92k New Cases

I wonder if people who died from the black plauge in europe thought the same way.

No, we don't need to lockdown! While 3/4 of the their population was wiped .

Muricans think that a virus like that won't ever show up again? They can't even handle something like covid... We are doomed smh.

Technically yes we are doomed. All species are. Every species goes extinct eventually.

But Covid isn't even CLOSE to a species killer. It won't come close to 70 million (1%) dead and even if it did that would hardly slow down our exponential population growth. We added over 5 BILLION people in the last century alone.

You just don't have any clue what you're talking about I'm afraid.

Technically yes we are doomed. All species are. Every species goes extinct eventually.

But Covid isn't even CLOSE to a species killer. It won't come close to 70 million (1%) dead and even if it did that would hardly slow down our exponential population growth. We added over 5 BILLION people in the last century alone.

You just don't have any clue what you're talking about I'm afraid.

Obviously I do because it doesn't matter if we add people. You're not including all the heartache of loss ones.

You can tell your immature by not even addressing how these losses are actual people with hopes and dreams who lives were taking by a virus.

You lack empathy and character. You need to grow up.

Obviously I do because it doesn't matter if we add people. You're not including all the heartache of loss ones.

You can tell your immature by not even addressing how these losses are actual people with hopes and dreams who lives were taking by a virus.

You lack empathy and character. You need to grow up.

The vast majority of the people dying are in their 80s. They already accomplished their hopes and dreams.

People die in preventable ways every day. That's just part of life.

Grow up? Lol. Get an education.

The vast majority of the people dying are in their 80s. They already accomplished their hopes and dreams.

Young people have died from it too not just the old.

Tell that to people whos family members couldn't visit their dieing love ones.

Imagine those people who died alone and scared with covid. Not even able to say goodbye.

These things do matter more than anything you say.

You think the old don't have the right to life as the young? You really have some issues.

Humans were here before the stock market and economy. It not the end all be all of everything important.

Link to 800k dead from the flu in 2018 in the US? Sounds a bit high. The cdc estimate from that season is 61k
My bad that was 800,000 hospitalisations. 61,000 deaths that year you're right

We're heading for a second lockdown here in the UK as well. But schools will stay open i.e. the driving fore behind the resurgent covid rate.

We had 800 with 24 hospitalizations. How many people going to the hospital is the important number.

"NPR has obtained documents that give a snapshot of data the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services collects and analyzes daily. The documents — reports sent to agency staffers — highlight trends in hospitalizations and pinpoint cities nearing full hospital capacity and facilities under stress. They paint a granular picture of the strain on hospitals across the country that could help local citizens decide when to take extra precautions against COVID-19."

Internal Documents Reveal COVID-19 Hospitalization Data The Government Keeps Hidden
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...hospitalization-data-the-government-keeps-hid

Several areas have hospitals nearing capacity already... it's not even November.

We're heading for a second lockdown here in the UK as well. But schools will stay open i.e. the driving fore behind the resurgent covid rate.

We opened all the schools (like Trump said to), and our Covid numbers immediately went ape shit.

Kids do not social distance. Little kids can't... and they don't have hygiene. Teenagers won't.

My bad that was 800,000 hospitalisations. 61,000 deaths that year you're right
No big deal. You were only off by a factor of 10.5.

I was told that Coronavirus was over...

Trump’s COVID Task Force Is Livid Over the Trump White House’s ‘We Ended COVID’ Report

"In a statement released Tuesday afternoon the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy said that it considered “ending the COVID-19 pandemic” to be one of President Donald Trump’s major first term accomplishments. The office released a corresponding report that listed achievements of the Trump administration in the area of science and innovation."

Trump’s COVID Task Force Is Livid Over The Trump White House’s ‘We Ended COVID’ Report (thedailybeast.com)
I've heard about spiking the ball on the one yard line before... but this is like spiking the ball on your own one yard line.

Last edited:
You can not go to parties and wear a mask and stand far apart from people at the coffee shop
Well then you’ll be happy to know I don’t go to coffee shops or have parties anything else?

We never did a uniform lock down in all states. That's where we missed up I believe. We allowed travel between the states too .

I don't know what the right answer is but I was arguing that the flu bros should admit they were wrong .
Lockdowns are just going to add to the destruction.

average cost of being hospitalized for Covid is pretty much the same as the average yearly salary for Americans. Considering the debt per American was already at an all time high before Covid hit, a single family member contracting a bad case would financially ruin most Americans hopes and dreams.

There’s too often a life changing cost to getting better. A hospital stay for Covid is averaging $30k-$46k not including lasting effects to organs like the brain and lungs we aren’t close to fully comprehending. This is pretty much the average yearly salary for an American. A single family member going to the ICU for Covid is financially devastating to the average family.
are you in health care? Sorry I just got you're message too

average cost of being hospitalized for Covid is pretty much the same as the average yearly salary for Americans. Considering the debt per American was already at an all time high before Covid hit, a single family member contracting a bad case would financially ruin most Americans hopes and dreams.

So will being locked down for a year.

Young people have died from it too not just the old.

Tell that to people whos family members couldn't visit their dieing love ones.

Imagine those people who died alone and scared with covid. Not even able to say goodbye.

These things do matter more than anything you say.

You think the old don't have the right to life as the young? You really have some issues.

Humans were here before the stock market and economy. It not the end all be all of everything important.

Waah waah emotional appeals. Welcome to reality. If you get hit by a bus you don't get to say bye either.

COVID-19 smartphone app can tell if you’re an asymptomatic carrier — by the way you cough
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — As millions of people worldwide battle the symptoms of COVID-19, a group of “silent patients” may not even know they’re sick and spreading the virus. Asymptomatic people, by definition, have no physical symptoms of the illnesses they carry. Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) however, say they may be showing symptoms after all — in the sound of their cough. Their study has created an artificial intelligence program that can identify if someone has coronavirus by the way their coughing sounds.

Researchers programmed their AI model with thousands of different recorded coughs from both healthy and sick volunteers. When they fed in recordings of new patients, the system accurately detected 98.5 percent of coughs coming from people with a confirmed case of COVID-19. AI also successfully picked out 100 percent of asymptomatic cases from volunteers who reported not having any symptoms but tested positive for the virus.

The team is now working on turning their model into a user-friendly app. If approved by the Food and Drug Administration, the app would give people a non-invasive and quick way to screen themselves during the pandemic daily.
<JackieThumbsUp>

I wonder if people who died from the black plauge in europe thought the same way.

No, we don't need to lockdown! While 3/4 of the their population was wiped .

Muricans think that a virus like that won't ever show up again? They can't even handle something like covid... We are doomed smh.
It's insane to compare this to the Black Death. It's not anywhere near the same thing. This is very similar to an influenza pandemic. For those with a functioning immune system they are almost certain to either not even get symptoms (over 80%) or have very mild symptoms. It's vulnerable people that are at risk from this virus, just like with the flu or the vast majority of all viruses and infections.

If only the rest of the world was more like China nobody would have it any more.
Go China!

Back