A big thank you to SAAMAG, DivineComedy, Protectandserve, Discipulus and others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it isnt that black or white.. it shouldnt be either learns it all thru sparring or he learns it all thru drills FIRST (because thats what nuke wants to do, get all his skills as high as he can before anything) but the grey area, a mix of the two... you know like every begginer in a boxing gym, they make you do controlled partner drills first with a live, moving opponent (which is alot different than with a static DE bag) before any sparring.. but he refuses to go because they make him put his hands up..

We've had the partner drills discussion. Its the one thing I think he needs most, but I cant agree that going a place to get them who would chang everything would necessarily be the right thing, nor do I agree that the d/e bag is useless for training reactions, in fact I think thats its purpose, when done correctly.

We've had the partner drills discussion. Its the one thing I think he needs most, but I cant agree that going a place to get them who would chang everything would necessarily be the right thing, nor do I agree that the d/e bag is useless for training reactions, in fact I think thats its purpose, when done correctly.

I wouldnt call it useless, as I like fuckin around with it on the gym... But to think its an actual substitute to drilling with partners/sparring is
laughable..

Hey its ultimately Nukes choice how he trains, maybe Im wrong and all this drilling of fundamentals is building up a monster slowly from the ground up lol but what would they change anyways, put your hands up like a regular boxer for some classes?? He'll have to do that on Sydney anyways unless theres a Tocco's somewhere in Australia (doubt it).. So better get used to it

Last edited:
I wouldnt call it useless, as I like fuckin around with it on the gym... But to think its an actual substitute to drilling with partners/sparring is
laughable..

Hey its ultimately Nukes choice how he trains, maybe Im wrong and all this drilling of fundamentals is building up a monster slowly from the ground up lol but what would they change anyways, put your hands up like a regular boxer for some classes?? He'll have to do that on Sydney anyways unless theres a Tocco's somewhere in Australia (doubt it).. So better get used to it

The two are not mutually exclusive you know. And Nuke, man it took you 9 pages to realize that you needed to stop arguing? SonIamdisappoint.jpg

So did we close the old thread just to continue in this one. It's cool, like watching a soap opera.

laughable..

I think your dislike for him (and do not tell me you dont dislike him) clouds your thoughts a bit. Or perhaps things are different in different places. Even here at Tocco's there's trainers who would cchange EVERYTHING. Even you. Theyd put you on the front foot, glue your hands to your face, hunch your shoulders, point your feet the wrong way, etc. Or maybe, just maybe you are underestimating someone you both dislike, and do not really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back