News A Chechen MMA promoter: “I don’t like how Chimaev acts”

khabib uses religion like a rule book. khamzat uses religion as a guide and seems pretty care free, doesn't have to say alhamdullilah every 5 minutes post fight.

it will help make him more well liked by American audiences. and at the same time because his name is humza every muslim person is automatically rooting for him.
i doubt he'll get as big as khabib

During a press conference before ACA 111 event (a Russian MMA promotion) the president of the organization Mairbek Khasiev, a Chechen, was asked what he thought of Chimaev and him calling out practically everyone in MMA world.

“I do not like it. He’s good as a fighter, I saw his two fights, they were good, but I do not like the way he acts, he should be more modest and quiet outside of the cage, but he’s his own man, it’s up to him to build his foundation, his legacy after the career is over.”

Starts at 31 minute

I don't like promoters changing the results of fights to try and stop the guy leaving the promotion leaving on a win, but it is what it is.

Nobody likes anything other people do these days. EES normal.

A person that can beat the shit out of 99.9% of the human population has no obligation to be modest or humble

War Chimeav

I don't like promoters changing the results of fights to try and stop the guy leaving the promotion leaving on a win, but it is what it is.
I didn't watch the video. Who changed the result of a fight?

I didn't watch the video. Who changed the result of a fight?

The promoter.

A fighter called Eduard Vartanyan (who I'm a big fan of, but I'd think this was BS even if I wasn't) had the last fight on his ACA contract on the last card and had informed the promotion that he intended to try his luck elsewhere. He won a closely contested but clear decision and the promoter came to the cage after the fight to say he was overturning the result.

Fortunately the result got upheld.

Fayder stayed humble. He’s goat. Imagine if he had to be a loudmouth maroon to get a following. Thank Allah he’s better than that.
Fedor's mystique,and winning the title very early into his pride career put him on a different path. People kinda were drawn to his stoicism. Not everyone has the same path. It would be a very boring sport if everyone the same.

A destroyer who acts aloof and has an aura of mystique can absolutely find success and be a star.
1280765.jpg
Of course..but that is how Fedor naturally is. He does not show his cards,and people WANT to see them,and he knows that. If Khamzat tried to do this right now most fans wont give a fuck about him.

Fedor captivated the people when he came to pride and beat nog for the belt in his 3rd fight in. So he was already the champ and you had to pay attention to him anyway. Khamzat is fast tracking his way with his own methods. This is OK too.

A destroyer who acts aloof and has an aura of mystique can absolutely find success and be a star.
1280765.jpg

Fedor does have incredible presence.
That being said there are not too many examples like that. Being a hw and winning a title helped alot.

The promoter.

A fighter called Eduard Vartanyan (who I'm a big fan of, but I'd think this was BS even if I wasn't) had the last fight on his ACA contract on the last card and had informed the promotion that he intended to try his luck elsewhere. He won a closely contested but clear decision and the promoter came to the cage after the fight to say he was overturning the result.

Thank You for the info.

During a press conference before ACA 111 event (a Russian MMA promotion) the president of the organization Mairbek Khasiev, a Chechen, was asked what he thought of Chimaev and him calling out practically everyone in MMA world.

“I do not like it. He’s good as a fighter, I saw his two fights, they were good, but I do not like the way he acts, he should be more modest and quiet outside of the cage, but he’s his own man, it’s up to him to build his foundation, his legacy after the career is over.”

Starts at 31 minute

I really appreciate the subtitles. Makes it easier to not read them for English speakers. If you could see a transcript of the things I'm imagining he's saying, you'd be dying of laughter. This is exciting!

The promoter.

Vartanyan was really bad in that fight.
I thought the other guy won to be honest.
But still the judges shitty decision should be respected.

As if Khasiev knows anything about being humble <Lmaoo>

Back