• Shooting Guard: Michael Jordan.
  • Point Guard: Magic Johnson

Redeem team starting 5

•Center: Dwight Howard
•power forward : Carmelo Anthony
•small forward : LeBron James
•shooting guard : Kobe Bryant
• point guard : Chris Paul

International rules favor the Dream Team. The shorter game length and smaller court favor the older players. And the shorter 3 pt. line favors the better shooters (Bird, Mullin, Stockton). Another huge factor would be that the International game has, iirc, no defensive 3 seconf rule and you can basically goaltend as long as the ball is above the rim. Those two rules favor the bigs. And the Dream Team had Patrick Ewing and David Robinson to put in the paint. Dream Team takes this matchup

Literally google any series in which the Bulls played in, do the Bulls vs the Pistons and watch the game. They weren't physical, almost all of the fouls called on the players were routine. They just talked shit and got uppity when they disagreed and people think its "toughness" or that doesn't happen in todays game
oh, I thought you had a video "proving" your point. not just your opinion when watching. My bad, so there is no proof. But yea, even in the worst flopping back then, it paled in comparison to Lebron. Nobody was falling down on contact to the hand.

oh, I thought you had a video "proving" your point. not just your opinion when watching. My bad, so there is no proof. But yea, even in the worst flopping back then, it paled in comparison to Lebron. Nobody was falling down on contact to the hand.

Ok dipshit, I'll feed the fucking baby

I don't even like the stats Jimmy used, there are some issues, but for the most part he's right. Only reason it's ever "more physical" is because guys drove to the basket more in a stacked box.

Now shut the fuck up and next time you wanna peep up you might wanna put my cock in your mouth before you sound like a fucking retard again

I'd lean towards the Redeem Team. They had better athletes (overall) and better players off the bench.

Bird would have no business trying to defend either Lebron or Melo at that point of his career...
Overall, the Redeem Team just matches up better in my eyes. The Dream Team's best bet would be to dump it down low and play the inside out game (which they would probably do and be successful at for the most part) as Ewing and Barkley would best Melo and Howard on the boards. However, it wouldn't be a complete wash. 2008 Howard was one the greatest specimens to ever play the game of basketball in terms of size, agility and speed combined. He would without a doubt be the better athlete than Ewing.

You seem to think it will be ewing vs howard and bird vs lebron. Thats wrong. Bird would play limited minutes. David Robinson would nullify howard. Robinson is howard but better in every way. Also, you made no mention of who would actually be guarding lebron.. PIPPEN.

International rules favor the Dream Team. The shorter game length and smaller court favor the older players. And the shorter 3 pt. line favors the better shooters (Bird, Mullin, Stockton). Another huge factor would be that the International game has, iirc, no defensive 3 seconf rule and you can basically goaltend as long as the ball is above the rim. Those two rules favor the bigs. And the Dream Team had Patrick Ewing and David Robinson to put in the paint. Dream Team takes this matchup
the smaller 3 point line does not favor the dream team team at all. The nba experimented with the shorter 3 line and the results were that it shortened spacing and actually allowed defenders to clog the lane even more since they didnt have as much distance to close out on. Plus great shooters dont benefit from shorter distances, average shooters do. I believe it was reggie miller who said the nba shortening the 3 line was terrible for actual good shooters who dont need an extra foot or two. the no defensive 3 seconds helps bigs when they are playing defense but i dont see it helping them on offense where once again there is a rule that allows for more clogging of the lane. Add in the international rule of the larger lane that forced bigs to start their offense from further away from the rim. The dream team bigs were still able to dominate despite these disadvantages because the rest of the world had baby soft bigs back then who all looked like they never saw a weight room.

You seem to think it will be ewing vs howard and bird vs lebron. Thats wrong. Bird would play limited minutes. David Robinson would nullify howard. Robinson is howard but better in every way. Also, you made no mention of who would actually be guarding lebron.. PIPPEN.

Howard doesn't need be a go to guy, so I don't see how he would be nullified? Physicality wise, he matches up extremely well against Robinson.

Pippen would surely make it tougher on Lebron than Bird would, but even he would be overmatched. We're talking about a 205lbs athlete trying to guard a 250lbs athlete. Over the course of a 7 game series, how do you see that playing out?

No team with Carmelo as a starter is winning anything especially if Kobe is also a starter.

Not enough ball movement, not enough involvement of other teammates.

How about the Dream team against the '17 Warriors? I know someone will say that the dream team was "rougher" but that Warriors team had goons too (Zaza and David West) to name a couple.

No team with Carmelo as a starter is winning anything especially if Kobe is also a starter.

Not enough ball movement, not enough involvement of other teammates.

The 08 FIBA championship trophy says otherwise. That team was truly composed of unselfish individuals. They put all of the ego's aside and worked cohesively. Wade led them in scoring off the bench for crying out loud.

LMFAO. Imagine analyzing dream vs redeem team and honing in on the David Robinson/Slight Coward matchup, and "PIPPEN". LOL.

This is the level of analysis we're dealing with here folks.

"PIPPEN"

ROFL

2008 Spain would beat the dream team if we're being honest. The revisionist history on display here is laughable to say the least.

LMFAO. Imagine analyzing dream vs redeem team and honing in on the David Robinson/Slight Coward matchup, and "PIPPEN". LOL.

This is the level of analysis we're dealing with here folks.

"PIPPEN"

ROFL
Uh.. i was replying to a guy that said no one was going to be able to stop howard and lebron... so i counterpointed with robinson and pippen.. are you dense?

Enough to 21-0 you with hilarious ease.

"PIPPEN"
If you think 1992 pippen was a nobody and no good at defense then youre just a troll. No point in even debating qith someone that only knows bball from playing video games. And the 21-0 comment.. ok. I played and my old man played pro in europe and coached after. So im sure you could. I bet im more than a foot taller than you lol, keyboard baller.

If you think 1992 pippen was a nobody and no good at defense then youre just a troll. No point in even debating qith someone that only knows bball from playing video games. And the 21-0 comment.. ok. I played and my old man played pro in europe and coached after. So im sure you could. I bet im more than a foot taller than you lol, keyboard baller.

I played in college, you're all trash, and I was trash.

Back