92k New Cases

We never did a uniform lock down in all states. That's where we missed up I believe. We allowed travel between the states too .

I don't know what the right answer is but I was arguing that the flu bros should admit they were wrong .

You are 100% right here. We did half-assed lockdowns that didn't even last a month instead of an actual lockdown. The flu bros are still whining about restrictions, what is not open any longer? Here in Ohio it's pretty much just movie theaters and concert venues that are still shut down. Oh and we have to close bars at 11 instead of 2.

It's going to be a long winter for everyone when they see this combined with flu cases.

Jaysus

Wtf is going on

Sorry I’m shit posting. It’s all I know how to do.

how could I make this thread worthy? links

nytimes

The United States recorded more than 92,000 coronavirus cases on Friday, a level reached for the first time since the pandemic began. After eight months battling the virus, two dozen states are reporting weekly records for new cases — and none are recording improvements.

Eleven states reported single-day records for new cases on Friday: Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio and Maine. And two states hit record deaths: Tennessee with 78 and Montana with 27.”

WSJ

Advances in Covid-19 treatment have shortened hospital stays, easing capacity strains. But doctors and health-care disaster experts say the gains are not enough to meet a sustained rise in hospitalizations, particularly in remote pockets of the country that have smaller hospitals and fewer medical professionals.

Nationally, a spring surge of Covid-19 hospitalizations peaked in mid-April and was followed by a second wave in late July. The latest rise began in late September, data from the Covid Tracking Project show, with the...”

{<redford}

Hey, do you mind putting the new deaths as well???? I am seeing a 0.7% to 1% fatality rate so far for these new cases. Also, America only please because fuck third world shitholes.

It's insane to compare this to the Black Death. It's not anywhere near the same thing. This is very similar to an influenza pandemic. For those with a functioning immune system they are almost certain to either not even get symptoms (over 80%) or have very mild symptoms. It's vulnerable people that are at risk from this virus, just like with the flu or the vast majority of all viruses and infections.

My point is, will people act the same if a black plague virus returns... You will always have deniers that will cost others life. If we can't handle something like covid, we are screwed in the future .

Lockdowns are just going to add to the destruction.

So what's your plan when a even worst virus pops up one day? That's way worse than the black plague?

Muricans going to fight lockdowns or basic instructions to not spread diseases .

Poland is going crazy right now. They were pretty much untouched during the first wave, not so much now. Deaths since september:

1110791-blank-355.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1110791/poland-daily-number-of-deaths/

Poland's health system faces collapse amid COVID-19 crisis
https://www.dw.com/en/polands-health-system-faces-collapse-amid-covid-19-crisis/a-55455561

Where's the corona merged thread btw?

Lol, they're gonna do anything and everything to discourage people from voting for Trump. I can't believe people get suckered in by this theater. Nothing more than make believe.
Isn’t this great news for Trump? Trump supporters don’t care about Covid, while Biden supporters do. This kind of news will make Biden supporters stay home during the election, while Trump supporters will go vote because the don’t believe in Covid.

If I were you I would be spreading this news far and wide.

My point is, will people act the same if a black plague virus returns... You will always have deniers that will cost others life. If we can't handle something like covid, we are screwed in the future .
I think if we have a disease that has a high death rate and doesn't just mainly affect people with weakened immune systems people are going to be legitimately afraid of catching it. What worries me most is how the number one priority recommended to tackle this virus is increasing testing. Instead of spending billions on testing the money could have been spent on building pandemic hospitals so if this happens again with a more dangerous virus then we are at least somewhat prepared. If a deadly pandemic comes along next we still aren't prepared to deal with it which is a depressing thought when we look at how much money our governments spent already on this virus.

I think if we have a disease that has a high death rate and doesn't just mainly affect people with weakened immune systems people are going to be legitimately afraid of catching it. What worries me most is how the number one priority recommended to tackle this virus is increasing testing. Instead of spending billions on testing the money could have been spent on building pandemic hospitals so if this happens again with a more dangerous virus then we are at least somewhat prepared. If a deadly pandemic comes along next we still aren't prepared to deal with it which is a depressing thought when we look at how much money our governments spent already on this virus.

I agree for the most part but the blame falls more on the people than government. People can't even follow basic guidelines without throwing a fit .

Even if a more deadlier virus rises, you and I know you will have none believers even with people dieing around them. We are screwed.

New actual cases or more bullshit from the flawed Coronavirus test? It is amazing how many people have had it but showed little to no symptoms.

It's better we don't count those. Also better that those that died with Covid rather than by Covid are tracked as killed by Covid. We need to make sure the stats support the narrative.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-31_13-11-51.png
    upload_2020-10-31_13-11-51.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
It's very simple actually . You. Can. Not. Control. This. Virus. Lockdowns are harmful,and a cloth mask on your face is a reasonable but decent solution at best. The varying degree of symptoms makes it hard to navigate and total number of cases alone isn't a huge indication of anything we don't already know (it's extremely contagious).

It's very simple actually . You. Can. Not. Control. This. Virus. Lockdowns are harmful,and a cloth mask on your face is a reasonable but decent solution at best. The varying degree of symptoms makes it hard to navigate and total number of cases alone isn't a huge indication of anything we don't already know (it's extremely contagious).

Maybe you can't control the virus completely but you can still do a much better job of managing it than the US has been doing.

Maybe you can't control the virus completely but you can still do a much better job of managing it than the US has been doing.
Sure, but other countries have taken major steps to mitigate and still gotten slammed with cases. Several different states have taken turns getting slammed with cases at various different points throughout this pandemic with various different measures

Back