A big thank you to SAAMAG, DivineComedy, Protectandserve, Discipulus and others....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclearlandmine

Shreddin'
Banned
Reaction score
...who have been providing me with their inputs and critiques in my thread. From the bottom of my heart, there are no words that i can really use to describe how appreciative I am with you guys' invaluable knowledge in martial arts and its effects on this this scrappy little Vietnamese and his nascent journey. Now that even though V1 thread ended in a rather sour note, i hope i can still receive helpful feedbacks and critiques on my training in V2 thread in 2013 so that i can continue to improve myself, as i continue my journey down under the land of Australia.

Again, a big thank you.

I like seeing people progress in their combat arts journeys. I've had a lot of guys help me along the way so far and if you can accept constructive criticism you get better faster.

Sherdog can be a crapshoot on advice but I'm not gonna lie, I've picked up some nuances here that I did not get in my gym that have helped my game. Hopefully with help from the MODS your threads can continue.

I like seeing people progress in their combat arts journeys. I've had a lot of guys help me along the way so far and if you can accept constructive criticism you get better faster.

Sherdog can be a crapshoot on advice but I'm not gonna lie, I've picked up some nuances here that I did not get in my gym that have helped my game. Hopefully with help from the MODS your threads can continue.

Yeah, that's why i will have a v2 thread since there are so many people with incredible knowledge that can really help my progress. It may get troll, it may get derail, but for the level of knowledge i have been able to take in, it is a small price to pay.

what you have to learn is that everytime you answer a troll he wins. its called feeding the troll in internet speak.the reason why you so much flack is because your always arguing with trolls.

nobody hates on the trolls because to them they are just fulfilling their role but they will blame you for reacting to them.

I wish you the best of luck Nuke. But aren't you forgetting someone? Starts with P and ends with K.

This forum is great because some of these guys have a lot of knowledge to share and, more importantly, they have a pervading love for striking that manifests itself with each one of their posts.

You also missed Sinister who can be a major prick at times but only because he thinks about boxing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

what you have to learn is that everytime you answer a troll he wins. its called feeding the troll in internet speak.the reason why you so much flack is because your always arguing with trolls.

nobody hates on the trolls because to them they are just fulfilling their role but they will blame you for reacting to them.

Yup. Part of the blame fall on me. I am too scrappy for my own good. Hopefully i wont fall into the same hole again.

I wish you the best of luck Nuke. But aren't you forgetting someone? Starts with P and ends with K.

This forum is great because some of these guys have a lot of knowledge to share and, more importantly, they have a pervading love for striking that manifests itself with each one of their posts.

You also missed Sinister who can be a major prick at times but only because he thinks about boxing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Payak? Lol
As for Sinister, i already thanked him elsewhere. The best i can do to thank him is to continually improve myself and not get into shits like this again. Otherwise, i just fail him hard.

Where in Aus. are you going to be training?

hey i just read the old thread dude you got in so much arguments after ours i just barely rememberd we argued lol atleast you dont give up . I dont want to seem like a douche or anything even tho i know i am being one right now but dam you got a shit load of people pissed man you got to admit kounterpunch made good points tho. and just in case sinister sees this i dont want to make a thread so im just gna ask here for old school boxing where is your head placement ? also double jabs they are like my weakness i always get hit by them lol what kind of drills should i do? or what should i do ?

also you need to find your balance you get off balance alot and you step to heavy sometimes for no reason also i remember reading sinister's post a while ago clearing up all of the stuff saying about having the hand out not down it seems like your hand is more down than out you know. and having that hand out far will that make the jab weaker i know it will be faster and more accurate but will it be weaker or will the step give it just enough pop?

hey i just read the old thread dude you got in so much arguments after ours i just barely rememberd we argued lol atleast you dont give up . I dont want to seem like a douche or anything even tho i know i am being one right now but dam you got a shit load of people pissed man you got to admit kounterpunch made good points tho. and just in case sinister sees this i dont want to make a thread so im just gna ask here for old school boxing where is your head placement ? also double jabs they are like my weakness i always get hit by them lol what kind of drills should i do? or what should i do ?

also you need to find your balance you get off balance alot and you step to heavy sometimes for no reason also i remember reading sinister's post a while ago clearing up all of the stuff saying about having the hand out not down it seems like your hand is more down than out you know. and having that hand out far will that make the jab weaker i know it will be faster and more accurate but will it be weaker or will the step give it just enough pop?

KounterPunch just rehashed old shits, trolling and deliberately twisted my words around. He may make sense in a couple of posts, but the rest are just are balantly attempts to derail my thread. As for others, they can try to slander or express their needs to punch my face in, but what they are doing is all behind a keyboard and a monitor. I just put all of them on my ignore list and be a bigger man, since that's as far as they will go.

My hands are UP and OUT. I'm pretty sure my rear hand is on upper rib level while lead hand is on mid rib level and pointing toward the other guy's centreline. It may look like it is down, but it is not. Theoritically, long as i have proper torque and weight transfer between punch while keeping my elbow down in delivery, it will have plenty of power to bust the other guys' face since every jabs throw that way is essentially a power jab. And no, i'm not off balance, at least for the majority of the time in training anyway

As for your question, i think you should either PM him or make a brand new thread. I don't think he will come to here.

^ so much denial in that post !

Lol @ KP "trying to derail" your threads.

It seems to me that most of the time, when someone has criticisms, you just rehash overly complicated theories on why so and so placements/positions actually give you an advantage against anyone, doing anything, sometimes followed by videos of pro athletes somehow employing what you think you are doing do win championships.

^ so much denial in that post !

Okay not trying to start an argument (again) but I think your way over thinking things, nuke.. Like that post its all over complicated theory..

Fills us in when you finally find a decent gym in sydney, you need more practice than theory

Meh, i'm not going to argue with anyone anymore because no matter how i try you guys ain't gonna accept that what I am doing is fundamental stuffs. Even with Sinister's explanation you guys still think what i am doing it is over complicated theory. It isnt. Try to read more or better yet, ask Sinister himself via PM about his ways of combat.

And there have been plenty of people giving me their critique and i accepted it gracefully if you havent notice. Try to read deeper. i have like 8 different threads. Are you sure you read them all?

Meh, i'm not going to argue with anyone anymore because no matter how i try you guys ain't gonna accept that what I am doing is fundamental stuffs. Even with Sinister's explanation you guys still think what i am doing it is over complicated theory. It isnt. Try to read more or better yet, ask Sinister himself via PM about his ways of combat.

And there have been plenty of people giving me their critique and i accepted it gracefully if you havent notice. Try to read deeper. i have like 8 different threads. Are you sure you read them all?

But how are you applying those fundamentals?

If it was simple fundamental stuff you could have done something against the "brawling douchebag" or those karate guys.

The very problem is that you think that what you are doing is what you think you're doing. You fail to realize that although you can write a paragraph explaining why this or that gives you the edge against any type of attack/opponent. Ignoring the fact that the deepest you've ever gone into self-criticism is "i'm too scrappy for my own good" or other kinds of positive-negatives.

If it was simple fundamental stuff you could have done something against the "brawling douchebag" or those karate guys.

The very problem is that you think that what you are doing is what you think you're doing. You fail to realize that although you can write a paragraph explaining why this or that gives you the edge against any type of attack/opponent. Ignoring the fact that the deepest you've ever gone into self-criticism is "i'm too scrappy for my own good" or other kinds of positive-negatives.

Yeah he may have the theory right, from Sinisters... we all know he knows his boxing shit... but what Nuke really needs is a decent gym, sadly he refuses because they dont teach his version of fundamentals... just drink the koolaid (put your hands up for 1 second, every begginer has to do this, but you for some reason think you're too good for it and wanna skip it) and get some decent instruction man!! or you will get nowhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back