"A Football Life" best episodes

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Started watching a few episodes of this lately. The Lyle Alzado one was fascinating. Really good episode. I had no idea he had that exhibition boxing match against Ali, in Mile High Stadium no less. .

Any other recommendations?

McNair, Marcus Allen, Flutie. There are a ton of them but I liked those ones a bunch.

Al Davis one was great, also Steve Sabol and Ed Sabol ones were really good

Is it not changed? I did it earlier today, on phone now so can't see.

Maybe it's on my end. It's in this post but your first post in this thread I don't see it

Checking out the McNair one now. Al Davis would be awesome I bet. Looking forward to when they air the T.O. one again.

Dexter Manley and Randall Cunningham were great. Saw part of the TO episode and it looked good as well, some of the stories about the tension with him and McNabb were actually pretty funny.

Probably because he was my favorite player ever but the Derrick Thomas one is really good.

I've liked all of them. NFL Films does it right.

The Belicheat one, of course... because of this...

The real great sports documentaries are the 30-for-30s. A Football Life is okay, but there are many gems in the 30-for-30 library. They don't only focus on football, either. For example, the Ali-Holmes episode was incredible.

The real great sports documentaries are the 30-for-30s. A Football Life is okay, but there are many gems in the 30-for-30 library. They don't only focus on football, either. For example, the Ali-Holmes episode was incredible.

I was off work for a week a couple months ago and i binge watched all the 30 for 30s on Netflix.

Reggie White and Jerome Brown.

Jerome was well on his way to being the GOAT interior DL. Him and Reggie together were unstoppable.

I'm gonna see if any of those 30 for 30s are on demand.

I was off work for a week a couple months ago and i binge watched all the 30 for 30s on Netflix.

I am not a fan of Netflix, but they offered me a free trial a couple of months ago and I watched a good chunk of the 30-for-30s. "Elway to Marino" was always my favorite, namely because I always felt they were far and away the two best QBs to ever play football, and what made it incredible was watching the story of their draft unfold through the never-before-seen diary of their agent, Marvin Demoff. But I was blown away at a lot of others, too.

"Muhammad and Larry", as I mentioned above. This one went into great detail in the training camps of both fighters. Ali looked cooked, and one guy involved that they were interviewing for the episode said that everyone involved in making that fight needed to be in prison.
"No Mas" was about the rivalry between Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran. The two finally meet with each other to discuss the events at the end of the episode. A little overly dramatized, but still great stuff.
"June 17th, 1994" was about what was going on in the sports world during the OJ Simpson shitstorm, "Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL" was a great look into the rise and fall of the USFL in the mid-80s.
"Broke" detailed why 60% of all professional athletes go broke within 3 years of retirement.
"I Hate Christian Laettner" focused on Laetnner's career in Duke and theorize that he is probably the sole reason that everyone started hating Duke and still do to this day.

"Catching Hell" was also great (the Steve Bartman one), but it isn't on Netflix. Not streaming, anyway. Just figured I'd throw in a little detail on some of the ones I've seen if anyone is interested in checking them out.

Back