90s Top HW Boxers vs. Klitschkos.

power-athlete

pro sherdog poster
Reaction score
I wonder how Klitschkos would stand against those Boxers of the past,what do you guys think ?

Riddick Bowe
Tony Tucker
Larry Holmes

I can see the Klitschko's beating Bowe and Tucker.
Holmes is a toss up. Are we talkin prime Holmes or just the 90s version?

At any rate these matchups are also interesting:

- Klitschkos vs Andrew Golota
- Klitschkos vs 90s Holyfield
- Klitschkos vs 90s Tyson
- Klitschkos vs 90s Foreman

I think the Klitschko brother take all those fights. (The 90's version of Holmes not the guy who was the champ for the better part of the 80's because that guy would beat them both I believe.)

I can see the Klitschko's beating Bowe and Tucker.
Holmes is a toss up. Are we talkin prime Holmes or just the 90s version?

At any rate these matchups are also interesting:

- Klitschkos vs Andrew Golota
- Klitschkos vs 90s Holyfield
- Klitschkos vs 90s Tyson
- Klitschkos vs 90s Foreman

Foreman is a problem for both of them and I don't think it ends well for them. Tyson I'm torn on because the best of him in the 90's still has alot of his head movement and obviously the power but I believe Vitali's chin is good enough to stand up to the pressure of the Tyson storm in the first round or 2 and I believe he gets a late KO similar to the first fight against Holyfield. Wlad is a different story and I think he folds when he feels the power. I believe they both beat Golata and (I'm going out on a limb here) Holyfield also because of the natural size advantage they had and they both have the boxing ability to stay on the outside and the intelligence to not get needless exchanges.

The best heavyweight of the 90ies hasn't been named yet: Lennox Lewis.

Of course the division was better in the 90ies ...Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield, Morrison, Foreman, Moorer, Golota, Mercer, Briggs, Ruddock, Tua, Mavrovic, Ibeabuchi, Botha. Obviously the Klit's would lose a couple of times here... Lewis, Bowe, Foreman and Holy cause the biggest problems, but Tyson, Ruddock, Mavrovic, Mercer, Tua, Briggs and Ibeabuchi were dangerous too.

When you compare them to today: Peter, Chagaev, Haye, Chambers, Arreola, Thompson, Ibragimov, Adamek. I can barely name 10 ok-heavyweights.

Larry Holmes was not a top HW of the 90s, however 1980s larry is one of the grestest HWs of all time, and he beats either brother in the early 80s.
Bowe in his prime (all 12 months of it) is a formidable fighter, and again he beats either brother.
Tucker of the 90s loses, however 1980s Tucker was a great fighter, but I see him also losing by UD to either brother. They would get behind the jab, and frustrate Tony IMO.

Prime Bowe and prime Lewis would destroy both of them.

They would out-jab Wladimir and out-brawl Vitali.

I seriously think Riddick Bowe with his iron chin would have TKOed Klitschkos.
Look at his fight with Holyfield he took massive blows from Holyfield,and it was like nothing...

I seriously think Riddick Bowe with his iron chin would have TKOed Klitschkos.
Look at his fight with Holyfield he took massive blows from Holyfield,and it was like nothing...

Well, Holyfield never has never been a big puncher at Heavyweight. Bur Riddick took MASSIVE shots from Golota.

Well I think both Klitschko's would be at the top of the rankings in the 90's. Right up there with Bowe, Lewis, Tyson. If you think about it....who did Bowe ever face in his prime that had the size,skill,and power that the Klitschko's had. Holyfield obviously had alot of skill but lacked the power and the size both of them had. The only guy with he faced with the same size,skill, and power was Lewis in the amateurs and we all know the outcome. Holyfield would have gave them both a fight but Wladimir hits harder than Bowe did and his jab is just as good. He also would not let Evander fight on the inside like Bowe did and he would tie him up.....Vitali would do the same. UD Win or late knockout for both brothers imo.

We all know Tyson had problems with taller boxers. Mitch Green, Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis. The Klitschko's are both masters at using their height and reach, both have great jabs and fast hands for big men, (especially Wladimir) and both imo would have a great shot at out boxing Mike or knocking him out late. It would look similar to Tyson v.s Douglas in my opinion

Now Lennox is a toss up for me. Lennox of the 90's against either bro would be incredibly interesting. Although Vitali gave Lewis a hell of a fight in 03 and in my opinion would have won a rematch....I think the Lewis that fought Briggs, Mercer, and Golotta would give him an even tougher fight. Would he have won?? That's a toss up for me. Now call me crazy but I think Wladimir would have been a tougher test for Lewis. His hand and foot speed, his jab, reach, along with his power would give Lewis a lot of problems. But at the same time...Lewis had the skill set to give Wlad problems. Another toss up for me! I would pay big money to see it though.

Vitali destroys them all . Only heavyweight in my mind that could challenge him is ali and foreman and even they would be toss up fights .

Heavyweight in the 90's were just as bad as the ones today they were nothing special .

Lennox Lewis was the best HW boxer of the 90s, nobody wanted to fight him, and thus, his popularity only started at the end of the 90s, but make no mistake, Lennox was the top heavyweight a long time before that.

Only heavyweight in my mind that could challenge him is ali and foreman and even they would be toss up fights .

Really? Because in my mind there are journeymen from the 40's and 50's who could KO the Klitschko's.

Really? Because in my mind there are journeymen from the 40's and 50's who could KO the Klitschko's.

Which journeyman from the 40s and 50s would 'whip' the Klitschkos? I'm interested in hearing this one...

How about a 45 year old Gene Tunney

You really undersell the Klitschkos. They're aren't the best heavyweights champs granted but not they're bums you make them out to be, they're a match up nightmare because of thier size and they way they use that size. Vitali in particular has never been stopped so I don't see random no names being able to beat/KO them.

Absolutely not... Vitali was beating him up pretty well until the cut.

LOL, up 4 rounds to 2 halfway through the fight, I mean thats COMPLETELY outside the realm of possibility that Lewis could win 5 more rounds innit. And that cut, it wasnt like it was from a legal punch. Keep bringing the hate, a 38 year older a fight or two away from retirement in any case, stopped your boy.

Back