97,000 Gallons of Red Wine Spills From Tank at Sonoma Co. Vineyard

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
More than 97,000 gallons of red wine spilled from a tank at a vineyard in Sonoma County and eventually leaked into the Russian River, an accident officials said could hurt water quality in the 110-mile tributary flowing into the Pacific Ocean.
The cabernet sauvignon, enough to fill eight large tanker trucks, spilled at the Rodney Strong Vineyards in Healdsburg Wednesday after a door near the bottom of a large blending tank popped open, spilling all of the wine it was holding into a sanitary sewer system on the property.
The wine spilled into a drainage ditch that feeds into Reiman Creek and eventually made its way to the Russian River.

According to the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, which was notified of the accident on Wednesday, about 20% of the 97,112 gallons spilled were contained. Estimates showed anywhere between 46,000 and 96,000 gallons reached the Russian River.
The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office helicopter determined the wine reached as far south as Riverfront Regional Park within a matter of hours.
Rodney Strong contracted with two vacuum truck operators to clean up the spill, and tried to assemble a dam in the creek, Elson said. The containment measure was unsuccessful, since water was flowing faster because of the recent rains.

https://ktla.com/2020/01/23/97000-g...-sonoma-co-vineyard-leaks-into-russian-river/

sounds like they...turned...water...into ...wine...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!
HideousArcticEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

I heard about this somewhere else. On the grapevine in fact....

I’m Russia religion overtones you

Yeah. I mean it like “tsk tsk shaking my head”, not like “they’re are screwing over California
no I mean like it is the sort of ironic comical thing that would happen in California like if the giant slot machine in las vegas caused a catastrophe.

no I mean like it is the sort of ironic comical thing that would happen in California like if the giant slot machine in las vegas caused a catastrophe.
Yeah that’s kind of what I was getting at too :p
Made even more ironic by the “environmentalists” there

I dont get how wine getting into water is that toxic.

I dont get how wine getting into water is that toxic.
To the ecosystem? Minor changes in ph can cause massive damage. Wine is acidic. That’s not to mention that alcohol is basically poisonous and all the sugar dumped in the water.

It will probably sore itself out fairly quickly but it is a bit of a disaster. This is guessing from me though I didn’t look it up.

I felt like I drank 97,000 gallons of wine last night. Chinese New Years celebration, it wasn't big but the wine was flowing. At least my tooth doesn't hurt this morning.

Fucking California commies freely distributing Wine to everybody via Rivers.

Could have been worse - it will just dilute.

Now oil spills . . . <{clintugh}><41><{cruzshake}>

damn. that's fucking tragic. that's a shitload of wine i could have drank this weekend.

Back