80k tickets sold Joshua vs klitschko breaking records - Dejulez goes crazy

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
50,000 tickets were sold in first period of ticket sales for the World Heavyweight unification blockbuster between Anthony Joshua MBE and Wladimir Klitschko on April 29 at Wembley Stadium Connected by EE.

Tickets which were available across Club Wembley, Matchroom Fightpass and on general sale via Wembley and StubHub have now sold out with the second batch of tickets to be released on January 16.

Coach packages have been made available in order to maximise the available capacity at Wembley and remain on sale via See Tickets by calling 0844 871 8808 or at www.seetickets.com with various pick up/drop off locations available.

A second batch of tickets will go on sale at midday on Monday 16th January 2017 exclusively via StubHub fromwww.stubhub.co.uk with tickets in all price brackets available. Tickets are priced £40, £60, £80, £100, £150, £200, £400, £800 and £2,000 VIP plus booking fees.

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/50000-tickets-sold-in-round-one-of-joshua-vs-klitschko-release/

Oh obligatory

#europeantakeover

They shouldve made the front tickets more expensive.

UFC at MSG tickets were $800 to $12,000 and still sold out really fast.

I understand making the back seating cheap since its 90,000 arena, but the front tickets couldve been $10,000 and wouldve still sold.

Oh obligatory

#europeantakeover

I don't know. The Europeans are tough, but Europe is a tough nut to crack. If Europe can best Europe though, then Europe will be in a good spot.

I don't know. The Europeans are tough, but Europe is a tough nut to crack. If Europe can best Europe though, then Europe will be in a good spot.

Perfidious Albion will never be part of Europe.

I understand making the back seating cheap since its 90,000 arena, but the front tickets couldve been $10,000 and wouldve still sold.
I'll let Eddie know he is messing up and losing out on money

Thats awesome. This fight is going to make big $$$.

Weren't those resale prices for 205?

Anyway, UFC 205 sold around 20400 tickets, and Joshua vs Klitschko sold 50,000 already, with another 30,000 or so likely to sell out in January. Kind of two different kettles of fish.

What's with your endorsement of gouging anyway, first GGG VS Jacobs, and now this.....they should charge more. Fucking lame if you ask me.

I'll let Eddie know he is messing up and losing out on money
Funny thing about that, is that Hearn knows exactly what he is doing with the tickets. There won't be a press row, which opens up more seats to be sold.

We're talking 90,000 ppl here. The UFC doesnt understand those type of numbers.

Anyway, UFC 205 sold around 20400 tickets, and Joshua vs Klitschko sold 50,000 already, with another 30,000 or so likely to sell out in January. Kind of two different kettles of fish.

What's with your endorsement of gouging anyway, first GGG VS Jacobs, and now this.....they should charge more. Fucking lame if you ask me.
Canelo's last fight had over 50,000 people attending and only drew a $5 million gate because the ticket prices were low. Ticket prices make a huge difference if you know the area is gonna sell out (particularly the VIP seats).

GGG/Jacobs is likely going to have to like $7 million gate, when they could easily have $12 million simply by raising the prices, because people will pay for them

Canelo's last fight had over 50,000 people attending and only drew a $5 million gate because the ticket prices were low. Ticket prices make a huge difference if you know the area is gonna sell out (particularly the VIP seats).

GGG/Jacobs is likely going to have to like $7 million gate, when they could easily have $12 million simply by raising the prices, because people will pay for them
Yea well maybe they dont want a bunch of snob nosed pussies filling up the arena, just to be hip and part of whatever is relevant at the moment.
Lower the prices and let some of the true boxing fans who maybe dont have alot of money, get a shot to go.

Yeah its not as if the people involved in the fight aren't going to make plenty of money. Fans get rinsed enough and those tickets still aren't that cheap, lets be honest

Gate was 5,037,900. Please stop lying and be accurate

Yea well maybe they dont want a bunch of snob nosed pussies filling up the arena, just to be hip and part of whatever is relevant at the moment.
Lower the prices and let some of the true boxing fans who maybe dont have alot of money, get a shot to go.
GGG/Jacobs is definitely different because that PPV is likely gonna flop while the demand to see it live is high.

If they raised the price of the tickets, less people would be able to go, but they would make so much money off the gate that HBO can pay a little and it wouldnt have to be a PPV.

GGG/Jacobs is definitely different because that PPV is likely gonna flop while the demand to see it live is high.

If they raised the price of the tickets, less people would be able to go, but they would make so much money off the gate that HBO can pay a little and it wouldnt have to be a PPV.
Thats just not true at all.

Already sold out 4 months before the fight. I told you they shouldve doubled down on the price of the tickets.

Thats a lot of money lost that Eddir Hearn couldve made

Already sold out 4 months before the fight. I told you they shouldve doubled down on the price of the tickets.

Thats a lot of money lost that Eddir Hearn couldve made

Who is eddir Hearn? Does he sell lard to your boss?

Back