A Closer Look At Sage Northcutt After UFC on Fox 22

Decent article
The point is he is still a decent enough prospect and needs to find a good camp to develop him yeah?

I think most people can agree on that

I was hoping for a close-up of his abs.

He should give up on MMA, finish his Engineering degree and get an MBA

cliffs: Sage is having to deal with fighting at a young age and being relatively inexperienced for a UFC calibre fighter. Also touches on Sage's poor submission game and defensive choices when under threat.

Decent article
The point is he is still a decent enough prospect and needs to find a good camp to develop him yeah?

I agree. If the kid could get to a major camp , ATT / AKA / jacksons, whatever , give himself a solid 6 months or so there and come back in the summer , i feel like he would do great imo

Just put him on the prelims and let him develop, like every young fighter they bring in, same with Page

He should get into christian ministry or fitness model something don't involve getting into a cage professionally. I think he's a great guy but he don't have that "thing" real pro fighters have man/woman I just don't see it.

He should give up on MMA, finish his Engineering degree and get an MBA
I agree, education will last a lifetime, but heading to Hollywood to be a trainer to the stars with an endless supply of young starlets, has to sound like a good idea to guy his age.

sage is having the same problem paige is. they are fighting better fighters. only in paiges case she is being rushed way to fast

i dont know who in the fuck thought it was a good idea for her to fight waterson. that was as clear of a mismatch as any. I know the division is shallow but paige should not be fighting woman the caliber of michelle. its poor handling by her manager and camp this far into her fight career. im not sayin only set her up for wins but anyone who didnt see that coming is delusional or dosnt follow enough mma. just because paige is popular dosnt mean she is top 10 or top 5

as for sage, i only seen mickey beat up on cm punk and that jackson dude, and i knew he was gonna beat sage. wasnt hard to see coming at all. sage didnt lose because he is being rushed though. he lost because.....well he just lost

Pretty much what we all knew. The guy is 20 years old, what he really needs is a good camp and lots of time to learn.

Guys like him are a strong argument that the UFC could use a feeder/minor league. Give guys experience at their own level, sign the prospects but don't rush them to the big leagues.

Decent article

He was already at a good gym until his dad decided the training was too tough. I wish he would have took Cerrone up on his offer.

Just put him on the prelims and let him develop, like every young fighter they bring in, same with Page
The UFC has kind of put themselves at a disadvantage in that aspect by #1 over-paying him and #2 over-hyping him. They are almost forced to put him in front a wider main card audience due to these factors. Just a thought

The article says that Sage is hit too easily, but calls him a decorated Karate fighter. A strange combination, no?
Your right. Its very odd. His striking is suppose to be his strength with his karate background. But it was him getting dropped that led to the RNC. Its mind boggling

Back