A fight that shed a little light on Golovkin

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by parrythehate, Feb 19, 2016.

1. parrythehate

parrythehate your mother is so ugly, it effects her self esteem

This fight was against a taller fighter, so if you're short or you fight in a weight were tall people are common, you must learn from this fight. Golovkin had a tough fight from the start, Nilson had a longer reach, Nilson had good strength fighting from a distance not in a sense as an evasive fighter but a bit more pro active in the punching department. What I noticed about golovkin is that he fights at a middle distance, not to far and definitely not too close, but he was at a disadvantage. as wilson kayden observed in a fight breakdown, that golovkin jabs and protects himself at the same time, he was still getting beaten to the punch. The Kazakh fight channel was only showing highlights of Golovkin landing shots during replays between rounds, I am not surprised since golovkin is from Kazakhstan, but Nilson had the edge and they didnt show that. Even with the upper hand that Nilson had, if the fight went the distance in Nislon favor, I think Golovkin would of been given the win anyway. But it didnt go that way, Golovkin tried to adapt, as Nilson would bring his hands back to the defensive position Golovkin would attack, eventually Golovkin had to force his way into the inside and take away all space and comfort from Nilson, landing a nice body blow. The key was, "MAIDANA TACTICS" but a bit cleaner.
    "boxing" fans complain about him fighting bums, but thats not the case, this fight could of went south if he didnt adapt, used his intelligence, or had the will to win. He was truly fighting like he wasnt fighting a bum. This goes for all fighters that are described as "fighters fighting bums", just relax and observe the strategies. Thats what i got from this fight, if you're shorter force yourself inside and stay inside, chances are more likely that you'll get a ko.

2. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I thought he had a tougher time with Ouma.

parrythehate likes this.
  3. parrythehate

parrythehate your mother is so ugly, it effects her self esteem

Hell yeah he did, I just watched the whole fight.