80k tickets sold Joshua vs klitschko breaking records - Dejulez goes crazy

All champions cherry pick. It's different at the top in both sports like that... Boxing taught MMA that holding on the the belt for longer makes financial sense, but I don't agree that top fighters avoid eachother for longer. I think it's about the same time wise, but that's also because of how complicated it is, and there are so many more fighters.

c'mon - the champ in mma almost always faces the most compelling challenger in the world. and that rarely happens in boxing. and generally other top contenders fight tougher ranked fights more frequently.

Joshua is set to earn £6.5million which is around $8million US dollars. Conor earns between $10-$15 million as of late.

The UFC is more popular in boxing in the States right now though. It doesn't mean that it's going to be this way forever, but as of right now the UFC is crushing boxing in television ratings and PPV numbers.

/
Errol Spence had the most watch fight last year in the United States. Not the UFC.
Joshua is set to make way more than that, since he gets a cut of the PPV.
Also you damn well know that Conor doesnt make $10m
Conors never even made $8m. Floyd pointed that out and Dana and Conor didn't even dispute that.

I feel the need to point out that Canelo does more viewers in Mexico alone, than any UFC does globally.
Klitschko in Germany does the same thing.

boxings ranking system is absolutely laughable.
So is MMA's... MMA doesn't even have a real one - it's a load of opinions from either Dana himself or websites like this one and Tapology.

It's more similar to Wrestling than boxing in terms of how the big fights are set up...

I'm not saying boxing has this amazing and reliable ranking system, I'm just saying that MMA's is even worse.

He works like 5 days a month as a firefighter and that's only because he's bored
Oh yea, because hes bored?
That's the same thing the guy at the gas station told me, while he claimed he makes millions a year, while trying to enlist me into his pyramid scheme.
All cuz hes just bored.
Fuck youuuuuuuu.

outdrawn? It's in a venue and country that means next to nothing for them, try bringing those 2 to America they'd struggle to sell 20k tickets.
youre right the ufc regularly puts on events in america with 20k+ tickets sold

1414ba66327302d0d1e8d5136479153c.png

Yes this fight will do well, i love boxing and MMA. But there aren't many matchups in Boxing which draw mega bucks.

So is MMA's... MMA doesn't even have a real one - it's a load of opinions from either Dana himself or websites like this one and Tapology.

It's more similar to Wrestling than boxing in terms of how the big fights are set up...

I'm not saying boxing has this amazing and reliable ranking system, I'm just saying that MMA's is even worse.
I wouldn't say it's worse at all, you look at the #1 ranked fighter in a lot of boxing rankings and think it's a joke. Literally based on what promoter will pay them the most money.

Oh yea, because hes bored?
That's the same thing the guy at the gas station told me, while he claimed he makes millions a year, while trying to enlist me into his pyramid scheme.
All cuz hes just bored.
Fuck youuuuuuuu.
Except Stipe really did make millions... at least a million in the last year alone

youre right the ufc regularly puts on events in america with 20k+ tickets sold

1414ba66327302d0d1e8d5136479153c.png
Just noting the difference in economic climate between the 2 countries, Ronda Rousey sold something like 56,000 tix in Australia which is more impressive than 2 Europeans selling out a stadium in their home country.

Basically what I'm trying to say is bring them to America and it'll be almost irrelevant.

Except Stipe really did make millions... at least a million in the last year alone
Adrien Broner throws more change up in the air at Wal Mart than most UFC fighters make in a year.

c'mon - the champ in mma almost always faces the most compelling challenger in the world. and that rarely happens in boxing. and generally other top contenders fight tougher ranked fights more frequently.

That's only true in the ufc... I hate the idea of the UFC taking any more control than they have already... The champ tends to fight the top contender in the UFC because they have engineered their position to control most of the contracts... It didn't happen nearly so much when Pride was alive.

Just noting the difference in economic climate between the 2 countries, Ronda Rousey sold something like 56,000 tix in Australia which is more impressive than 2 Europeans selling out a stadium in their home country.

Basically what I'm trying to say is bring them to America and it'll be almost irrelevant.
klitschko is british got it thanks

Adrien Broner throws more change up in the air at Wal Mart than most UFC fighters make in a year.

And he couldn't beat a mixed martial artist in his own weight class down at the semi annual fairground fights

MMA isn't subject to Ali act so that point is redundant. The PPV will cost like $15 for any UK fight, US PPV is what everybody wants and that's what the UFC has.
The population in the UK is a small fraction of the United States, yet they will do over 1m ppvs in the UK.
They will do over 12m viewers in Germany.

The UFC would kill to have this type of big business fights.

And he couldn't beat a mixed martial artist in his own weight class down at the semi annual fairground fights
Yea, some slow D Level athlete plodding around a cage...Wow how scary.

klitschko is british got it thanks
Anthony Joshua is and he's one of the biggest stars to ever come out of the UK, you can keep clinging on to whatever you want but boxing fans sound like Taxi Cab drivers in the age of Uber, clinging on to anything they have left.

The UFC doesn't care what boxing is doing in some tiny country where the PPVs cost $18, neither does anybody else.

Boxing has been plummeting since Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, numbers prove it.

Anthony Joshua is and he's one of the biggest stars to ever come out of the UK, you can keep clinging on to whatever you want but boxing fans sound like Taxi Cab drivers in the age of Uber, clinging on to anything they have left.

The UFC doesn't care what boxing is doing in some tiny country where the PPVs cost $18, neither does anybody else.

Boxing has been plummeting since Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, numbers prove it.
Are you under the belief that people in the UK get paid in American dollars?

LOL come on now guy, we've seen the opponents that boxings "world champions" face. Pull somebody off the street and you'd get a better fight.
Or pull someone from a barista like they did for Cormier right?

Back