Opinion A democrat equivalent to Trump?

Prologue

KB skills, BJJ skills, TKD skills...
@red
Reaction score
This is something I've been thinking a lot about during Trump's presidency, and especially during these past few election days. Is there a democrat/left leaning version of Trump?

Trump just seems like a such an outlier, being a celebrity who had no true prior political experience winning the primary, and having such a divisive cult of personality.

A part of me thinks Oprah could be the left version of Trump, but I don't think she would be as brash and divisive. I don't think AOC is as brash, but could be seen as divisive with her political leanings. Also, she has her roots in politics and not really a celebrity. Russell Brand is someone that I could being both, especially with his conspiracy theories, but he's not American.

Anyone I could be missing? And would you decide to vote for a different party, or not vote at all, as a result?

oh that's easy

pretty much all hollywood celebs.

For the record, are we talking with or without age related cognitive decline?

This guy, who is in jail for fraud. Him and Trump can be future cell mates.

_110912658_mediaitem110912657.jpg

His name is Bernie Sanders. He’s a lifelong politician but he’s so bad he’s an outsider and hes a populist that has plenty of stupid ideas about how the world works

There is no one as brash and bombastic as Trump on the left.
Now if your metric was just being an outsdier, I would say Tulsi Gabbard comes closet.

You're doing it wrong, repubs like to shit on the chessboard and hate on everything, dems like to feel self righteous and stroke their ego.
A dem equivalent to Trump (= appealing to the worst people in the base and never making an actual argument but solely appeal to emotions and fight or flight mode) would be someone from a minority but only half - like Obama or Harris - who had some nerdy TV series role.

Kamala Harris is actually pretty close. Incompetent and just calls everyone racist who disagrees with her.

AOC:

-Large Social Media presence
-Unprofessional
-Outrageous
-LAcking in political experience

I feel like Democrats do this

It's because of projection by politicians. Republican party does it A LOT.
Truth is you work in different ways.

Main fuel for repubs (currently at least) is hate and contempt for a part of society.
Main fuel for dems is having a symbolic reassurance they are cool and smart and good and mommy loves them.

It’s what I want if I’m being honest with myself. Not a grifting racist dipshit, but somebody who will tell Republicans to eat shit 24/7. Biden is wholly unsuitable for that task,

Back