Opinion A democrat equivalent to Trump?

In looking at Twitter for guidance I see:

- Obama has the most followers. But, he has no more terms.

- Justin bieber. But, he is Canadian and too young to run

- Katy perry is number three on the list. She is also 36.

Ladies and gentlemen, all hail future POTUS, Katy Perry.

It's hard for anyone to match the incompetency of Trump, no matter their political spectrum. He's truly unmatched in the ability to fail at things.

Like what ? starting bs wars that cost trillions.... The greatest fuck up a president has power to do he somehow managed NOT to do.
You must have meant the pre china virus lowest unemployment in 50 years and booming stock market ?
Maybe you mean the energy independence Murica hit under Trump ? becoming one of the top 3 oil producers in the world ?

Maybe it him deporting less poor brown immigrants then Obama, well he did fail there.

Stormy Daniels lawyer is probably the closest

There’s a long list of b level actors and comedians

I think Keith Olbermann could probably pull of being a left wing Trump but I think him actually getting elected doesn't seem possible.

Big mouthed blowhard is more of a right wing stereotype for a reason. Liberals prefer condescending and smug

All democrats use science and none of them are pussy enough to hide in a bunker

so there is no democrat equivalent of Bunker Boy

Some mix of Bill Maher, Mark Cuban, and Keith Olbermann.

No chance they get more than 5% in a primary though. The left isn't irresponsibly stupid the way the right is.

Lol at "He's not a politician and he says what's on his mind." That one will haunt these morans forever.

There isnt an equivalent because what makes Trump Trump is not him being a tv show host. It is him being a power hungry narcissistic psychopath.

This is something I've been thinking a lot about during Trump's presidency, and especially during these past few election days. Is there a democrat/left leaning version of Trump?

Trump just seems like a such an outlier, being a celebrity who had no true prior political experience winning the primary, and having such a divisive cult of personality.

A part of me thinks Oprah could be the left version of Trump, but I don't think she would be as brash and divisive. I don't think AOC is as brash, but could be seen as divisive with her political leanings. Also, she has her roots in politics and not really a celebrity. Russell Brand is someone that I could being both, especially with his conspiracy theories, but he's not American.

Anyone I could be missing? And would you decide to vote for a different party, or not vote at all, as a result?

Uhhh...Barack Obama? This has been noticed and put forth by quite a few public figures but seems lost on much of the general public for some reason.

The last 4 years is what an Obama-style Presidency looks like on the Republican side and without a fawning media to cover for all missteps along the way. As such, it's quite interesting just how triggered the left was the entire time. It's one of those, "Can dish it out, but can't take it" situations, imo.

Trump Is Obama Squared
Two epic narcissists who see themselves as singularly suited to redeem America.

Donald Trump is Barack Obama squared. Not as a matter of rhetorical style, where the president is glib and grammatical, while the developer is rambling and coarse. Not as a matter of economic instincts, where Mr. Obama is a social democrat while Mr. Trump is a mercantilist.

And not as a matter of temperament. Mr. Obama is aloof and calculated. Mr. Trump loves to get in your face.

But...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-is-obama-squared-1459207095

Last edited:
Some of these comparisons don’t work.

AOC is a young politician who worked for everything she has, she has nothing in common with Trump at all. The Rock or some other celebrity don’t share Trump’s business background.

Mark Cuban is closest, but he’s a self made billionaire, which really separates him from an inheritance billionaire like Trump. He’s also a far more successful businessman than Trump.

Back