A Brazilian fighter calling himself "Spartan"

Alexander was Macedonian first and foremost, he was not Greek. 333BC
th

"Alexander Son of Philip was of a neglectful handsomness: For his Hair curled naturally, and was yellow"

Even in the mosaics you posted you can see the artist tried to show the blonde hair. There is also many sculptures of him.

310BC bronze sculpture of athlete
Surviving_Greek_Bronze.jpg

Achilles was also tall and fair with sandy hair.

I am not going to post it but if you look into the history of Greece you can trace the modern Greeks back through a series of invasions starting in the 8th Century.

Back then Macedon is not the same as the modern day Macedonia in the former Yugoslavia. Alexander and the Macedonians of antiquity hail from a region of modern day Greece. If you look on a map of Greece, look at the coast of Thrace, trace back to where it meets the rest of Greece. You will find a funny looking peninsula that has like three fingers sticking out. Alexander's Macedonians were a subset of the overall ancient Greeks.

Alexander was Macedonian first and foremost, he was not Greek. 333BC
th

"Alexander Son of Philip was of a neglectful handsomness: For his Hair curled naturally, and was yellow"

Even in the mosaics you posted you can see the artist tried to show the blonde hair. There is also many sculptures of him.

310BC bronze sculpture of athlete
Surviving_Greek_Bronze.jpg

Achilles was also tall and fair with sandy hair.

I am not going to post it but if you look into the history of Greece you can trace the modern Greeks back through a series of invasions starting in the 8th Century.

Northern Greeks tend to have fair qualities in comparison to southern Greeks like the Cretans (which apparently hail from Asia minor...I could be wrong about that)

The entirety of western civilization is cultural appropiation of the ancient greeks.

Sure, if you cut out the intervening 2300 or so intervening years.

No, why would I? Unlike a leftist I am only interested in the facts.
'

The Ancient Greeks took over the far more advanced Minoan civilization. The Minoans were the 1st civilization in Europe and they weren't related to you (I assume your mother tongue is an Indo-European language). Minoan is a language isolate. The Indo-European Mycenaens invaded Southern Greece and Crete and conquered the Minoans . The Greeks followed later and conquered the Mycenaens.

So my point is that it was Minoan who laid the foundation for Greek culture and since both the Indo-European Mycenaens and Greeks were marauding nomadic tribes with no civilization prior to invading Southern Greece, it would have been the intellectual acumen of the assimialted Minoans who would have contributed greatly to the establishment of civilization in Greece. In similar fashion it was the non Semitic Sumerians who introduced civilization to the Semites and the non Indo-European Elamites and Indus Valley people who civilized the Indo-Iranians.

Europeans weren't all the same people; like in the MidEast there were different linguistic groups.

'

The Ancient Greeks took over the far more advanced Minoan civilization. The Minoans were the 1st civilization in Europe and they weren't related to you (I assume your mother tongue is an Indo-European language). Minoan is a language isolate. The Indo-European Mycenaens invaded Southern Greece and Crete and conquered the Minoans . The Greeks followed later and conquered the Mycenaens.

So my point is that it was Minoan who laid the foundation for Greek culture and since both the Indo-European Mycenaens and Greeks were marauding nomadic tribes with no civilization prior to invading Southern Greece, it would have been the intellectual acumen of the assimialted Minoans who would have contributed greatly to the establishment of civilization in Greece. In similar fashion it was the non Semitic Sumerians who introduced civilization to the Semites and the non Indo-European Elamites and Indus Valley people who civilized the Indo-Iranians.

Europeans weren't all the same people; like in the MidEast there were different linguistic groups.

lol tell us more about these "Minoans" and how the Greeks civilisation was ripped from them..

Fact is classical Greece was 1000 years after the estimated collapse of the Minoan civilisation. There is no evidence of an intellectual continuity between the cultures. In fact it seems the Minoans had an even more advanced civilisation than even classical Greece at it's height (plumbing more than a 1000 years before Christ). Yet we know really nothing about it.

Hell, we only call it "Minoan" because the Greeks had myths about it being the land of Minos, son of Zeus, who was the first king of Crete and owner of both labyrinths and minotaurs. Not really a very apt description of a culture they apparently appropriated...

Fact is modern western society is based on Classical Greek philosophical concepts because "retro classicalism" was all the rage in early modern Western Europe. (Fall of Constantinople brought many forgotten classical texts to Western European via fleeing Byzantines).

The way modern society is organised in the west is a direct rip from classical history. We have no evidence of classical Greeks rediscovering "Minoan" culture and doing the equivalent. At best It seems the classical Greeks saw some ruins and fantasied about mazes and monsters.
"Bulls right... Those Minoans liked bulls. They had a bull monster! Thesus killed It. Yes.. It's all coming together".

Last edited:
its funny how spartans have become such a badass thing, cause all they did was plug up a mountain passage and the persians rerouted them and fucked them in the ass. but ofc all western history comes from greek records so its understandable.

Haha. Well put. You can thank '300' for that.

And TS, 'spartan' also refers to being frugal and minimalist. What a dumb thread. Who gives a fuck what he calls himself.

News flash TS, the Cleveland Indians aren't Indians either.

lol tell us more about these "Minoans" and how the Greeks civilisation was ripped from them..

Fact is classical Greece was 1000 years after the estimated collapse of the Minoan civilisation. There is no evidence of an intellectual continuity between the cultures. In fact it seems the Minoans had an even more advanced civilisation than even classical Greece at it's height (plumbing more than a 1000 years before Christ). Yet we know really nothing about it.

Hell, we only call it "Minoan" because the Greeks had myths about it being the land of Minos, son of Zeus, who was the first king of Crete and owner of both labyrinths and minotaurs. Not really a very apt description of a culture they apparently appropriated...

Fact is modern western society is based on Classical Greek philosophical concepts because "retro classicalism" was all the rage in early modern Western Europe. (Fall of Constantinople brought many forgotten classical texts to Western European via fleeing Byzantines).

The way modern society is organised in the west is a direct rip from classical history. We have no evidence of classical Greeks rediscovering "Minoan" culture and doing the equivalent. At best It seems the classical Greeks saw some ruins and fantasied about mazes and monsters.
"Bulls right... Those Minoans liked bulls. They had a bull monster! Thesus killed It. Yes.. It's all coming together".
The Greeks did not bring civilization with them when they invaded Greece. The Minoans were assimilated by the Mycenaesn and then this society was assimilated by the Greeks. So yes the Greeks would have learned a lot from the Minoans even if the Greeks themselves weren't much aware of Minoans. Just like how Phoenicians and Hebres would not have known Sumerians even though as Semitic speakers they utilized Sumerian creation and genes.

The entirety of western civilization is cultural appropiation of the ancient greeks.
Id say the romans, just look at the architecture of Washington dc and money. Majority Roman catholics.

Last edited:
That's in your mind.

LOL as if you arent trying to push the whole "all civilizations of the world were white germanic until they mixed and fucked shit up" angle in this thread.

We know how the ancient greeks looked like and they look like modern greeks of today.

LOL as if you arent trying to push the whole "all civilizations of the world were white germanic until they mixed and fucked shit up" angle in this thread.

We know how the ancient greeks looked like and they look like modern greeks of today.
Don't be mad I provide evidence for Alexander. Nothing is stopping you from providing your own.

Don't be mad I provide evidence for Alexander. Nothing is stopping you from providing your own.

You provided evidence that Alexander was portrayed as blonde and thus ancient greeks were germanic because of this?

When reading people like Hallelujah i get to understand why things like cultural appropiation gain such negative associations.

Cultural appropiation may as well culture stealing, imitation assumes that we add elements of other cultures, stealing implies we take credit for them like Hallelujah is trying to do.

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...rman-welt-favoring-a-dna-based-eu-membership/

Modern liberal germans saying that Greeks were german, because of course they were. scary shit.

Back