a few things i think about ufc

MisdemeanorMMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Been following the sport for over 6 years now, and I love it but hate the uniforms. I think they should at least customize everybody shorts, instead I think its kinda lazy of reebok and have everybody dress the same.

I won tickets to ufc 192 off the radio station 93.7 the beat, a radio station in Houston, where I live. It will be my second live show, my first being ufc 136, I am pumped I pick my tickets up sept 1.

A lot of ppl talking about abcd level athletes imo I think ufc has had A level athletes because of the Olympians. They all do fairly well I feel because their athletic but just cuz they're athletic don't mean they all got that killer instinct. Imagine JJ watt training mma since 5,with his work ethic I feel he would be a monster, but their are a lot of variables like chin and ability to go for a kill so who knows. Also dude has a monster contract so that's what big guys look at when picking a sport. Last if u think those big fat lineman aren't athletic, challenge one to a race or obstacle course they will smoke 99% of people posting here and 100% of people who think they can beat them. You would underestimate big country to if he was just walking around and didn't know who he was. War isn't for everyone but you don't ever know whos about that life

Rhonda vs Floyd is one of the dumbest augments ever it would never happened. But imo Floyd kills her just because of hand and foot speed. RR doesn't have the head movement and she eats a lot of shots coming in to grab her opponents. but yes if somehow Floyd over committed on jab and with perfect timing from rr she could get it down and finish quickly. Both are Olympians so I feel both are a level

I cant wait for the return of fedor i don't think he needs to come back but if he wants to IL be watching. I feel like he is the greatest. I remember like 3 yrs ago getting into a argument with some guy over who the goat was. He said Silva, but I argued his best wins were hendo and franklin and had holes in his wrestling the guy said "the goat don't have to have good wrestling if his striking his goat and his tdd is great, he's the greatest with his bjj and striking". Do yall think that is possible the goat not being completely well rounded but great enough in a couple areas to be dominant. The guy had me thinking

I got Aldo over McGregor via leg kick tko
I miss jon jones and gsp to
jon jones smashes chris

I don't post much but I like to read yall opinions and thank you for reading a few of mine

and that should cover 90% of topics for today

agree about uniforms. Hopefully we see them evolve. And i seriously doubt nfl linemen could win races vs 99% of sherdoggers. I mean surely there are some skinny people on sherdog.

The thing about the alphabetised athlete gradings, is that you can be an "A-level athlete"; You can run as fast as you want, you can jump as high as you want, and you can move like the wind. None of that matters, if you can't take a punch.

agree about uniforms. Hopefully we see them evolve. And i seriously doubt nfl linemen could win races vs 99% of sherdoggers. I mean surely there are some skinny people on sherdog.

No doubt that's why I said 99 % there's in shape guys that post here that were track athletes or just really really fast but I guarantee they aren't much faster then a lineman these guys are the best of the best collage football players in the country go to a nfl practice or try to race a lineman still in a big collage like Texas or Texas a&m I think I will surprise u how quick the 300+ lb man can move

I bet ppl freaked out when this fat little Russian ruled mma

I still don't get this A level athlete stuff...

Most of the guys in the UFC train 24/7. How are they not A level athletes?

Don't give a shit about "A-level" athletes.

I care about if a fighter is a good fighter or not.

great athlete =/= great fighter

In terms of viewing experience, I could care less whether or not they are wearing uniforms. Colorful shorts never improved my viewing experience. I don't like the uniforms I guess because of what they represent (less sponsorship opportunities for the fighters), but they take nothing away from the main reason I watch...the fights.

Supposed "A-Level Athletes" training MMA in the off season . . .

Jared Allen, a defensive end with the Kansas City Chiefs, trained at Arizona Combat Sports in the offseason. "The cardio that fighters go through is just intense," Allen said. "This offseason I didn't do any running. I did all my intense cardio at Arizona Combat Sports. When I went off to minicamp in the spring, we were running wind sprints one day and I had more gas than I knew what to do with. The cardio level of these fighters is so intense because their life depends on them not being tired." Allen says he lost 25 pounds training MMA this summer and has toned up in the process.

Athleticism has nothing to do with work ethics. It's genetics, something you're born with. Asian sprinters train 24/7, doesn't mean they aren't D-level sprinters.

A-level athlete shit is usually promoted by people who don't have a clue about athletics.

First of all, fighting is as much of a sport of intelligence as it is of athletics.

Secondly, the NFL is a sport where people with the most explosive athletic abiliy thrive, as it is a sport designed around quick bursts of energy. Sure, NFL athletes are explosive as balls. But people who believe that's the end-all be-all of athleticism are narrow minded.

Because running after the ball and jumping is what makes someone an A level athlete.

Having enough time to get shredded also helps.

A-level athlete shit is usually promoted by people who don't have a clue about athletics.

First of all, fighting is as much of a sport of intelligence as it is of athletics.

Secondly, the NFL is a sport where people with the most explosive athletic abiliy thrive, as it is a sport designed around quick bursts of energy. Sure, NFL athletes are explosive as balls. But people who believe that's the end-all be-all of athleticism are narrow minded.

You're the one who has no clue about athletics. The argument couldn't be simpler. A sport like MMA has access to a tiny fraction of the talent pool compared to a major sport like soccer. If sport A has a talent pool of a million and sport B has a talent pool of 100 million, then the top guys in sport B would be far superior athletes compared to the top guys in sport A. It's got nothing to do with the nature of the athletic abilities involved in any particular sport, it's basic statistics.

Because running after the ball and jumping is what makes someone an A level athlete.

Having enough time to get shredded also helps.

Exactly. It's like people think the you can get a top soccer guy and say "go fight for 25 minutes" and he'll do it easily.

You're the one who has no clue about athletics. The argument couldn't be simpler. A sport like MMA has access to a tiny fraction of the talent pool compared to a major sport like soccer. If sport A has a talent pool of a million and sport B has a talent pool of 100 million, then the top guys in sport B would be far superior athletes compared to the top guys in sport A. It's got nothing to do with the nature of the athletic abilities involved in any particular sport, it's basic statistics.

Not really, it would just mean the sport B has more A level athletes than sport A.
Wouldn't make them better, just would have more of them.

Sport A: million guys, 1% A level = 10k A level guys
Sport B: 100 million guys, 1% A level = 1 million A level guys.

Back