90s MMA Jason DeLucia vs Guy Mezger

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think this would have been a very fun fight back in the day Jason versus Guy would have been fantastic you have 2 traditional martial artists who at the time both worked very hard to expand their skill set. Let's say in the late 90s in the UFC and has only one 15 minute round. I think I Guy comes out on top more often than not due to being the bigger man and has had more success against higher level competition but I think Jason would have made him fight very hard fight for Guy. it would have been a great bout.
20140801011731_Picture17.JPG

Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Weight 190 lb (86 kg; 14 st)

DeLucia practiced the Five Animals style of Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Aikido GJJ.
Holds wins over Masakatsu Funaki, Yuki Kondo, Kazuo Takahashi, Matt Hume, and Chris Lytle.
guy-mezger-ecf6836f-2ae9-4e21-8a44-e123ab66dce-resize-750.jpeg

Height 6 ft 1 in (185 cm)
Weight 200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)
Mezger practiced Kickboxing, Karate, Boxing, Submission Wrestling
Holds wins over Tito Ortiz, Masakatsu Funaki, Yuki Kondo, Semmy Schilt, and Minoru Suzuki.

Actually a close fight. Delucia was scrappy and his striking was no joke

Guy Metzger, heard of him but never saw anything from him

The Gracie in Action DeLucia video is pretty fun to watch

Where did you pull this idea from? (Guy wins).

Anybody remember from way back, Bas Rutten's sister on here? Bas was here, as well as DeLucia too- but I remember Rutten's sister going after Jason.

There was a lot of good shit talking on here.

Would depend on whether Delucia decided to use the dark arts and cast a spell on Guy.

Anybody remember from way back, Bas Rutten's sister on here? Bas was here, as well as DeLucia too- but I remember Rutten's sister going after Jason.

I like come up with good fights that did not go down.

Uhhh Guy would have whooped his ass. Guy was legit

Ever respect De Lucia's will to get in that level of scrappyness instead stay safe in some jade lotus temple kicking the air

(but i pick Guy to win)

Delucia was scrappy and his striking was no joke

The only wing chun guy to participate in NHB/MMA for more than 1 or 2 fights. He was a game fighter and ended up being more active than Royce, who gave him his first defeat. A Delucia-Royce rematch circa 1998-2000 would've also been good.

Ever respect De Lucia's will to get in that level of scrappyness instead stay safe in some jade lotus temple kicking the air

(but i pick Guy to win)
I feel the same way. But I think Jason would have made it a scrap.

The only wing chun guy to participate in NHB/MMA for more than 1 or 2 fights. He was a game fighter and ended up being more active than Royce, who gave him his first defeat. A Delucia-Royce rematch circa 1998-2000 would've also been good.

I never thought about that that would have been interesting.

I know it was to do with their fight... Jason kept accusing Bas of punching with a closed fist to get penalty points, which made him really, really angry - and we all know what angry Bas does.

The commentary by Bas on this fight is fucking epic. He absolutely hates Jason.

Last edited:

Would depend on whether Delucia decided to use the dark arts and cast a spell on Guy.

This thread probably:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/q-for-jason-delucia.163309/

Rutten answers on page 4 (his sister shows up first though)

Didn't he threaten to murder a Sherdogger at one point?

Back