Elections 81% of Dems Say They Will DEFINITELY NOT Vote For a Political Candidate Accused of Sexual Harassment

I guess we'll see.

Silicon Valley Dems Divided Over Biden Assault Allegations

As it has on a national scale, the question of whether there should be an independent investigation into Tara Reade’s sexual assault claim against Joe Biden has deepened divisions within the Santa Clara County Democratic Party.

Last week, a group of local Dems including Stanford law professor Michele Dauber, state Assembly candidate Alex Lee and Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority trustee Shay Franco-Clausen submitted a “Resolution to Believe All Women” to the local Democratic Central Committee.

The emergency resolution—sent to Party Chair Bill James less than an hour before the committee’s May 7 meeting—called for an impartial inquiry into the allegations and for Biden to pull out of the race if Reade’s testimony is deemed credible.

“Survivors and allies are tired of seeing powerful individuals, especially men, commit abuse freely without consequences,” read the statement authored by California Young Democrats Deputy Regional Director Jessica Matthew and fellow Dems Jennie Hutchinson and Johannes Muenzel.

For Matthew, the issue is personal. And for many Americans, the allegations took on new urgency after Reade spoke at length about them with ex-Fox host Megyn Kelly.

“As a survivor of sexual assault and harassment, I know how hard it is to come forward and share your story,” Matthew told Fly. “We are instantly judged, instantly silenced. Our pasts are looked at and scrutinized for reasons why we deserved it or asked for it. We need to believe women and take accusations of sexual assault seriously, no matter how much we respect and like the accused. Our local party platform states that we do not tolerate sexual harassment or assault and believe that all allegations should be investigated. That is exactly what we are asking.”

The Enough is Enough Voter Project led by Dauber began petitioning for an independent investigation into Reade’s claims on April 29 and, to this day, remains the only national women’s advocacy organization to do so. But the political action committee has since been joined by the New York Times editorial board and two Democratic U.S. senators.

“It’s incredibly disappointing that so many Democratic women leaders are defending Biden on the basis of his ‘good character’ and proclaiming that they do not believe Ms. Reade even though there has not yet been any real investigation,” Dauber said. “This sends the message to survivors that whether or not women leaders support you depends on who your assailant is and who his friends are. That is going to chill victims from coming forward. That is unacceptable.”

While 19 individuals signed on to the resolution, Silicon Valley party insiders say there are a number of members against the idea of scrutinizing Biden just months away from his run against another accused predator: Donald Trump.

https://www.sanjoseinside.com/the-fly/silicon-valley-dems-divided-over-biden-assault-allegations/

Last edited:
That survey was from September 2018 before Biden's accusation was publicized and 92% of have floored it in reverse. #believewomen is now #lyingwhores

I’m playing the low iq Trumper card. Blah blah blah, Biden didn’t do it and if he did than Biden was right for doing it. Biden is perfect and so are his kids, anyone who says otherwise has BDS and needs to stop talking about my perfect daddy

I’m playing the low iq Trumper card. Blah blah blah, Biden didn’t do it and if he did than Biden was right for doing it. Biden is perfect and so are his kids, anyone who says otherwise has BDS and needs to stop talking about my perfect daddy

"HEY, LOOK OVER THERE! NO, NOT HERE, NOT AT MY SIDE! THERE! THERE ARE THE BAD GUYS! OVER THERE!"

Put your Trump balloon avatar back on. It's fun to watch you pretend like you have better standards than the Trumpers instead of being the mirror of their shameless partisan ball licking MO.

"HEY, LOOK OVER THERE! NO, NOT HERE, NOT AT MY SIDE! THERE! THERE ARE THE BAD GUYS! OVER THERE!"

Put your Trump balloon avatar back on. It's fun to watch you pretend like you have better standards than the Trumpers instead of being the mirror of their shameless partisan ball licking MO.

I have infinitely higher morals and standards than the insanely low iq right. That is precisely what separates the left from the right. The left has morals. Sexual assault allegations can destroy a Democrat’s political career. For some reason when it’s a Republican it actually makes enhances their career

I guess we'll see.

Judging by all the hypocrites now exposing themselves en masse, from Capitol Hill to Hollywood to Sherdog, I think we can safely conclude that this self-proclaimed progressive moral standard is about as real as a Rolex from Wish.com

81% of Dems are brainwashed sheep. Accusations alone should never be a disqualifier.

I have infinitely higher morals and standards than the insanely low iq right. That is precisely what separates the left from the right. The left has morals.

Back-to-back self-expose and grand-standing, ladies and gents.

We expect nothing less from the one and only despicable WR poster who once saw a girl getting roofied by a rapist and simply looked away.

We expect nothing less from the one and only despicable WR poster who once saw a girl getting roofied by a rapist and simply looked away.

I think you're confusing the things people have said about @zebby23 with the things people have said about @Trotsky.

Unless there is a roofie story about both of them, which would be...weird.

Edit: Damn, nevermind.

"The Enough is Enough Voter Project led by Dauber began petitioning for an independent investigation into Reade’s claims on April 29 and, to this day, remains the only national women’s advocacy organization to do so. But the political action committee has since been joined by the New York Times editorial board and two Democratic U.S. senators."

{<BJPeen}<Dana05>
<{hughesimpress}><30>

Makes me sad that all these 128 orgs, plus many more, have their blinders on:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Feminist_organizations_in_the_United_States

The left has morals.

Then these orgs should show them, as they have before.

Last edited:

InvestigatorIL

I have infinitely higher morals and standards than the insanely low iq right. That is precisely what separates the left from the right. The left has morals. Sexual assault allegations can destroy a Democrat’s political career. For some reason when it’s a Republican it actually makes enhances their career

Ok Roy Moore.

Disgusting.
In his defense, at least @zebby23 knows that essentially being an accessory rape is something to ashamed of, unlike other members of this forum who continue to defend the cowardice of their youth.

That said, as a rape enabler, you're in no position to take the moral high ground, @zebby23

New poll shows that Republicans have become the party of #MeToo backlash
By Zack Beauchamp | Oct 3, 2018

F10_Candidates_Accused_of_Sexual_Harassment.png

A new poll is the latest evidence of a dramatic partisan breakdown over what to do about sexual assault allegations: A majority of Republicans are willing to support political candidates who face multiple accusations of sexual assault, while a vast majority of Democrats are not.

The poll, released on Wednesday morning by the nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute, asked a representative sample of Americans this question: “If a political candidate has been accused of sexual assault by multiple people, would you still consider voting for them if you agreed with them on the issues, or would you definitely not vote for them?”

Fifty-six percent of Republicans said they would consider voting for a candidate who had been accused by multiple people; only 34 percent said they would not. By contrast, 81 percent of Democrats said they would not vote for such a candidate, and only 16 percent said they’d consider it.

What’s going here is a classic divide over social change. The Democratic Party, in keeping with its social credo, has fully embraced the #MeToo movement: both its leaders and rank-and-file members committing to the idea that sexual assault is underreported and that victims deserve to be heard.

So this poll helps explain why Republicans are going forward with Kavanaugh, sure. But it also explains the growing divide over gender and social change in the United States — with Democrats embracing shifting norms and the GOP fully embodying its role as the party of backlash.

In a few months, when it's time to walk the walk, we will see how many honest people will actually lives up to their own moral standard for social justice, and how many dishonest people will be exposed to be every bit the shitty "for thee but not for me" hypocrites as the disgusting politicians in Washington.

If you are an honest and self-respecting Democrat with principles who steadfastly refuses to be a hypocrite, please check in here so the WR can give you the recognition that you deserve!

If you ARE a lying #MeToo hypocrite (which is even worse than the Republicans who were actually being honest in the poll), you may identify yourself as such with the usual deflecting and whataboutism instead, to cover up the fact that you actually have no real principles when it comes to #BelieveAllWomen after all.

Updated poll now that the shoe is on the other foot.

We already know that 81% of Dems, who "in keeping with their social credo, have fully embraced the #MeToo movement" and will NOT vote for a political candidate accused of sexual assault.

Now we learn that there's yet another 88% of Dems who says fuck their social credo and the #MeToo movement and WILL vote for a political candidate accused of sexual assault.

Most Democrats do not believe Tara Reade's allegation, say it will not impact their vote
By Jonathan Easley | May 18, 2020

images

The latest Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll finds that 55 percent of voters surveyed say they believe Reade, against 45 percent who say they do not believe she is telling the truth.

Seventy-eight percent of Republicans surveyed believe Reade, while 66 percent Democrats do not believe her. Fifty-six percent of independents believe Reade's allegation.

About two-thirds of Democrats say the allegation will not impact how they vote on Election Day. Fifty-six percent of independents said the allegation will not impact how they vote.

Biden leads President Trump in the poll 53 percent to 47 percent, with 88 percent of Democrats and 53 percent of independents saying they'll vote for Biden over Trump.

Reade's allegation has reached voters, with 81 percent overall saying they'd heard about the claims and 56 percent saying they've followed the story closely.

"The Tara Reade story has definitely broken through but most say it does not affect their vote for or against Biden," said Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll director Mark Penn.

Reade says that Biden sexually assaulted her in an empty corridor on Capitol Hill when she worked in his Senate office in 1993.

Biden denies the claims and top Democratic women have rallied to his defense to say that they do not believe Reade's allegations.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ra-reade-but-say-it-will-not-impact-their?amp

Last edited:
Kamala Harris believed Joe Biden’s accusers — until she didn’t
By Bethany Mandel | August 12, 2020​

USA-ELECTION_BIDEN-HARRIS-1.jpg

By the standard of her own ample public record, Kamala Harris has just joined the presidential campaign of a serial sexual abuser, Joe Biden.

It was during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings that we first learned that Harris harbors serious presidential aspirations. Her cross-examination of the future justice went viral, prompting Politico to speculate: “Kamala Harris Rides Kavanaugh Rage in Likely 2020 Bid.”

She later explained her hard-line position in an Atlantic magazine interview. Sexual assault, she said, “is an issue right now that is where the issue of domestic violence was about 30 years ago. … There was a perception about domestic violence: ‘Oh, you know, what happens in the king’s castle is the king’s business. That’s private business. That’s not our business.’ But then we evolved as a society. … I believe this is an inflection moment on the issue of sexual assault.”

The explicitly stated assumption behind all this was that the allegations against Kavanaugh, spurious, unproved and uncorroborated though they were, had to be believed — because women had made them.

Harris beefed up her #MeToo credentials later, making it clear she doesn’t just believe women accusing Republicans of sexual assault. All women had to be believed, including those who accused prominent Democrats. At a campaign event in Nevada in April 2019, Harris discussed the allegations against Biden, declaring of the accusers: “I believe them, and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it.”

So Biden is an abuser — because women have accused him, and all women should be believed. Right?

So what has changed since then? Sexual assault and harassment are some of the most serious allegations that can be leveled against a man. Harris now needs to account for why she is comfortable joining an abuser’s 2020 ticket. This isn’t some debate-stage policy disagreement she can just walk back, claiming she has “evolved.”

There are only two possibilities. One is that Harris didn’t, in fact, believe Biden’s accusers but claimed she did to score political points against him. If so, she used the very serious issue of sexual assault as a cheap political cudgel.

The other possibility is that she still believes the ex-veep’s accusers but is comfortable teaming up with an abuser (not to mention a racist, another charged accusation Harris has thrown Biden’s way).

After Harris ended her own bid and Biden emerged as the presumptive nominee, she began subtly backtracking. Asked on a podcast this April about former Senate aide Tara Reade’s accusation against Biden, Harris stated that Reade “has a right to tell her story.” Even so, “the Joe Biden I know is somebody who really has fought for women and empowerment of women.” Harris added that she would be “honored to serve with Joe.”

Note well the new standard: When the accusation is against a Republican foe, a woman is automatically to be believed, period, no questions asked. But when an accusation is less politically expedient, women are owed no more than the right to be “heard,” and the accused men deserve a fair hearing, as well.

That’s disgusting. How we treat assault and abuse allegations shouldn’t depend on the personal ambitions of Kamala Harris.

As it is, what are voters to make of a presidential candidate accused of sexual assault by multiple women — and a running mate who has stated on the record that she believes his accusers?

For the last several years, progressives have repeatedly claimed they seek the moral high ground against a Republican president with a checkered past with women. That moral high ground is now lost.

The fact that Harris so eagerly climbed aboard Joe’s bus says something about her character and what she really thinks about #MeToo. Far from the feminist icon she portrayed herself as during the Kavanaugh hearings, she personifies the left’s weaponization of assault for political ends. The biggest losers in this game are true victims of assault and abuse, who now face an even more daunting climb to being believed.

Harris’ addition to the Biden ticket, then, is not a great feminist achievement. Rather, it is a harsh blow to the feminist cause. Her decision to join Biden after accusing him of assault underscores, in a damning and irreversible way, how unseriously her party takes these issues when there are political ambitions at stake.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/kamala-harris-believed-joe-bidens-accusers-until-she-didnt/amp/

Back