A bit of a BJJ globetrotting project around California...

Gracie Barra Northridge is probably your best option being in Santa Clarita.

But question, how are you planning to get around? Are you going to rent a car?

Sorry if im hijacking your thread but i am planning a similar trip.

I am going to be in San Diego, LA and Vegas.

Any advice on where to train would be great i'm already looking at Atos SD and Cobrinhas so any advice on these two in particular would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
Gracie Barra Northridge is probably your best option being in Santa Clarita.

But question, how are you planning to get around? Are you going to rent a car?

That's the big question mark. I'm not going to rent a car, but I was told my family might be able to lend me one. I have a few things to sort out for my drivers licence though. I'm afraid it might not work in the U.S.. Why?

That's the big question mark. I'm not going to rent a car, but I was told my family might be able to lend me one. I have a few things to sort out for my drivers licence though. I'm afraid it might not work in the U.S.. Why?

getting around LA is almost impossible without a car

If you're staying in SF, then you won't need a car for the time spent here. BART can take you anywhere, basically. I'm from SF. Are you interested in training at Charles Gracie of Daly City? What belt/how much do you weigh?

If you're staying in SF, then you won't need a car for the time spent here. BART can take you anywhere, basically. I'm from SF. Are you interested in training at Charles Gracie of Daly City? What belt/how much do you weigh?

I weight about 80 kg which is about 176, and I've been a blue for quite some time now.
I'm interested in training anywhere man ! I'll go by recommendations! I'll be staying at the San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf hostel. Looks pretty close to Ralph's which is cool ! But the more gyms I'll visit the better !

Anybody checked out the Big John Mccarthy gym? It's like two streets from where my family lives. Is it any good?

There was a black belt from Denmark that did something similar a few years ago, he was very glad that he stopped by Gracie Humaita San Diego. I suggest you do the same. Hit Humaita and Atos.

Sorry if im hijacking your thread but i am planning a similar trip.

I am going to be in San Diego between 18 - 28 of June, LA 28 - 30 and Vegas 1 - 4 of July.

Any advice on where to train would be great i'm already looking at Atos SD and Cobrinhas so any advice on these two in particular would be great.

Thanks

You should extend your trip by a couple days in Vegas and do Grappler's Quest and hit the UFC Fan Expo on the 5th and 6th.

You should extend your trip by a couple days in Vegas and do Grappler's Quest and hit the UFC Fan Expo on the 5th and 6th.

Unfortunately i had booked my flights a couple of days before that was announced and cant change them now :(

UFC??UFC FAN EXPO???
Whats next??You ll call me bro?
Just tell me you dont know who Kazushi sakuraba is?Im out ,fuck jiu jitsu.

^I am not sure what your attempting to troll about. Clarity will make you a better troll.

Unfortunately i had booked my flights a couple of days before that was announced and cant change them now :(

Well the fourth will probably be a pretty dead day at most gyms because of the holiday and weigh ins. If you want to train Monday through Wednesday do a drop in at Cobra Kai

Well the fourth will probably be a pretty dead day at most gyms because of the holiday and weigh ins. If you want to train Monday through Wednesday do a drop in at Cobra Kai

Thanks for the offer. How much are the drop in rates? Pm me if u prefer

Anybody checked out the Big John Mccarthy gym? It's like two streets from where my family lives. Is it any good?

yup. big, state of the art facility with pretty much everything. was pricey for a membership (with long commitments) which is why i don't go there, and i'm not sure what the drop in fee is. you can try a day for free though. :redface:

drop me a pm when you're in town and i'll buy you a beer.

Awesome, thank you very much Pete and PoundSand ! :)

Up, anybody else trained either at Gracie barra santa clarita? Or at Big John's gym?

Back