A big thank you to SAAMAG, DivineComedy, Protectandserve, Discipulus and others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're all keyboard warriors, go away with your armchair analysis"

*proceeds to ask for advice through an internet forum, behind a computer screen*

Logic?

"You're all keyboard warriors, go away with your armchair analysis"

*proceeds to ask for advice through an internet forum, behind a computer screen*

Logic?

Gross simplification much?

....am i getting troll again?

I'm not insinuating anything, it's just my analysis of your condition. I'm all for effective/fundamental tactics. But you can't base your whole stance on the matter of some guy's online teachings.

The most you could do is learn the way the gym teaches you and only while sparring you could try some things you've read online.

Whatever, once you start training for real you will know what I meant. Right now you're just overly fixated on the fantasy of learning the "hidden truths of old school" boxing and being a badass once you master them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read in your thread about your bag work that you are pretty much training on your own?

you should look for katsidis's gym i think he has one over there since hes australian also look for danny green's gym. and im just saying but the way you answer to other peoples post it does seem pretty rude i could see why there mad. no offense. also if you do ever meet them take a picture lol.

I wish you the best of luck Nuke. But aren't you forgetting someone? Starts with P and ends with K.

This forum is great because some of these guys have a lot of knowledge to share and, more importantly, they have a pervading love for striking that manifests itself with each one of their posts.

You also missed Sinister who can be a major prick at times but only because he thinks about boxing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

umm...you dont spell KarateStylist with a P and K.

umm...you dont spell KarateStylist with a P and K.
^^^ The "real" power behind the throne is right here.... ha ha....
Nuke is a young scrappy individual
^^^ Most notable event of 2012.... discovering Nukamine was a real person.... I mean person....

^^^ should'a flown over and handled those KYO-Rangers for Nuke.... But I'm following Nick Diaz, in his footsteps & demanding A. Silva $$$$... :D

KarateStylist

Last edited:
^^^ The "real" power behind the throne is right here.... ha ha....
^^^ Most notable event of 2012.... discovering Nukamine was a real person.... I mean person....

^^^ should'a flown over and handled those KYO-Rangers for Nuke.... But I'm following Nick Diaz, in his footsteps & demanding A. Silva $$$$... :D

KarateStylist

And people say nick isnt smart:rolleyes:

Good luck in your training man!! Stick with it and you can become something..

Now I have not been training very long at all.. When I first made this account I said I had been training for 6 months already I think, but I lied cause I didn't want to be "That noob" LOL. In reality i've been training about 10, months now (just started training when I made the acc, had a tru coach for about 8) and have one fight, so I'm not VERY knowledgable but a lot of the points people are making are true.

Keeping your hands the way you have them, if you face anyone with a bit of speed, you will be punished without defense that you have proven to yourself works. Something you can fall back on when your hurt and know you'll block most shots. like sour said, learn the way everyone else learns , but keep that "old school" stuff in the back of your head and use it whenever the situation would be better for the old school technique, and rely on some of the newer techniques that would be better in the situation if that makes sense.

Truthfully though I don't know much what I'm talking about, but it makes sense so whatever. My trainer is one of the few true old school trainers around, who truly teaches you the old school technique, For a while I was training at the same gym Sinister works at, and most coaches around there teach the old school way. Luckily i found my trainer within a 3 months of starting to box, so he is pretty much building me from the ground up, but I don't look the way you do in the videos.. Work on what the people are telling you but keep what you got in the back of your head. Good luck man!

If it was simple fundamental stuff you could have done something against the "brawling douchebag" or those karate guys.

The very problem is that you think that what you are doing is what you think you're doing. You fail to realize that although you can write a paragraph explaining why this or that gives you the edge against any type of attack/opponent. Ignoring the fact that the deepest you've ever gone into self-criticism is "i'm too scrappy for my own good" or other kinds of positive-negatives.

I especially loved the one , where asked what his strengths were , answered with pretty much " Im so naturally talented ! "

o_O

Good luck in your training man!! Stick with it and you can become something..

Now I have not been training very long at all.. When I first made this account I said I had been training for 6 months already I think, but I lied cause I didn't want to be "That noob" LOL. In reality i've been training about 10, months now (just started training when I made the acc, had a tru coach for about 8) and have one fight, so I'm not VERY knowledgable but a lot of the points people are making are true.

Keeping your hands the way you have them, if you face anyone with a bit of speed, you will be punished without defense that you have proven to yourself works. Something you can fall back on when your hurt and know you'll block most shots. like sour said, learn the way everyone else learns , but keep that "old school" stuff in the back of your head and use it whenever the situation would be better for the old school technique, and rely on some of the newer techniques that would be better in the situation if that makes sense.

Truthfully though I don't know much what I'm talking about, but it makes sense so whatever. My trainer is one of the few true old school trainers around, who truly teaches you the old school technique, For a while I was training at the same gym Sinister works at, and most coaches around there teach the old school way. Luckily i found my trainer within a 3 months of starting to box, so he is pretty much building me from the ground up, but I don't look the way you do in the videos.. Work on what the people are telling you but keep what you got in the back of your head. Good luck man!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Let me just clarify that at this stage i am merely forcing myself to learn how to use positioning and footworks properly by not resort to high guard. Do i use my hands to block shits? Yes, absolutely. I know how to parry and deflect using my hands. But i don't want to become relying on it because it is easy to do so without knowing how to defend using my feet first. The hands are mainly there for hurting the other guy.

I always found it funny how when guys like Bay Area who either running out of critiques to give or just merely disagree on a few things, they decided to become naysayers and haters, or even trolls.

Oh well. Haters gonna hate.

Can someone close down this thread too please?

If you dont post in this thread anymore, it'll eventually die out on its own.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read in your thread about your bag work that you are pretty much training on your own?

Difference is, that although my trainers don't constantly correct every flaw of my stance/balance/footwork, i've had the chance to challenge myself in sparring against a variety of training partners from all sorts of training backgrounds: MT/kickboxing guys, people with boxing experience, older guys who have been doing karate for over ten years, grown men who have had formal boxing training ect. From that experience I know that I'm able to stand with them and get a training experience that's beneficial for both parties.

I've competed in kickboxing two times, once against a 27 year-old guy with 13 years of experience but I lost in the II round due to a referee stoppage because the man was obviously overpowering me (at that point I had like 4-5 months training xp at max weighing in at 71 KG- before starting to train I was 67 kg soaking wet) and the other match i won. The kid who I was up against had less experience than me, but was more powerful and the brawler type. I lost my concentration (read: choked) and it wasn't a pretty fight, but I still won.

this was two years ago.

I've only recently gotten into the mechanics of boxing because I've admitted to myself, after facing guys who have obviously done boxing before (even experienced krottie guys) that most of what I've learned so far in the MT/K1 classes hasn't prepared me for guys with fast hands who have a couple of combinations learned at the implicit level.

Nevertheless I have been able too adapt withing reasonable confines to know that what NLM is doing right now is totally useless against anyone who has done at the very least, 6 months of high-intensity pugilism of any sort.

I'm not bragging or anything, but NLM looks to be about my size and he looks like exactly the kind of the guy who comes into training, and when you spar with him, you realize that you have to take it easy on this guy and as I usually do with kids like him: I just tap them on the head softly but repeatedly so they would understand how vulnerable they are at all times leaving such wide openings as they do.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Let me just clarify that at this stage i am merely forcing myself to learn how to use positioning and footworks properly by not resort to high guard. Do i use my hands to block shits? Yes, absolutely. I know how to parry and deflect using my hands. But i don't want to become relying on it because it is easy to do so without knowing how to defend using my feet first. The hands are mainly there for hurting the other guy.

you always need a plan B :icon_idea:icon_idea

Nevertheless I have been able too adapt withing reasonable confines to know that what NLM is doing right now is totally useless against anyone who has done at the very least, 6 months of high-intensity pugilism of any sort.

I'm not bragging or anything, but NLM looks to be about my size and he looks like exactly the kind of the guy who comes into training, and when you spar with him, you realize that you have to take it easy on this guy and as I usually do with kids like him: I just tap them on the head softly but repeatedly so they would understand how vulnerable they are at all times leaving such wide openings as they do.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/n...ion-v1-i-hate-douchebags-2262507/index16.html
Watch all the videos in post #477, especially the ones vs the kickboxer instructor, read all the critiques afterward and then come back at me. I'm not going to argue against your truth. My videos speaks for itself.

you always need a plan B :icon_idea:icon_idea

It is call forced learning.

Man, you guys really needs to read my threads from the beginning to the end. And stop insinuating things for once, too.

And people say nick [diaz] [sic] isnt smart:rolleyes:
^^^ And I'm serious too.... :icon_surp
^^^ Just came from another MMA site.... where they said the same thing as you.... now realizing maybe not.... an inkling.... :icon_neut
I especially loved the one , where asked what his strengths were , answered with pretty much " Im so naturally talented ! "

o_O
:icon_arro ^^^ Hey, take a step back, bro.... Nuke-Mine is going to determine the future of boxing vs. karate.... I'm so excited I've forgotten all about Wonderboy....

KarateStylist

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/n...ion-v1-i-hate-douchebags-2262507/index16.html
Watch all the videos in post #477, especially the ones vs the kickboxer instructor, read all the critiques afterward and then come back at me. I'm not going to argue against your truth. My videos speaks for itself.

It is call forced learning.

Man, you guys really needs to read my threads from the beginning to the end. And stop insinuating things for once, too.

What are you learning? to get tagged? brain damage? positioning and distance is just the first layer of the defense... you need a second layer of defense because your first layer sucks abit(your just 6 months in)... sometimes you need to stand your ground too, switch up your defenses, you cant just be hopin back and forth trying to dodge all the strikes like in the matrix, you will all learn this on your first real class of boxing/MT/whatever gym takes you in.. dont you worry :D

PS: you can also check my videos :p, they speak for themselves too

To use positioning and distance more than use my hands.
SummerStriker's post adequately summed up what i am doing.

"It doesn't matter how good your reflexes and footwork is compared to peak humans. All that matters is that they are better than the guy you are fighting, and by practicing in that way you will improve them.

There are a million guys who look so much like Mike Tyson in pictures that learned to walk and punch and shrug just like him. In any given photograph their stance is exactly the same and to watch them hammer down someone worse than they are, you might even think they are as good as Tyson, but their reflexes and footwork don't hold up against other people.

Hopefully when Nuke takes his first fight it will be against someone else with a 0/0 record and he will demolish the guy with what looks like good reflexes and positioning.

I'm not saying you are wrong about anything else. Just that you need to have good reflexes to practice fighting a certain way. Right now he is trying to get a certain form down, and as time passes his reflexes will get better as long as he pushes himself against better people, but in so doing that he will be beat and will look bad. He has to go through that.

Edit - Some people teach a tight guard to new people because they don't have the reflexes to block punches, but their coaches want them to hit one another hard anyway, so that they get used to hard punches faster and learn to see them coming, improving their reflexes. Nuke is fighting with his hands down and generally with partners that don't hit as hard, hoping to increase his reflexes more gradually while perfecting the form he wants to use later. Ever play a video game where you get points to unlock something when you level - you can make the game harder at the beginning by saving those points to unlock power ups that only become available late game. That's how nuke is playing real life. He doesn't want to blow his skill training on shit he believes he would abandon when later abilities unlock, so he's just saving his skill points up and investing in things that aren't as useful yet. So long as he doesn't let people keep kicking him in the face and dropping his IQ on his way to developing faster reflexes, I think it can work out for him.

Edit 2 - Nuke hasn't had his moment of truth yet. At some point he is going to have to start sparring regularly with people who are trying to hit him harder, who really know what they are doing. At that point, he will have advanced the furthest he can without being pushed by someone trying to beat him. If he can't adapt then, he will have to change. Only he can know when he gets there and what happens when he does, if he does well enough or not. His persistent independent study is something most people don't have. He will know what they are doing but they won't understand him. There is an edge in this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back