Crime 88 year old Chuck Grassley running for re-election

Why is it a problem for Grassley but not Feinstein?
Her net worth is over $58 million...
Your preaching to the choir.
I want term limits and campaign reform but we are so divided it will never happen in my lifetime.
It’s ridiculous that both sides have elected officials that have been in DC since the 80’s. they are too jaded to be able serve 95% of Americans.

Your preaching to the choir.
I want term limits and campaign reform but we are so divided it will never happen in my lifetime.
It’s ridiculous that both sides have elected officials that have been in DC since the 80’s. they are too jaded to be able serve 95% of Americans.
<{fry}>

Or Iowa is just full of old white people who see him as one of them.
You're from Chicago ffs. You really want to pull at the thread of places voting in complete incompetent disasters because of their race? Jesse Jackson's son won a congressional election there FROM A MENTAL INSTITUTION.

<36>

You're from Chicago ffs. You really want to pull at the thread of places voting in complete incompetent disasters because of their race? Jesse Jackson's son won a congressional election there FROM A MENTAL INSTITUTION.

<36>
I live in Chicago, I'm originally from Iowa.

Old entrenched mafia like power in politics is the same as the underworld. These old people would be enjoying retirement but instead are forced to live out their contracts. If you actually believe an 88 year old man loaded with money wants to keep working on the public eye you are as naive as they come. These people are prisoners.

lol What a pathetically shit take. Even for you.

I know old men in fairly shitty, not-highly respected jobs who refuse to retire when the time comes (and it has ZERO to do with the security of their retirement).

How much more is some old guy not going to want to retire whose job makes people bow at his feet in reverence over the power he wields in DC. Being a senator is Grassley's entire identity and reason for being.

I know old men in fairly shitty, not-highly respected jobs who refuse to retire when the time comes (and it has ZERO to do with the security of their retirement).

How much more is some old guy not going to want to retire whose job makes people bow at his feet in reverence over the power he wields in DC. Being a senator is Grassley's entire identity and reason for being.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with ultraman here. What's the alternative? Early bird breakfasts and playing golf? They'll want this job as long as they can roll out of bed in the morning.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with ultraman here. What's the alternative? Early bird breakfasts and playing golf? They'll want this job as long as they can roll out of bed in the morning.
History shows they'd try to cling onto the gig even after that.

While I wish the media would grill these dinosaurs on this topic, because there's just no way for an 88 year old man that's been a politician for decades to really be able to understand the needs of the people. It's highly, highly fucking unlikely, because it's not like these people are actually doing a lot of work within their communities.
Reporters should be asking them why they don't step down, and why they don't make room for new leadership.

That being said, we have a democracy. It's on the voters. I don't see how we can really complain about people that we voted in.

I always blame voters for the politicians. At the end of the day, we can vote out every single one of them.

I always blame voters for the politicians. At the end of the day, we can vote out every single one of them.
They figured out, that if they can convince the voters all the problems are one sides fault, that they will forget they have been there for 40 + years and all the problems their team blames the other team, they themselves have been present for all those problems.
Two party system sucks.

If only that were true. I can't vote out a senator from another state even though their actions affect all of us.

Well also being old sucks and as a man you feel useless your body is frail you are dying and on borrowed time

Having some political power is the best thing you can do to feel powerful, wanted, desired

Nobody will want to bang you willingly except maybe an equally old wife

Nobody wants to be around you a lot. Your body is done even if you were brock lesnar in old age an athletic teenager can beat you to death

Your penis doesnt work much anymorw and has shrinken you probably have no hair. You probably have man boobs and little if any muscle mass. You are super emotional due to failing testosterone and rising estrogen you are becoming more womanly

You cant party anymore and your time is up you also are closer to hell or no after life and you cant undo or even attempt to undo your mistakes. Regret also sits in and you may very well be super lonely and depressed due to your body failing and your hormone levels being messed up

Yep.
I don't get this argument about term limits in a free Democracy. If you want a 88 year old to represent and lead you, or a 21 year old, that should be your choice to make. I don't see a need for these arbitrary limits.

One of the biggest issues I see in the American democracy is that Americans act like they're not a part of the system. As if the government is just some shadow organization that isn't made up of elected people.
You either voted in the shitty politician , or you not voting helped them get into office. And when they do act against the will of the people, those who voted for them will just say "He's better than a Dem/Repub". You vote these guys in, and then don't hold them accountable.

OR, you let an incompetent moron volunteer to lead you instead of doing something about it yourself.
If you're letting "people with dementia" and idiots speak for you, then who is really the bigger idiot here?
They can only do what we collectively allow.

We need to cut off major political offices off at 60 for running. Senior citizens should not be deciding the future of a country.

glass houses an all, biden is literally the oldest president ever.

Back