A Closer Inspection of Joanna Champion's Striking.

Better technique than Holm.

more killer instinct and aggression...thats for sure. Joanna J is out there trying to finish the women in front of her while Holm is shadowboxing in front of her opponents and kicking them here and there.

from the few fights ive seen of JJ, her elbows (among other things) are nasty. she made Carla E pay on almost every failed TD...not to mention what she did to her standing.

I'd have to somewhat agree with the OP. Most of her hype is coming off beating two women who have little to no skill in striking. I'd like to see her at least beat even some mid-tier women with striking backgrounds, like Angela Hill, Tecia Torres before proclaiming not as a world class striker, but just the best striker in the division.

Yes. Exactly. He gets it.

Joanna hasn't beaten a SINGLE decent striker yet -- but everybody's saying she's the greatest striker since sliced bread was invented.

I say SLOW DOWN with that shit.

She's basically been fed a steady diet of non-stop grapplers, many of them mid level grapplers with no striking defense (most of them were tailor made for Joanna to smash).

Did you see her against Rosi Sexton? LOL.

Sexton doesn't just have bad striking, she has ZERO striking defense other than eating punches for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The only DECENT muay thai fighters she's fought are Gadelha and Lima (who competed well with her on the feet). ...And these 2 gals aren't even close to K-1 level opponents, yet they still competed with Joanna on the feet.

If Gadelha can compete with her on the feet then how can you K-1 fanboys say she's equal to Hoost or Hari?

Tell me that?

Justine Kish is the best muay thai striker in that division. Tecia and Hill would prolly be even with Joanna. Maryna Moroz and even JoJo might do okay against Joanna.

We just don't know yet -- cuz Joanna's being fed every NON-striker that WMMA has to offer.

Gadelha will win the rematch. What will you fanboys say to me after that? You'll all crawl back under that rock you came from and pretend like you were never JJ fanboys. But I'll be here to call you bitches out. :D

Why did you skip over JJ's KO punch t a TUF
tumblr_n9ajtoTGs21r4c1k8o1_400.gif

obvious.

it didnt help his biased argument.

Joanna is a gal, and WMMA is largely a weak endeavor, but she is highly skilkled and improving all of the time.

i 1st found her at a TUF staredown, and im as big of a WMMA hater as there is, but this gal is a shining diamnd in the rough.

those complaining need to find somoene else to whine about, as she is the real deal.

We just don't know yet.

Ummm if so, why are you so sure about her performance against so called better striker in the division?

Yes. Exactly. He gets it.

Joanna hasn't beaten a SINGLE decent striker yet -- but everybody's saying she's the greatest striker since sliced bread was invented.

I say SLOW DOWN with that shit.

She's basically been fed a steady diet of non-stop grapplers, many of them mid level grapplers with no striking defense (most of them were tailor made for Joanna to smash).

Did you see her against Rosi Sexton? LOL.

Sexton doesn't just have bad striking, she has ZERO striking defense other than eating punches for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The only DECENT muay thai fighters she's fought are Gadelha and Lima (who competed well with her on the feet). ...And these 2 gals aren't even close to K-1 level opponents, yet they still competed with Joanna on the feet.

If Gadelha can compete with her on the feet then how can you K-1 fanboys say she's equal to Hoost or Hari?

Tell me that?

Justine Kish is the best muay thai striker in that division. Tecia and Hill would prolly be even with Joanna. Maryna Moroz and even JoJo might do okay against Joanna.

We just don't know yet -- cuz Joanna's being fed every NON-striker that WMMA has to offer.

Gadelha will win the rematch. What will you fanboys say to me after that? You'll all crawl back under that rock you came from and pretend like you were never JJ fanboys. But I'll be here to call you bitches out. :D

I bet she beat some good strikers in her 64-5 Muay Thai career.

Good on you finding the one reply agreeing. It was really becoming a shitstorm, Georgie.

Back