A cheap, homemade round timer (revisited)

could someone re-host this ONE last time pls? i'm out of town and was lookin to train on my own for a bit...thanks

Someone here once mentioned making a round timer CD, but I searched and couldn't find the thread. I thought it was a good idea, but I can't claim it for myself. This stuff may sound complicated, but I'm a total idiot with computers, and if I can do it, anyone can. Here's how I did it:

I went to findsounds.com and downloaded a bell, a buzzer and a hammer sound in .wav format. I copied the sounds and pasted them onto a program called Nero Wave Editor (came free with a CD burner I bought). I spaced them out at appropriate intervals to fit my needs, then burnt the CD. When played on a CD player, I set the "repeat" button to give a continuous loop. Here's how it starts when it plays:

Start- Hammer sound (thump, thump, thump) 10-second warning to start of round
:10 - Bell sound (ding, ding) - start of round
3:00 - Hammer sound - 10-second warning to end of round
3:10 - Buzzer - end of round
50 seconds of blank space, then the CD loops back to the hammer at the beginning

I checked it with my stopwatch, and everything's right on the money. I did about 6 rounds over the weekend with it on the heavy and double-end bag in my garage, and it worked flawlessly. I thought about adding some "tones" into the round to let me know how much time has gone by, but I wanted to keep it simple at first and the 10-second warning is enough for me right now.

If anyone's interested, I could put the file up on yousendit or something if someone explains how to do it...

good idea...

I do the same thing with death metal songs

I Dl them with soulseek, compress them and edit them to exactly 3 minutes...
followed by one minute of classical music.....

the wav file sounds is a good idea too...

Interesting idea but too much work for me to bother with.
I just use speedbagforums.com free round timer.

Jesus christ, all the links are dead. But cool shit though, very good idea!

Ya, I was using it (speedbag timer)Sunday. Started up fine, but then no sounds. What a piss off.

i use speedbag forums for shadow boxing in my room but i wish there was a CD i could use for when im in my basement

Back