Barbell Complex:
Deadlift X6
Romanian DL X6
Bent row X6
Power clean X6
Front squat X6
Back squat X6
Good morning X6

All of the above reps done one exercise after the other without rest; 4 circuits, 90 seconds rest between circuits

Friday
Rear delt flyes: 5X5
Grip work: 2 exercises
Neck work: Bridges and 4 way stretch
Hanging leg raises: 4x6

Saturday: DE Squat and Bench
Box squat: 10X2
Floor press: 9X3 (3 diff grips inside rings)
Bent row or lat pulldown: 5X5
JM presses: 5X5
Barbell Complex:
Snatch Grip Deadlift
Snatch Pull
Upright Row
Power Snatch
Reverse Lunge
Push Jerk
Jump Squat

All the above complex exercises done in the same manner as Thursday. This program will be modified as needed for recovery, etc. Sparring will be done 2-3 evenings.

graedy said:
Btw.: the increased musclemass will up the amount of calories your body burns while doing nothing. This effect can have a big impact.

This a myth - each pound of muscle you gain only burns about 10-15 calories a day. Decreasing your caloric intake is exponentially more important.

More like 35 to 50 Calories. This can have a big impact on lifters, especially beginners who can put on a significant amount of muscle in a short period of time. 10 pounds of muscle means 350 to 500 more Calories burned per day. Considering that an average intake is 2000 Calories, that new muscle mass alone can result in the utilization of up to 25% of ones total caloric intake. Hardly insignificant.

Your right that 10 pounds of muscle isn't insignificant, but it would take the average lifter a year or two of lifting and eating right to put on 10 pounds of pure muscle.

Ronnie Coleman probably does burn about 1000 or so more calories a day than your average person, but for everyone else it is foolish to believe that a few added lbs of muscle will have any significant impact on your daily calories burned.

Here is one cite that each pound of muscle burns closer to 10 calories than the 50 you mentioned, I'll try and find a few more cites later....

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/cals.htm

hey guys i've always been wondering, if i dropped my calory intake, i'll be losing weight, but will that lost weight be deteriorating muscle tissue or fat?

Both. If done wrong, more muscle than fat will be lost so you must be careful and not cut too much too fast.

I'm gonna use the above routine in combination with a lower calorie diet and see what happens. I will probably drop the complexes once I reach my desired weight and focus more and strength and power. The complexes may still be used on occasion for shock and to relieve boredom.

Back