel like my day's has been fulfilled.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I plan on grappling till I die. Plain and simple. I started doing jiu-jitsu when I was 16 and knew from the start that that was what I wanted to dedicate my life to. Not so much being some world champion, but rather getting my black belt, opening up my own dojo, and helping to spread the art. Even though I'll be going to college soon and my long term goal is to have an income of over 100 grand, that's all really just so I can eventually set my own schedule, afford to train as much as possible, and in general live the life of a mat bum.

^ that's actually pretty easy to do, just don't tap to the gogo.

bjj is the only way I am surviving medical school. i hate studying. I hate going to lecture. the only thing that gives me a break from the monotony of academic hell is the jits.

Amen. While I'm home studying and working my ass off in pharmacy school when my friends are away at other colleges partying and what not all the time, BJJ is the only thing that is keeping my sanity.

Back