A bad buyrate for UFC 157 won't be the end of the world.

Level One

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One of the big discussions around here, regarding the buyrate and interest in UFC 157 which is of course headlined by Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche.

Much has been made about the fight, it's received an astonishingly negative reception and many hope it fails....for whatever reason.

But this fight is NOT make or break for Women's MMA, in a world where PPV costs 60 bucks a large group of fans may have to make a choice when it comes to their February UFC event.

Do they order the insanely stacked UFC 156? Featuring a super fight, the return of Overeem, Rashad Evans' first fight since losing to Jon Jones, along with Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia and Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall or do they wanna watch UFC 157.

So please, if the buys for 157 aren't stellar, keep this in mind.

I'm worried that nothing will be now that the Mayans have been proven wrong.

I dont think it will be a bad buy rate but if it is, no its not the end of the world.

Anyway Ronda is in a no win situation on sherdog. If it does good PPV numbers people will say its because of Hendo/Machida, if it does poorly it'll be because Ronda cant sell.

One of the big discussions around here, regarding the buyrate and interest in UFC 157 which is of course headlined by Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche.

Much has been made about the fight, it's received an astonishingly negative reception and many hope it fails....for whatever reason.

But this fight is NOT make or break for Women's MMA, in a world where PPV costs 60 bucks a large group of fans may have to make a choice when it comes to their February UFC event.

Do they order the insanely stacked UFC 156? Featuring a super fight, the return of Overeem, Rashad Evans' first fight since losing to Jon Jones, along with Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia and Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall or do they wanna watch UFC 157.

So please, if the buys for 157 aren't stellar, keep this in mind.

I agree. I think the make or break fight for women's MMA will be Cyborg vs Rousey

And if it is a bad buyrate, there's already a theme song . . .

DFW folds the women's Div, or gives RR an immediate rematch/title shot.

I'm worried that nothing will be now that the Mayans have been proven wrong.

oh yeah! i forgot about that - the world was supposed to end - damn, i was looking forward to not having to pay back my student loans -
shit, now i need a plan b

I see the buyrates being over 500k. ESPN will be all over this event.

It is tough for me to see them climbing that high, when the last card she headlined which was free on television did 475k. I am hoping this card does well but I personally will spend my money on 156 that month.

I agree. I think the make or break fight for women's MMA will be Cyborg vs Rousey

Gina vs. Cyborg was the beauty vs the beast fight.

Ronda vs. Cyborg is The Butch girl that looks ok in full makeup vs. the Beast, not as interesting.

Back