A fighter that are panned for certain incident(s),that you like,and think they got a bad rap.

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Someone brought up Kaleb Starnes,and that got me thinking,that sometimes fighters do something everyone hates,and it becomes the story of their career.

We saw Starnes refuse to engage after suffering some sort of leg injury,and he quit a fight when he got cut above the eye,as well as against Kendall Grove he took a shot to the body and didnt want to continue,and Ken Shamrock said that he could have kept going on. Despite all this,I like Kaleb starnes,and he was able to have some good fights. He's really only being honest,haha.

I know most will disagree. Anyone else you think got a bad rap for one bad fight or more?

People hate Dillashaw for switching camps but I don't blame anyone who moves to better their own developement.

Michael Bisping. He has already talked shit about pretty much everyone in the UFC, thrown an illegal knee shot on Jorge Rivera, spat on the guy's corner, and I still can't help it. I just love him.

Rashad has gotten the worst hate and Tyron is next.

Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz.

Yes I am looking at you @The Natural Born Runner!!
ugh this one is hilarious

Carlos condit does exactly what it takes to beat nick diaz with little risk to himself,which i thought was very intelligent,and those expecting a bloodbath were so fucking pissed off ahahahahahah. Really blame nick for not being able to stop carlos from doing that.

Anthony Johnson. He's the most respectful person at 205. Hell, he put the belt on DC when he lost to him and it was his idea.

I think he's into bad women who lie to get what they want. All that domestic shit ruined him for a bit.

People hate Dillashaw for switching camps but I don't blame anyone who moves to better their own developement.
Yep. Maybe he could have gone about it more tactfully, but I don't fault him one bit for doing what he felt was best for his career. More fighters need to make decisions like that.

Fedor for never fighting in the UFC.

Babalu for holding the choke, the guy was talking shit before the fight and he held it a little longer than necessary. BJ Penn had been known to do the same thing and was beloved for it. Babalu got cut, and I thought that was an overreaction.

ugh this one is hilarious

Carlos condit does exactly what it takes to beat nick diaz with little risk to himself,which i thought was very intelligent,and those expecting a bloodbath were so fucking pissed off ahahahahahah. Really blame nick for not being able to stop carlos from doing that.

Exactly!

Then he got deemed as a boring fighter. Condit brings the motherfucking ruckus.

Rashad has gotten the worst hate and Tyron is next.

Rashad def got unfairly put into the heel role just for being opposite Jon Jones,same as DC.
Its even worse for DC because Jones was literally sabotaging his own career while trying to cheat to beat DC,and people still dont give DC his props.

aleksander-emelianenko-court.jpg

Babalu for holding the choke, the guy was talking shit before the fight and he held it a little longer than necessary. BJ Penn had been known to do the same thing and was beloved for it. Babalu got cut, and I thought that was an overreaction.

Babalu's problem was his complete lack of remorse on tv afterward. It forced the UFC to take action.

I think Dillasnake will be OK. Alls he has to do is keep fighting like he has been,and the hate will fade imo. Even those that hate him secretly like him imo.

I think Dillasnake will be OK. Alls he has to do is keep fighting like he has been,and the hate will fade imo. Even those that hate him secretly like him imo.

Also look at how Team Alpha Male is doing right now. PVZ got brutalized, Mendes got folded by Edgar & popped, Fili just got Hwoarang'd, Faber just lost his 30th title fight and only Garbrandt is the only successful rising star who is winning.

It is looking like Dillashaw made a wise decision.

Last edited:
I like Paul Daley, and I don't know what Kos whispered in his ear when holding position in a must-win fight, but I do think it mattered since Daley isn't known for that. It's not a real excuse for a cheap shot, but I don't think it's as big of a deal it was made out to be back then. A fine and a suspension would've been fine. He is exciting, was a shame. No UFC for him since.

Someone mentioned Condit because of the Diaz fight. That's such a good example. CC has 30+ fights and close to a 90% finish rate. It was only one fight. I'm a Diaz fan btw (to avoid "that's Diaz fans for ya").

Back