A filmmaker's guide to doing everything wrong

A filmmaker's guide to doing everything wrong... with sequels.

Mortal-Kombat-Annihilation-movie-poster.jpg

jurassic_park_iii_poster.jpg

the-last-jedi-theatrical-blog.jpg

th

large_2XZFTGZIvvgzbk8dw9vMywb5LZr.jpg
worst-movie-sequels.jpg

terminator-genisys-poster.jpg

f0_37827_0_TheMatrixRevolutions.jpg

worst-movies-indiana-jones.jpg

Hah Mike's story about him watching Mortal Kombat anihilation still makes me laugh.

I like the part were you said some people just left the Cinema when the part where Liu Khang turned into a dragon came up!

@Mike

Battlefield Earth.
A vanity project, with beyond over the top scenery chewing by Travolta.
"Crap ceiling!"
The dialogue is ridiculous, the cinematography is sometimes bizarre, the story is incredibly stupid and has a glaring plot hole...

So bad it's a fun watch.

Travolta was giving a masterful performance in Battlefield Earth while you were still learning how to spell your name.

No I did, the new Star wars are complete and utter shit in every way. You couldn't make the last Jedi worse if you tried.
The cinematography is fine. Three acting is fine. The set pieces are fine. It's a decent film. You may not have enjoyed the story arc but that's not the same thing. Its hardly an incompetent film.

The cinematography is fine. Three acting is fine. The set pieces are fine. It's a decent film. You may not have enjoyed the story arc but that's not the same thing. Its hardly an incompetent film.

No it fucking sucks and I have to question the mental health of people that think The Last Jedi was a decent film.

The worst sincere, intended-to-be-great films. NOT decent films with the errors any film has.

Let's get the two most obvious out of the way, universally known:

Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space and Tommy Wiseau's The Room.
They represent many of the problems under discussion.
In general:
Story problems: the character motivations and responses are confusing. Events are confusing.
Traditional three act structure is out the window, creating a mess.

Bad acting. "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!" Um...

Bad dialogue. I hate sand.

Bad line reads. "Was that really the best take??"

Bad direction. Ghostbusters 2016, enough said.

Continuity, crew and editing errors: "Wasn't that eye-patch on the other side in the last shot?"
"Wait, is there a scene missing??"
"Oop, there's the boom mic..."

Pacing: " The action is boring me."

Go...

Here you go.

Entertaining though, check this love scene

The decade of the honestly bad movie.
No more so than the 80's... which was also the decade of the best movies ever. Just the action movies alone are fantastic.

There was a very distinct flavor of cheese particular to each decade.

I think Prometheus could be looked at for bad screenplay and editing.
The overarching story is amazing and full of depth and potential. The look, design, filming, and atmosphere are also excellent.

The way the scenes, characters and dialogue unfold to tell the story are so sloppy and incoherent, it sucks the life out of an otherwise phenomenal movie.

I'm still sad about it. Then covenant? Damn man, damn.

You know what.. Being that I'm actually a tv and movie exec, undercover here, I think I'm going to green light a Prometheus reboot in a couple years, and do it right.

Truth is in the middle. The actual workers in Hollywood, the people that make movies pretty, may have done their job.. But the "story arc" is so off it ruins performances.

Finn babbling to phasma; stuttering and fast talking.. No good. Asian girl kissing out of nowhere; looked bad.

Laura derns face when she is turning the ship around ends up looking stupid, when you realize how much that event botches the whole series and things that were done.

Back