A BJJ Fraud in North Carolina gets challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paredes still hasn't turned up. I was wondering if anyone can help me find him?

Ha0lm.jpg

GOLD

Maybe he fled town in the Paredes Mobile.

Last night my facebook newsfeed was invaded by Sensei James....

JG0ey.jpg

w6mXZ.jpg

ccYS1.jpg

mShSK.jpg

Whnbp.jpg

bCeWD.jpg

I agree, however it is all publicly listed on White Pages. Plus that is an apartment complex. If anyone was going to commit acts of violence against Paredes, I am certain it would have already happened.

My money is on someone approaching Paredes at his home or car, and things escalating into something physical. My guess is it would start with someone trying to be funny and Paredes taking exception. That's why it's completely inappropriate that anybody would post his address, stalk him, or even jokingly suggest that someone approach him. You don't mess with a man at his home and you don't screw with his vehicle. For the record, North Carolina is a "Stand Your Ground" state.

Last I heard, his class was shut down. Why are people so intent on fucking with this guy?

I had a dream i was at a competition and i saw a Parades jiu jitsu student. Parades was there but he had grown facial hair and dyed it to try to stay low key. I was trying to get a picture for f12 on my phone but i couldn't remember the swipe code to unlock it. Damn dreams. #firstworldproblems...

Last I heard, his class was shut down. Why are people so intent on fucking with this guy?

I have heard that his class has not been shut down(why has Mo's Karate refused to remove him from the website? Especially if they are so annoyed by all of the phone calls they receive regarding him?)

I've also heard he may be teaching down in Holly Springs or Fuquay-Varina, NC where he is less likely to attract attention. I'm going to follow up on this when my time permits. Training BJJ > Trolling Paredes.

I have heard that his class has not been shut down(why has Mo's Karate refused to remove him from the website? Especially if they are so annoyed by all of the phone calls they receive regarding him?)

For what it's worth, that website still has a page offering signups for their tournament in February 2012. Pretty likely that nobody on staff can make more than minor edits. At least that's how it was at my dojo until just recently.

I've also heard he may be teaching down in Holly Springs or Fuquay-Varina, NC where he is less likely to attract attention. I'm going to follow up on this when my time permits. Training BJJ > Trolling Paredes.

If he's actually teaching, that's worth looking into. Why not simply inquire with the schools in question? If they're not aware of the situation, you might want to clue them in.

But let's face it, this guy has been talked about on every BJJ forum out there. Pretty unlikely he's going to be able to pull off teaching for long when nearly every result for "Paredes Jiu-jitsu" on Google makes mention of him as a fraud (including the comments on his YouTube videos).

Word is out. Not just locally, not just regionally, not just nationally. Globally.

For what it's worth, that website still has a page offering signups for their tournament in February 2012. Pretty likely that nobody on staff can make more than minor edits. At least that's how it was at my dojo until just recently.

If he's actually teaching, that's worth looking into. Why not simply inquire with the schools in question? If they're not aware of the situation, you might want to clue them in.

But let's face it, this guy has been talked about on every BJJ forum out there. Pretty unlikely he's going to be able to pull off teaching for long when nearly every result for "Paredes Jiu-jitsu" on Google makes mention of him as a fraud (including the comments on his YouTube videos).

Word is out. Not just locally, not just regionally, not just nationally. Globally.

My goal isn't to stop him from teaching, I just want a picture with him while I'm wearing my Billy Dowey t-shirt (limited edition from Cageside MMA).

A brief interview on video would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

My goal isn't to stop him from teaching, I just want a picture with him while I'm wearing my Billy Dowey t-shirt (limited edition from Cageside MMA).

A brief interview on video would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

In that case, please understand that I think you're a complete dick. Grow up.

Everyone please read this and let me know what you think: http://carolinamma.blogspot.com/2012/11/finding-yeti.html

Dude, there is zero chances Paredes will do what you are asking him to do, do you think he is willing to spend 10 years trying to become a black belt to teach? he will just disappear from the world, he aint going to be teaching anymore for a while, then will show up probably in a even smaller comunity but will not by any means connect his jujutsu style to anything bjj related, probably will jump ships and say bjj is just some style that has been water down in order to make it more appealing to the public, since the jujutsu he teaches is just too deadly for mainstream, but lucky for them, he is there to pass them the holy knowledge he has gotten from his master, who by the way, was a ninja and thus his identity cannot be revealed..

Just leave the guy alone already. Who really even cares any more. This topic and thread are just beating a dead horse. He isn't teaching BJJ any more so great --take it as a win. To keep pushing it, memes, blogs, etc. If he was a kid the majority of this stuff would be considered "cyber bullying". Just saying.

Would probably have about as much effect as emailing Christopher Clugston, and trying to get him to stop selling his Viking Destruction Art DVD set for $600. The damage has been done at this point, I think. I don't suppose we'll see Paredes teaching again, and if he does, I doubt we'll catch wind of it again. The information is out there for the skeptics among us to protect themselves.

I'd certainly rather see someone approach Paredes about trying to redeem himself than some jackass following the guy around trying to humiliate him.

I'd certainly rather see someone approach Paredes about trying to redeem himself than some jackass following the guy around trying to humiliate him.

Yeah. A little humiliation is always good, but it's starting to get excessive now. The gesture is nice, but given the personality archetype that typically misrepresents oneself as an expert, I doubt it would result in very much.

At this point I would be inclined to agree. Seems like enough has been done. Also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back