A diehard fan running on fumes

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel this way?

There is no doubt I still look up info daily and get pumped for a huge fight but overall, something is missing. (No, it isn’t an Irish Tweeter)

UFC 239 got the juices flowing and was worth the PPV buy but, so many cards seem to have 1 huge fight, watered down with up and comers AND, you have to be a detective to know where the heck it is being shown....Fight Pass, Fox, FS1, ESPN, ESPN +, PPV, Univision? Crazy!

UFC 240 is not even close to the quality card of 239 and yet there is no price drop.

I am just venting and maybe alone on this but I can’t lie to myself.
Anyone else agree?

Also, this has nothing to do with the pool of talent out there because I know that in 2019, the talent is at its peak.

Does anyone else feel this way?

There is no doubt I still look up info daily and get pumped for a huge fight but overall, something is missing. (No, it isn’t an Irish Tweeter)

UFC 239 got the juices flowing and was worth the PPV buy but, so many cards seem to have 1 huge fight, watered down with up and comers AND, you have to be a detective to know where the heck it is being shown....Fight Pass, Fox, FS1, ESPN, ESPN +, PPV, Univision? Crazy!

UFC 240 is not even close to the quality card of 239 and yet there is no price drop.

I am just venting and maybe alone on this but I can’t lie to myself.
Anyone else agree?

Also, this has nothing to do with the pool of talent out there because I know that in 2019, the talent is at its peak.

You're not alone man. These cards used to be exciting back in the day...beers, buddies and packed bars. Now they're mostly garbage that I can't even find a good reason to stream for free anymore. I'll catch the 1 - 2 fights I care about the day after usually.

Last edited:
Cards in Canada that arent in Toronto or Montreal are absolute horse shit.

Im sure i could drive to Edmonton the day of the event and easily get a ticket....but why ?
Garbage ppv.

3 sales at $25 is more than 1 at $60 (or $65?) . Greed is costing them easy money.

Is every baseball game exciting? Every football game? And we're talking games here, full length games. Every basketball game? You dont like it? Dont watch it. And fuck yourself.

- UFC PR Team

Its going to turn into boxing

They don't cater to us anymore. It's all for the casuals.

This is MMA now. It's a bunch of social media thots. Yes, the guys too.

That's why we must appreciate guys like Ferguson, Gaethje, Cowboy, Korean Zombie, and a few others. Those type of fighters still exist.

You are not alone TS. UFC and ESPN can only keep this charade up for so long until we start seeing ppv's back on cable tv.

How is this for the casuals? If even the hardcore fans have trouble bouncing around trying to watch events, why would you assume its any easier for casuals?

How is this for the casuals? If even the hardcore fans have trouble bouncing around trying to watch events, why would you assume its any easier for casuals?

That's not the part I'm talking about.

yeah i dont even watch every fight live anymore. just the ones i want to watch then watch the rest via replay. I turned on most ppv's a few fights in

This is MMA now. It's a bunch of social media thots. Yes, the guys too.

That's why we must appreciate guys like Ferguson, Gaethje, Cowboy, Korean Zombie, and a few others. Those type of fighters still exist.

This man nailed it. It's clear as day that the UFC gives f*ckall about the invested fans. All they care about is scoring PC points with wmma.

So if they dont care about me, I won't care about them either by literally not spending a penny on their product.

ditto. i will be 50 in a few months, and i'm wondering if it's because i'm getting older, if ive seen so much mma that it all looks the same, or if the product is weaker.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about
I love having a card almost every weekend
{<shrug}

You dont like it? Dont watch it. And fuck yourself.

- UFC PR Team

To be honest that is part of it also. Can you imagine Dana telling you those exact words on social media after you have spent a sizeable chunk on UFC over a decade or more?

The rankings being inflated by the UFC to sell ppv's. The relative inactivity of fighters after they win the belt. The interim titles. The win streaks that seemingly lead to nowhere.

On fumes here also TS. Find myself looking forward to PFL events almost as much as UFC these days.

UFC 241 is coming up in less than a month.

Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Comier II (best fight of the summer)

Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis (return of Diaz & continuation of 170 Pettis)

Costa vs Romero (two juice free monsters going to war)

That's the best card of the summer and it's just around the corner. These cards aren't as stacked as UFC 217 but they aren't horrible on paper. It's just the fights themselves that have been lacking.

Some of the lesser known fighters early on in the card can be great fights Sometimes

There are too many events to stack every card. This is the future. Unless the ratings start drastically decreasing, which would force the UFC to rethink their current strategy.

Back