A fighter you supported then had to drop because they went nuts

Yeah I think he's legitimately a bit slow but it's hard to say exactly why he chose to continue holding subs too long.

Cost him a fortune.
Something always felt off about him. You know that vibe you get when you're around a person that would murder you for looking at him too long.

Then do the throat slash motion after.

Last edited:
I used to be a fan of Jon Jones, before I ever heard him talk. Sometime before the Shogun fight I think it was. I started hating him with how arrogant he was, his fake Christianity, then of course all of his bad behavior and multiple failed tests.
I was the opposite. I hate Jones and as a Shogun fan thought it was absurd that he managed to take down an old ladies mugger hours before the fight. Like how are you supposed to fight against that kind of good Karma, lol.

I started gaining respect for him with the whole 151 situation when he refused to let the UFC bully him and throw him under the bus for making a card that they felt was so weak it was better to cancel the whole thing with one fight falling apart instead of biteing the bullet and just going ahead with it anyway.

Now I look at him as an MMA version of Mike Tyson. Perhaps the most gifted athelete the sport has ever seen but unfortunately lacking the disipline to avoid the pitfalls that comes along with that reputation and an inability to stop tripping over himself at every turn.

Mayhem Miller went nuts

War Machine went nuts

Palhares is nuts holding those leg locks

I was the opposite. I hate Jones and as a Shogun fan thought it was absurd that he managed to take down an old ladies mugger hours before the fight. Like how are you supposed to fight against that kind of good Karma, lol.

I started gaining respect for him with the whole 151 situation when he refused to let the UFC bully him and throw him under the bus for making a card that they felt was so weak it was better to cancel the whole thing with one fight falling apart instead of biteing the bullet and just going ahead with it anyway.

Now I look at him as an MMA version of Mike Tyson. Perhaps the most gifted athelete the sport has ever seen but unfortunately lacking the disipline to avoid the pitfalls that comes along with that reputation and an inability to stop tripping over himself at every turn.

Similar story... youngest champ... problems with cars... women... drugs and the law.

Ahhh the joys of youth.

Johnny Hendricks but not cause he went nuts cause he couldn't stay in shape and stopped taking being a champion seriously.

Similar story... youngest champ... problems with cars... women... drugs and the law.

Ahhh the joys of youth.
Haha.

Yeah exactly, and unpresidented success with little to know resistance or challenges in competition.

Tyson managed to keep it together while Cus was looking after him but once he passed and Don King took over leaving no one to reign him in the reputation, fame and constant temptation was too much for him to handle and of course the rest is history.

Unfortunately Jon is still with the people who brought him to the dance so he only has his self to blame for not being able to stay humble and not get caught up in all those temptations and distractions.

Haha.

Yeah exactly, and unpresidented success with little to know resistance or challenges in competition.

Tyson managed to keep it together while Cus was looking after him but once he passed and Don King took over leaving no one to reign him in the reputation, fame and constant temptation was too much for him to handle and of course the rest is history.

Unfortunately Jon is still with the people who brought him to the dance so he only has his self to blame for not being able to stay humble and not get caught up in all those temptations and distractions.

Rare talents should be separated from the general population.

Imagine the number one hit man or serial killer in a maximum security prison just eating oatmeal with the general population... there will be consequences.

Two accountants, two lawyers, two doctors, two drivers, one coach and trainer. This is how future sports billionaires need to be protected from themselves and we protected from them.

Hopefully Jon's young daughters will remind him what is most important and to quit dicking around.

Johnny Hendricks but not cause he went nuts cause he couldn't stay in shape and stopped taking being a champion seriously.

You're right though, it's kind of nuts to throw away such unique opportunities from the lack of self discipline.

Rare talents should be separated from the general population.

Imagine the number one hit man or serial killer in a maximum security prison just eating oatmeal with the general population... there will be consequences.

Two accountants, two lawyers, two doctors, two drivers, one coach and trainer. This is how future sports billionaires need to be protected from themselves and we protected from them.

Hopefully Jon's young daughters will remind him what is most important and to quit dicking around.

Haha. Yeah, if someone locked Mike and Jones in a gym and only let them out to fight who knows where they would be now.

Mikes speed, power, footwork and knowledge of the sport was like nothing I've ever seen before. I have little doubt if Cus had somehow managed to be immortal Mike would have gone down as the greatest HW of all time instead of only even being in the discussion for the top 10 based on the squandered potential everyone knows was there but was never fully realised.

Haha. Yeah, if someone locked Mike and Jones in a gym and only let them out to fight who knows where they would be now.

Mikes speed, power, footwork and knowledge of the sport was like nothing I've ever seen before. I have little doubt if Cus had somehow managed to be immortal Mike would have gone down as the greatest HW of all time instead of only even being in the discussion for the top 10 based on the squandered potential everyone knows was there but was never fully realised.

Squandering a billion dollars via mismanagement is a horrible waste of talent and the stable of fighters he could have produced just makes it even worse. Now Tyson supports himself and the IRS with his play and appearances. Could be worse but man, all of Tyson's special attributes you described were just double flushed by Don King and Robin Givens betraying him on live TV.

He was never quite the same.

In a parallel observation, Joe Louis ended up as an attendant in a men's washroom in a sports arena after being one of the greatest boxing talents of all time. Brutal way to count down your last days.

These Greek tragedies await great athletes with no so great people around them.

Squandering a billion dollars via mismanagement is a horrible waste of talent and the stable of fighters he could have produced just makes it even worse. Now Tyson supports himself and the IRS with his play and appearances. Could be worse but man, all of Tyson's special attributes you described were just double flushed by Don King and Robin Givens betraying him on live TV.

He was never quite the same.

In a parallel observation, Joe Louis ended up as an attendant in a men's washroom in a sports arena after being one of the greatest boxing talents of all time. Brutal way to count down your last days.

These Greek tragedies await great athletes with no so great people around them.

I like how Mike has managed to turn his life around and he generally seems happy now and even pokes fun at the man he used to be. You're right about King and Givens though but it all started with Washington. I have no doubt Mike was innocent in that case simply because of his comment to the female sentencing Judge when asked if he had anything to say for himself before the sentence is handed down.

No guilty man would have ever said what he said with so much rage at the most crucial time in his trial. Going to jail for a crime you know you didn't commit has to be the biggest mindfuck a person can ever go through in life.

Yeah man, Joe Louis is another tragic tale that should have never ended the way it did. His fights with Max and the whole USA vs Germany story line and coming out of it as the American hero should have ensured he was well taken care of and enjoyed living out his years outside the ring in peace and comfort. Sad really.

Penn. I still love him though. My first true love in MMA.

Tony. I want him to be himself instead of this Conor inspired knockoff that comes off cringe AF. imo it’s proven counter productive.

Ortega. Biggest hypocrite in recent memory. I WAS really high on this guy.

Aldo. Somewhere in between Mendes and Conor he lost himself and has never been the same.

Bunch of guys supported this guy (not me btw):

1070243.jpg

Back