A few years ago someone did a poll of....

So who's the oldest regular here?

I'm 34...so I think I'm the grandpa of the forum. Been following boxing since I was 8 years old.

I use to read all my uncles and brothers Ring, Boxing Illustrated and KO boxing magazines from cover to cover.

I had some of the old school fights on Betamax...even one of George Foreman's comeback fights against Gerry ****ey.
Bet its seana or moz

No homo but I also like to think Old Cat is one of that real heads that used to hang outside on the block and drop knowledge about boxing between blunt and 40 hits. As we're from about the same neighborhood

So who's the oldest regular here?

I'm 34...so I think I'm the grandpa of the forum. Been following boxing since I was 8 years old.

I use to read all my uncles and brothers Ring, Boxing Illustrated and KO boxing magazines from cover to cover.

I had some of the old school fights on Betamax...even one of George Foreman's comeback fights against Gerry ****ey.

The way you play the race card, I would've guessed late teens.

I don't know but we have a healthy younger demo in the boxing forums, I can usually tell by how they write. Also, it's still odd how people think of the 80's as the old days, it doesn't even seem that long ago, for me it's not romanticizing anything, it's just the guys I always watched growing up and some of them happened to be pretty good.

I don't know but we have a healthy younger demo in the boxing forums, I can usually tell by how they write. Also, it's still odd how people think of the 80's as the old days, it doesn't even seem that long ago, for me it's not romanticizing anything, it's just the guys I always watched growing up and some of them happened to be pretty good.

You think everyone is younger and less informed than you are. :wink:

The 80's are the good ol' days to me because thats when I grew up watching boxing.

I don't want to say my age b/c I'm afraid you old guys might judge me b/c I never watched Tyson fight when he was good.

When i was a kid, I thought eddie murphy the greatest comic to ever live and didn't think near as high of richard pryor, then when I got old enough to understand all the subtleties and profound truths of richard, i realized he was shakespeare and no one else came close. That's the only problem I have with that young attitude, the know it all shit which I had at one time. We all go through it though. And as far as the older posters, like kid, tam, if they hadn't all gotten themselves banned we'd have an older average. Personally, i rarely get worked up even though some of these kids can be dumbasses, and when i do it's just usually me being cranky and not being able to put up with em.

The 80's are the good ol' days to me because thats when I grew up watching boxing.

well, no, when they refer to 'old" boxers and name Pryor or someone, I guess to them it would be like me referring to 50's boxers so, all things being relative, to them that is old but to me, the memories are fresh in my mind, i can see and recall all the big fights and their happenings so it's not "old".

yup...same here...some of my fondest boxing memories was seeing Mike Tyson destroy the hell out of all of his opponents...and it was amazing how popular he was in Japan and South Korea...

and one of my saddest boxing memories was seein JCC sr finally lose to Frankie Randall. (although I thought Sweet Pea defeated him)

I believe 4,000,000 is the answer OP is looking for.

Back