A big thank you to SAAMAG, DivineComedy, Protectandserve, Discipulus and others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fundamental doesnt mean it is easy to master, especially at where i am at. Remember that i'm largely on my own, no regular gym, sparring partners or coach. It is easy to put my hands up in high guard and become one of those run of the mill amateur style boxer , or i could take the high road to become something better. More than a few people around here will agree that what i am doing is fundamental stuffs. I dont go out and try to power punching people in day one.

And yes, may i dont know what i am doing. But i've not been in the system long enough to master it. You guys act like Rome is built in one day or something.

It is fundamental doesnt mean it is easy to master, especially at where i am at. Remember that i'm largely on my own, no regular gym, sparring partners or coach. It is easy to put my hands up in high guard and become one of those run of the mill amateur style boxer , or i could take the high road to become something better. More than a few people around here will agree that what i am doing is fundamental stuffs. I dont go out and try to power punching people in day one.

And yes, may i dont know what i am doing. But i've not been in the system long enough to master it. You guys act like Rome is built in one day or something.

Fair enough, but keep in mind you are chosing to be alone... putting your hands up in class wont instantly turn you into a "run of the mill" amateur style boxer (if that even exists, every style is different for each person, just because you compete in amateur boxing doesnt mean everyone is the same) just as putting your hands ribcage side wont instantly turn you into a godly oldschool boxer

Do you ever plan on competing or just trying to learn the pretty techniques?? because hate to break it down to you, but I doubt any gym in sydney wont be up your ass from day one if you come in and say you wanna "fight like old school boxers" and theres this guy Sinister online that teaches you all the fine techniques straight from the oldschool source..

Good news is, you can still use the fundamentals of positioning (and learn to apply them in real time!!) and oldschool boxing, but keep em in your mind :D

I It is easy to put my hands up in high guard and become one of those run of the mill amateur style boxer , or i could take the high road to become something better.

This sums up your whole attitude: you don't want to be run of the mill because on some subconscious you realize how much work in endurance/speed/strength training it takes to become good in "that run of the mill style boxing", you would rather read about and watch videos of guys explaining techniques with fancy shit like angles and torque and "by just standing this way, i'm able to preempt 90% of attacks and from this position, I get much more power" ect ect because this way you still get to be your own flabby and slow self but you think the tactics will give you an advantage over the "run of the mill" boxer because it's a much more smarter way to fight and also has the "hidden, unique" characteristic to it that you so obviously aspire to.

Fair enough, but keep in mind you are chosing to be alone... putting your hands up in class wont instantly turn you into a "run of the mill" amateur style boxer (if that even exists, every style is different for each person, just because you compete in amateur boxing doesnt mean everyone is the same) just as putting your hands ribcage side wont instantly turn you into a godly oldschool boxer

Do you ever plan on competing or just trying to learn the pretty techniques?? because hate to break it down to you, but I doubt any gym in sydney wont be up your ass from day one if you come in and say you wanna "fight like old school boxers" and theres this guy Sinister online that teaches you all the fine techniques straight from the oldschool source..

Good news is, you can still use the fundamentals of positioning (and learn to apply them in real time!!) and oldschool boxing, but keep em in your mind :D

Nobody said that. Don't try to use the hands up vs hands down as a gross simplification of what i am doing. I choose to be alone because there isn't any place around here that high level enough.

And yes, i will compete. As for Sydney, don't try to insinuating things that is not happened yet. My still-honing skills will speak for itself and i don't need to speak it out loud. It worked with the kickboxing instructor.

This sums up your whole attitude: you don't want to be run of the mill because on some subconscious you realize how much work in endurance/speed/strength training it takes to become good in "that run of the mill style boxing", you would rather read about and watch videos of guys explaining techniques with fancy shit like angles and torque and "by just standing this way, i'm able to preempt 90% of attacks and from this position, I get much more power" ect ect because this way you still get to be your own flabby and slow self but you think the tactics will give you an advantage over the "run of the mill" boxer because it's a much more smarter way to fight and also has the "hidden, unique" characteristic to it that you so obviously aspire to.

I know how much work it needed to be put in. Stop insinuating that i want to fight like this because it is a shortcut that is only theoritical and allow me to stay fat. In fact, stop insinuating things to try to argue otherwise. I'm set on my path and you guys should deal with it.

Geez, thread derailed.

Last edited:
Nuke just ignore the guy we all know ur position on the matter and we clearly know his, just read through ur last pages of ur thread, absolute shitstorn lol

Gl in sydney, get dat kostya pic!! :icon_lol:

Nuke just ignore the guy we all know ur position on the matter and we clearly know his, just read through ur last pages of ur thread, absolute shitstorn lol

Gl in sydney, get dat kostya pic!! :icon_lol:

Kostya is in Russia now, in fact. Teaching full time in there, too :rolleyes:
Yeah, the thread ended rather sourly :rolleyes:

Kostya is in Russia now, in fact. Teaching full time in there, too :rolleyes:
Yeah, the thread ended rather sourly :rolleyes:

Yeah it'd do u better to not feed the trolls or haters. You're set in ur way like many in this forum are set in theirs.

Damn that's a bummer, well enjoy the training, weather, beaches and the girls.

Emphasis on the girls!

Nobody said that. Don't try to use the hands up vs hands down as a gross simplification of what i am doing. I choose to be alone because there isn't any place around here that high level enough.

And yes, i will compete. As for Sydney, don't try to insinuating things that is not happened yet. My still-honing skills will speak for itself and i don't need to speak it out loud. It worked with the kickboxing instructor.

I know how much work it needed to be put in. Stop insinuating that i want to fight like this because it is a shortcut that is only theoritical and allow me to stay fat. In fact, stop insinuating things to try to argue otherwise. I'm set on my path and you guys should deal with it.

Geez, thread derailed.

I'm not insinuating anything, it's just my analysis of your condition. I'm all for effective/fundamental tactics. But you can't base your whole stance on the matter of some guy's online teachings.

The most you could do is learn the way the gym teaches you and only while sparring you could try some things you've read online.

Whatever, once you start training for real you will know what I meant. Right now you're just overly fixated on the fantasy of learning the "hidden truths of old school" boxing and being a badass once you master them.

Yeah it'd do u better to not feed the trolls or haters. You're set in ur way like many in this forum are set in theirs.

Damn that's a bummer, well enjoy the training, weather, beaches and the girls.

Emphasis on the girls!

I just put all of them in the Ignore list. Never once i felt such peace. I might just need to put a couple more in that, too.
And yeah, the girlssssssssssssssssssssss...............

I'm not insinuating anything, it's just my analysis of your condition. I'm all for effective/fundamental tactics. But you can't base your whole stance on the matter of some guy's online teachings.

The most you could do is learn the way the gym teaches you and only while sparring you could try some things you've read online.

Whatever, once you start training for real you will know what I meant. Right now you're just overly fixated on the fantasy of learning the "hidden truths of old school" boxing and being a badass once you master them.

IDK about you, but given how that "some guy's" teachings actually works and proven to work throughout the history, i'd take that anydays. Not to mention he is have an incredible lineage and knowledges, and for once actually know what he's teaching.

And don't try to do the armchair analysis/predictions as if it is the truth. It is pathetic.

Last edited:

I know how much work it needed to be put in. Stop insinuating that i want to fight like this because it is a shortcut that is only theoritical and unrealistic. In fact, stop insinuating things to try to argue otherwise. I'm set on my path and you guys should deal with it.

Geez, thread derailed.

Why u get so defensive Nuke? Im just giving you a reality check from whats gonna happen with most gyms (and worse if its a high level gym, I wonder what you consider that is, let me guess anything not Sinisters???)

for example, if you walked in where I train, my teacher would personally yell at you until you put your hands up and do the drills exactly as he says (he actually teaches lead hand out and rear hand at the chin, but to the begginers like you, they make them put both hands up).. actually it would be pretty fun if some fella came in refusing to put his hands up because he learned old school boxing from a guy on the internet, probably another public execution... and theyre pretty serious since the instructor has done trips to cuba

your oh so honed skills will speak for themsleves.. you hardly do any sparring at all and that reflex bag isnt a substitute, why didnt you let them speak at that boxing gym back then ( I cant find the thread now but you now what im talking about).. You could have easily put your hands up for the drill and stuck a couple classes more, and they would have let you sparr and you could have tried all the fancy angles and stuff on real boxers, and imagine how good your game would be right now, but noooo you chose to stay at home and try to figure it all out from the beggining...

it worked with that instructor because he has probably trained the same time as you lol and most kickboxing places dont teach solid boxing technique...

but I hope you find a good gym in sydney, just giving you a heads up

those dots better not signify giving up on girls

U got any gyms scouted?

Why u get so defensive Nuke? Im just giving you a reality check from whats gonna happen with most gyms (and worse if its a high level gym, I wonder what you consider that is, let me guess anything not Sinisters???)

for example, if you walked in where I train, my teacher would personally yell at you until you put your hands up and do the drills exactly as he says (he actually teaches lead hand out and rear hand at the chin, but to the begginers like you, they make them put both hands up).. actually it would be pretty fun if some fella came in refusing to put his hands up because he learned old school boxing from a guy on the internet, probably another public execution... and theyre pretty serious since the instructor has done trips to cuba

your oh so honed skills will speak for themsleves.. you hardly do any sparring at all and that reflex bag isnt a substitute, why didnt you let them speak at that boxing gym back then ( I cant find the thread now but you now what im talking about).. You could have easily put your hands up for the drill and stuck a couple classes more, and they would have let you sparr and you could have tried all the fancy angles and stuff on real boxers, and imagine how good your game would be right now, but noooo you chose to stay at home and try to figure it all out from the beggining...

it worked with that instructor because he has probably trained the same time as you lol and most kickboxing places dont teach solid boxing technique...

but I hope you find a good gym in sydney, just giving you a heads up

I'm not going to argue anything further. It is a waste of time. My progress will speak for itself. My point stand and so are you. Let's agree to disagree.

those dots better not signify giving up on girls

U got any gyms scouted?

Marbig gave me a bunch of reviews, so i know where i am going to try out. According to him, my style of rear foot heavy, head off-centre style is perfectly acceptable with high level gyms. As for the hands placement.....:icon_lol:

I'm not going to argue anything further. It is a waste of time. My progress will speak for itself. My point stand and so are you. Let's agree to disagree.

Marbig gave me a bunch of reviews, so i know where i am going to try out. According to him, my style of rear foot heavy, head off-centre style is perfectly acceptable with high level gyms. As for the hands placement.....:icon_lol:

Fair enough, when are you going to sydney anyways?

Wow that's great to have an inside man from sherdog, well gl and see ya around :)

Some thoughts from someone whose followed this from more or less the start. I originally was very skeptical about the whole online learning thing. That said, if you deny the progress Nuke has shown you are just being ignorant. Would he have learned faster/better at a real gym, probably but he doesn't have one.

As far as the theory issue. Nuke is at the point where he knows far more than he is able to demonstrate. It's similar to those guys in BJJ who know a shit load of techniques but cannot properly execute them in sparring yet. In the technical knowledge aspect Nuke is much further ahead than most but he does nt have the proper gym or sparring partners to learn the proper execution. His style may be technically sound but his execution is far from it, as he has admitted several times.

The way I look at it is there are basically three categories of fighter, those with sound execution but limited technical knowledge, those with technical knowledge but the inability to execute those techniques and those with sound technical knowledge and proper execution. All are striving to get to the final stage.

i'll just say keep it up, nuke. honestly, just reading these threads has improved my own sparring and technique, as well as just making me focus on different things. and i've been training for alot longer than you. just putting yourself out there as you are and allowing others the opportunity to give feedback is a win for everyone. we all are forced to think. as i've said, through sparring you will learn and adapt, as long as you are willing to adapt (and as long as you face guys who challenge you). even there, keep perspective. the real thing, guys are looking to hurt you.

but again, props for putting in the time, putting it online, and trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back