Economy A conservative solution to climate change - part 2

deviake

Otsego Amigo
@Silver
Reaction score
A link to part 1 for those who missed it:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...servative-solution-to-global-warming.3853665/

For those not familiar, this video was made by Peter Hadfield, a science journalist.

In this video he:

-Casually bodies Jordan Peterson as he did Stefan Crowder

-Demonstrates how carbon taxing helps economies, noting the Australian economy in particular. Australian business people actually asked for the tax to be reinstated after it was killed in 2012

-Shows how and why renewable energy is overall cheaper, better for the environment, and stimulates the economy

-Shows how the Kyoto Protocol helped drop emissions in the US even though we never signed on

-Shows that renewable energy can be inexpensive to poor people as well, citing examples of solar panels on huts saving a village the laborious and expensive task of getting batteries recharged. Also shows a new vacuum hose technology (something like that, and no, not a house cleaning vac) saves costs, labor, and helps the environment in a low income area (I forget where)

-Shows that conservatism by definition is in line renewable energy and with doing something about climate change, and yes, that includes American conservatism

-Bemoans leftists saying nothing can be done about climate change without the dismantling of capitalism, demonstrates how this is wrong and why it's a masochistic approach that won't convince anyone and is actually damaging efforts to do something about it

-Etc

He made this video specifically for skeptics and he makes some of the most well reasoned arguments you will ever see. Check the description in the video for sources. He time stamps every part in the video that has a source.

Learn you some things

Did he argue against the actual conservative leaders positions?

Climate change is a Chinese hoax.

Tackling climate change might be compatible with an idealized version of American conservatism but it isn’t compatible with modern American conservatism as practiced by the Republican Party. They don’t think it’s an actual problem in the first place.

I like what the this guy is trying to do but it’s a lost cause.

Potholer is a legit beast. He destroys these fools with style and grace.

Two thumbs up for posting this thread.

crowder run away from a debate with him, I laughed...

crowder run away from a debate with him, I laughed...

That was so sad. After posturing and talking so much ish, dude no-shows.
I wonder if his realization that he was going to be made to look a fool had anything to do with him dick tucking.

How big of a step backwards are we taking with this administrations lack of attention to the EPA?

Self interest matters. The short sighted variety. What will work and what will actually happen are two vastly different things. Adapting to the change occurring is where the concentration should shift. Also, we underestimate the planet's ability to adapt to catastrophe (this is relatively mild change and much preferable to a cooling event) and typically, overemphasize our importance.

All that tempered thought aside, pollution is never acceptable and the particulate matter (trash basically) variety may end up being a much more problematic long term issue vs the carbon emission problem.

I would pay a 1000$ to watch this guy debate James Corbett.

I think climate change is more than likely in large part being driven by man made action, due in large part to the berkeley earth surface temperature study, but James Corbett makes some compelling arguments.

A video for those interested in climate skeptics that operate at a higher level than the Chinese are behind climate change.

I would pay a 1000$ to watch this guy debate James Corbett.

I think climate change is more than likely in large part being driven by man made action, due in large part to the berkeley earth surface temperature study, but James Corbett makes some compelling arguments.

A video for those interested in climate skeptics that operate at a higher level than the Chinese are behind climate change.

Compare notes.

Tackling climate change might be compatible with an idealized version of American conservatism but it isn’t compatible with modern American conservatism as practiced by the Republican Party. They don’t think it’s an actual problem in the first place.

I like what the this guy is trying to do but it’s a lost cause.

And yet it was a Conservative president, Bush, that started the initiatives to lower our output and Trump is continuing them...America has been lowering their outputs since 2004, every year.

The worst thing to happen to the Climate Change topic is that it was politicized and now both sides are tossing around their dogmatic bullshit to to put on an appearance of being against the other side.

I don't believe that man changes climates. Climates changed drastically throughout history when man's population was low. We had much warmer climates during the Roman Empire, and there weren't a lot of pickup trucks on the road at the time.

I don't believe that man changes climates. Climates changed drastically throughout history when man's population was low.

Do you know what the #1 cause of climate change is?

Back