90% of the press on Overeem is coming from JDS's camp

this fight is so important to the HW division, everyone knows what will happen with gsp diaz but this is crazy fight who knows who will win, I think jds is talking alot of shit to act like he wants to fight him because hes knows its inevitable anyways

Most of you are idiots....

There is a difference between "answering questions"

And

"the guys a cheater he does not deserve a title shot"

"He was made in a laboratory"

"I'm not afraid of a cheater"

"Overeem deserves a beating, I'll give it to him"

The best "Bigfoot is a more well rounded fighter"

If you are too stupid to see that this is a fixation, I feel sorry for you....

For whatever reason JDS has an obsession with AO, I seem to think this is odd because he has another very good competitor to worry about, and defending his belt against him...

Oh I see. So answering a question with an understandable bias toward someone, as opposed to a generic response is tantamount to obsession/fixation in your book? And anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot? Right, I understand. You're not showing your bias at all.

JDS has been gotten to. The Reem is coming JDS and the gifs will not save you.

If Overeem hadn't fucked up their scheduled fight because he was too scared to piss clean, I doubt JDS would bother.

Oh I see. So answering a question with an understandable bias toward someone, as opposed to a generic response is tantamount to obsession/fixation in your book? And anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot? Right, I understand. You're not showing your bias at all.

No absolutely the opposite;

Look at the big brain on brick....

Historically speaking when have you seen another recent fighter act such as this?

Chael Sonnen? selling a fight?

This is not a generic response, how long have you been watching MMA?

This would be a response I would expect in the archaic days of MMA when guys like Don Frye, Ken and Frank Shamrock, or Tank Abbott were relevant. Difference being that those guys hated each other.....

Maybe JDS "hates" Alistair Overeem, in that case then it does count as a fixation....

Historically speaking when have you seen another recent fighter act such as this?

This would be a response I would expect in the archaic days of MMA when guys like Don Frye, Ken and Frank Shamrock, or Tank Abbott were relevant. Difference being that those guys hated each other.....

Maybe JDS "hates" Alistair Overeem, in that case then it does count as a fixation....

I said as opposed to a generic response, as in it's not the generic "I'm only focused on my next opponent" routine.
To me it doesn't denote hate, just honesty. He may not like him but obsession/fixation is definitely a stretch.
Anyway my point was you cant conclude people are idiots just because they dont follow the same line of reasoning as you.

Damnit Overeem time to pick up the slack JDS can't do it all. :icon_lol:

You don't look like a troll so I will bite.

When JDS was informed by Helwani that Overeem said Junior was scared to fight him, his behavior towards the dutch changed quite a bit.

I'm no genius, but I figure that if you're about to fight a guy, and that guy was planning to cheat his way of taking what is rightfully yours, pisses very hot under the tutelage of one of the most well known roid docs in America, and then says you are scared to fight him... this is somewhat insulting.

Maybe JDS hates Overeem. Most probably he's just answering questions by journos that love, and need words. It's very expected that JDS doesn't thnk highly Of Overeem.

I don't mind it at all as I like fighters to not like each other. But can we drop this whole JDS is super nice and respectful thing. The guy talks a ton of shit lol.

He was nice until he fought Mir then he talked a lot of shit and was disrespectful to him saying he doesn't have heart and other stuff, it was strange, the guy who was known for being very nice was being a dick to the guy a lot of people either love or hate who was being respectful.

No, he's just responding questions, don't get that carried over.

He's answering ALOT of questions about someone he isn't even scheduled to fight.

The truth is that Overeem upset Dos Santos by saying Junior was afraid of him and Junior is constantly talking about him because he's mad.

Well no one is talking about this Cain fight because it's really way too soon for this rematch to be happening.

Everyone is way more excited for AO vs JDS due to the genuine bad blood. Plus to see Overeem face his first real test at HW.

obviously overeem is one of your fav fighters, so you prob dont see the more reasonable side, which is that the whole mma world was really disappointed to see him test positive, esp after the whole fleeing incident

both people speak their minds on the issue - jds has a lot to be irritated about, if you ask me

still, he has been pretty humble about it and has barely spoke out - esp considering how many interviews he has to do on the subject

Well no one is talking about this Cain fight because it's really way too soon for this rematch to be happening.

Everyone is way more excited for AO vs JDS due to the genuine bad blood. Plus to see Overeem face his first real test at HW.

I agree that it is too soon for a Cain rematch.
But actually it will be the 1st real test for JDS in the UFC as well when he fights Overeem.

obviously overeem is one of your fav fighters, so you prob dont see the more reasonable side, which is that the whole mma world was really disappointed to see him test positive, esp after the whole fleeing incident

both people speak their minds on the issue - jds has a lot to be irritated about, if you ask me

still, he has been pretty humble about it and has barely spoke out - esp considering how many interviews he has to do on the subject

JDS has been anything but humble. Lets stop perpetuating that myth.

Dos Santos wants to guarantee an Overeem fight whether he wins or loses, because he knows Alistair is a "free lunch" and doesn't want anyone else to capitalize on it before the hype train derails.

Dos Santos wants to guarantee an Overeem fight whether he wins or loses, because he knows Alistair is a "free lunch" and doesn't want anyone else to capitalize on it before the hype train derails.

Overeem wants the UFC HW belt and if JDS cant hold on to it then he doesnt deserve to have it at all.

JDS loses...Overeem beats down Cain.
JDS wins...Overeem beats down JDS.

Back