A frustrated Ryan Hall will fight nearly anyone, but insists on proper preparation

It's been known for a while that people duck him. He's a very high risk and low reward fight. Personally I find the guy fascinating, so I hope he gets a good match up soon because this is ridiculous.

444243-5c1669be40f51f901926b35134ba3374.jpg

Pedro Munhoz? He's legit as hell but a weight divison below him?

This guy should be getting Bektic, Burgos, Kattar or even Lamas next.

Pedro Munhoz? He's legit as hell but a weight divison below him?

This guy should be getting Bektic, Burgos, Kattar or even Lamas next.
I think the problem is none of the guys ranked above him will sign to fight him (don't think Lamas is currently ranked though). Munhoz offered to come up to 145 to fight him since he's dealing with a logjam in his division. Given that Hall doesn't look like he cuts much for 145, I don't think the size difference will be large, but more importantly, Pedro is the one who responded to Hall's lament about not getting any fights.

It's about time the world's greatest martial autist got some respect. It's time to unleash the Khabib killer.

His dead eye "aww shucks" expression is scarier than a just bleed outburst.

I think the problem is none of the guys ranked above him will sign to fight him (don't think Lamas is currently ranked though). Munhoz offered to come up to 145 to fight him since he's dealing with a logjam in his division. Given that Hall doesn't look like he cuts much for 145, I don't think the size difference will be large, but more importantly, Pedro is the one who responded to Hall's lament about not getting any fights.
Good test for Hall but he really fucked himself over with his style. I don't think it's an issue of being scared but an issue of not wanting to solve such an awkward puzzle for such a low reward.
I doubt Hall has the fire power to keep Munhoz at bay (he had success against a similar styled Sterling) but if Hall does what he does successfully people are going to be more reluctent to fight him.

Good test for Hall but he really fucked himself over with his style. I don't think it's an issue of being scared but an issue of not wanting to solve such an awkward puzzle for such a low reward.
I doubt Hall has the fire power to keep Munhoz at bay (he had success against a similar styled Sterling) but if Hall does what he does successfully people are going to be more reluctent to fight him.
I agree that his style doesn't lend itself to higher ranked opponent's wanting to fight him, but he's doing what he feels most effectively showcases his skills without damaging his brain unnecessarily. I don't think critics who say his performance against Maynard warranted points removed for timidity are completely baseless, but he's fighting within the rules and winning, and clearly evolved between then and the Elkins fight.

We saw Saul Rogers beat him in TUF, so larger, physical fighters like Stephens or Emmett would be an interesting test, but in the meantime I'm really intrigued by the Munhoz matchup.

Isn't Kron Gracie in the same weight division ? COME ONE BOOK IT NOW

I'm sorry but he's had 3 fights in over 4 years with only one cancelled fight due to injury back in 2016 and just 9 career fights in 14 years. I don't care who's ducking him or any of that shit when it comes to being in the top 98% of the roster for inactivity when not being injured i'm not gonna listen to that shit. Guy seems so entitled and ridiculous all the while being obnoxiously boring minus his last fight, but Elkins is a punching bag, for sure the worst striker as far as the higher levels and stylistically perfect for Hall (not that Elkins isn't super tough).

Reminds me of when Ian McCall constantly took to social media complaining about all these guys pulling out on him (4) when he's pulled out of 9 fights and a lot of them the day of, or night before the fight due to "illness". Remember when Neil Seery pulled out on him and he absolutely flipped the fuck out? He was scheduled to fight Seery before that but Ian pulled out lol. Then he loses it on Twitter talking about how Scoggins missed weight,how he should learn to be a professional and do his f'ing job. His constant complaints had all these people talking about how unlucky he is, how he's always getting screwed over and meanwhile he has the record for most pull outs of any fighter, at least that I have looked up.

I'm sure he has had a harder time getting fights than most and that's unfortunate, but the guy has 9 fights since 2006, rarely fought before the UFC and seems impossible to work with with his constant demands talking about "the juice has to be worth the squeeze" while singing the "I'll fight just about anyone" song.. If you very very very rarely fight which has been the case his entire almost 15 year career then all this complaining and bullshit should fall on deaf ears. He sounds like a real 'poor me'.

Last edited:
Hope he gets something soon
He’s a guilty pleasure of mine to watch

I'm sorry but he's had 3 fights in over 4 years with only one cancelled fight due to injury back in 2016 and just 9 career fights in 14 years. I don't care who's ducking him or any of that shit when it comes to being in the top 98% of the roster for inactivity when not being injured i'm not gonna listen to that shit. Guy seems so entitled and ridiculous all the while being obnoxiously boring minus his last fight, but Elkins is a punching bag, for sure the worst striker as far as the higher levels and stylistically perfect for Hall (not that Elkins isn't super tough).

Reminds me of when Ian McCall constantly took to social media complaining about all these guys pulling out on him (4) when he's pulled out of 9 fights and a lot of them the day of, or night before the fight due to "illness". Remember when Neil Seery pulled out on him and he absolutely flipped the fuck out? He was scheduled to fight Seery before that but Ian pulled out lol. Then he loses it on Twitter talking about how Scoggins missed weight,how he should learn to be a professional and do his f'ing job. His constant complaints had all these people talking about how unlucky he is, how he's always getting screwed over and meanwhile he has the record for most pull outs of any fighter, at least that I have looked up.

I'm sure he has had a harder time getting fights than most and that's unfortunate, but the guy has 9 fights since 2006, rarely fought before the UFC and seems impossible to work with with his constant demands talking about "the juice has to be worth the squeeze" while singing the "I'll fight just about anyone" song.. If you very very very rarely fight which has been the case his entire almost 15 year career then all this complaining and bullshit should fall on deaf ears. He sounds like a real 'poor me'.

Not a fan of his rolling around like Sonic the hedgehog trying to get in a leglock but I can't argue with it's effectiveness, he's a master on the mats.

Any guy who can tap out BJ Penn is pretty pretty pretty good at BJJ

Supposedly he is the one wanting to get ranked fights and refusing to fight "not famous" fighters.......

The only way you get rich and successful in the fight game is.....fighting and then talking shit.....so Hall.....just fight someone, anybody..........and then talk some shit!

Preach good sir. I don’t buy this “no one wants to fight me” BS either
If he wanted a fight I’m sure there some young gun ranked a bit lower than him who’s dying for a fight.
But no, he’s getting lauded over a terrible win streak (Albeit I’ll give him Elkins as a solid win)
Ryan Hall comes off as an intelligent piece of shit, he knows what he’s doing and is playing it off.
He’s way too content picking off aging vets or damaged goods fighters. Doesn’t want to really fight the top guys.

I dont buy that people are afraid to fight this guy. Any decent striker with competent TDD would destroy him.

Back